Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Freemasonry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 11:45 AM
KYCH

Default Re: I AM a Freemason, and I can say this is nonsense-why not join and see for yoursel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban Freekmasons View Post
Have you read the book Freemasons are Dummies?
Sure have. Chris Hodapp is a pretty good author and Masonic researcher.

I've read many books written by many Masons and non-Masons alike.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:51 AM

Default Re: I AM a Freemason, and I can say this is nonsense-why not join and see for yoursel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorrison View Post
My name is Micheal Corrison, I'm a 19 year old member of the Scottish Rite Freemasons of New Jersey.
How frequently do Masonic lodges hold meetings, weekly? bi-weekly?

At the meetings, is it more of a social event like a dinner and conversation, or a study group like a group discussion, or do people give lectures?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:09 AM
KYCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Prime View Post
How frequently do Masonic lodges hold meetings, weekly? bi-weekly?
In Idaho Lodges are only required to meet once a month, but most meet on a weekly basis. Some special Lodges like the Lodge of Research or Historical Lodges only meet a few times a year or only once a year depending on attendance and necessity.

Quote:
At the meetings, is it more of a social event like a dinner and conversation, or a study group like a group discussion, or do people give lectures?
If it is the business meeting it is like any other group's business meeting where you go over minutes of last meetings, pay bills, new business/old business, and if any new members are petitioning our Lodge. Some meetings can be for ceremony or special purposes such as tactics (drill & ceremony), informative/educational, or for public meetings such as Table Lodges. It really depends on the Lodge and jurisdiction in which they are in.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 AM

Thumbs up Re: I AM a Freemason, and I can say this is nonsense-why not join and see for yoursel

Thanks KSig!

For many years I taught martial arts and ran my own academy. Every day potential students came in my door with some pretty crazy, misinformed ideas about what martial arts is, and what it can do.

I'm in a similar situation with Masonry. Sensible information is difficult to find. Most information I see on the web is either 100% anti-mason hysterics, or soft-sell promotional materials similar to what I used to design for martial arts schools.

Can you recommend any online materials which provide a balanced account of Masonry, both the good and not-so-good aspects?

Any help appreciated!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:14 PM
KYCH

Quote:
I'm in a similar situation with Masonry. Sensible information is difficult to find. Most information I see on the web is either 100% anti-mason hysterics, or soft-sell promotional materials similar to what I used to design for martial arts schools.

Can you recommend any online materials which provide a balanced account of Masonry, both the good and not-so-good aspects?

Any help appreciated!
There are some good websites out there. The Grand Lodge of Canada-British Columbia has a good "Search" function. They have a ton on anti-Masonry as well as other papers.

There is also several pages:

Freemason Information - This is a great site for those interested in Freemasonry.

Index of Papers by Freemasons - An interesting site with mostly research, not necessarily fact, but interesting theories.

Paul Bessel's website - Another site of good information.

Freemasons For Dummies - A great blog by a fairly known Masonic author, Christopher Hodapp.

Last edited by KSigMason : 02-28-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM

Excellent. Thank you for the study resources!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:53 AM
KYCH

There are some great books out there too. Christopher Hodapp wrote "Freemasons For Dummies". Arturo de Hoyos and Brent Morris wrote "The Complete Idiots Guide to Freemasonry". Both are good books with some great references.