Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Suspect Aircraft Just Sighted Over Yeovil, Somerset.

Ohhhh yes now you have put those facts forward that seems even stranger. I remember watching it turn as it passed over Yeovil, assuming it was landing at Yeovilton, and the only thing I thought was that it was a passenger plane that had run into difficulty and couldn't make it to Bristol or indeed Bournemouth or Exeter.

Do we know if the plane actually did land???

Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Yesterday, shortly before noon, I saw some more curious aerial manoeuvres over the Yeovil/Yeovilton area.

Several miles to the north of where I am I saw a passenger jet-sized aircraft at no more than two thousand feet flying eastwards along the horizon. It then suddenly turned through 180 degrees and immediately began losing altitude where it disappeared from view and I can only assume it landed at RNAS Yeovilton.

Further, about an hour before I saw this I heard some uncharacteristic loud aircraft noise overhead which certainly wasn’t a helicopter.

To turn an aircraft of this size through 180 degrees and then land immediately afterwards is not an easy manoeuvre and would have taken quite some piloting skills. But what was the purpose of such a manoeuvre? An ‘emergency landing’ from a cargo plane would not have required such a risky approach and I can’t imagine any training exercise for an emergency landing requiring such a precarious approach either.

Has anyone out there any ideas and did anyone else see this?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:33 AM

This sounds almost the same as what happened last year, how very weird! I live in Yeovil but I didn't see or hear anything, but having read what you have put a few of my facebook friends were commenting on the loud noise and rumble in Yeovil which they described as feeling like an earthquake, I'd be really interested to know why these aircraft come over Yeovil as such an altitude
Old 12-01-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstym01 View Post
This sounds almost the same as what happened last year, how very weird! I live in Yeovil but I didn't see or hear anything, but having read what you have put a few of my facebook friends were commenting on the loud noise and rumble in Yeovil which they described as feeling like an earthquake, I'd be really interested to know why these aircraft come over Yeovil as such an altitude
Thanks for your reply kirstym01.

That is odd. The noise I heard was certainly more like an aircraft than an earthquake and I didn't experience any vibration.

It is also odd if the same low flying aircraft produced the same noise as it would suggest it had been circling the area for over half an hour.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:57 PM

I am completely amazed I didn't hear anything! Are you actually in Yeovil? Just wandering in relation to my house where the plane might have flown, I know the one last year literally flew straight overhead and there is no way I could have missed that!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstym01 View Post
I am completely amazed I didn't hear anything! Are you actually in Yeovil? Just wandering in relation to my house where the plane might have flown, I know the one last year literally flew straight overhead and there is no way I could have missed that!
I'm in the more northerly part of the town towards the Mudford Road.

I don't know a lot about piloting, the only experience I have is from playing flight simulation computer games, but to turn through 180 and then land straight away on a long and narrow runway is actually extremely difficult indeed.

For a large aircraft like a passenger jet a long approach is used so the pilot has plenty of time to make fine adjustments to make sure is completely lined up with the end of the runway.

Also banking steeply at a low altitude is a little dangerous as well as the plane immediately starts to lose altitude. If you bank at an angle of 45 degrees for example you lose half the lift and the plane starts to fall.

This basically was what raised alarm bells for me.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:25 AM

Just to add to the above, knowing how difficult it is in practice to get a 180 degree arc to join perfectly onto the end of a straight line fixed onto the end of a runway, I wonder if the aircraft in question was not computer controlled itself?