Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Re: 11 Christians Facing 47 Years In Prison For Preaching The Scripture At Gay Pride Parade

Hello:

I am follower of Jesus Christ, for 25 years now. I can hardly believe it. In that time I have witnessed the power of His liberating message bring:

Hope to the hopeless
Joy to the despairing
Peace to the tormented
Solace to the lonely

and light to the darkened mind.

Yes, I have seen His loving hand touch peoples lives, including alcoholics, obessive/compulsives, manic depressives, suicidal folks, and yes, homosexuals. They are no different.

Peolple need the Lord.

So we can talk all night about social injustice, equality, political correctdness, cultural engineering, etc...

But ultimately, we will all die. And if you belong to Christ like many, many ex____ that I have personally met, well then, at your point of death, you will be in paradise...Just like the thief on the cross.

So, how did I come to the knowledge of this wonderful truth? It was being preached on the street (witout a permit !), by a group of young Christians in Brooklyn, NY.

They shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with me openly and with sincere love. Christ became my Lord and saviour shortly therafter and I have not been the same since. Jesus now dwells in us! That is true everlasting joy.

He will do the same for you. That's a promise, just believe on Christ. He truly Loves you, no matter what you have done.

Lynns husband

Old 12-23-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 11 Christians Facing 47 Years In Prison For Preaching The Scripture At Gay Pride Parade

by marypopinz on 2004/12/23 20:06:27

Quote:
Lynn, please re-read my post... I don't think we are talking about the same issue... playing into the media's hands.
No mary, actually I was replying to freeman. You came in talking in agreement with him, and then you continued about some of the topics he alluded to.

Then I had to reply to you .

Quote:
And please stop with that "hate" word and all the righteous judgement calls.
"hate" word? mary you can thank the new world order you speak of so very freely on here for that topic. It is not one close to "my" heart, though as a Christian, yes, it is often unfairly attributed to me and my brethren.

Why do you bring up a word so often used and try to attribute it to "me" personally?

Using a word they use against us, on a fairly frequent basis, is not a thing I find repugnant, since it is often used these days to silence us and falsely and erroneously label us. This word is also used to silence any oposition to these sinful lifestyles and people, no matter what the source.

Quote:
I don't appreciate constantly hearing about people hating other people, just my two cents.
"People"? What "people" are you speaking of exactly, mary? The "people" (me) who just posted that you're replying to, perhaps? I see no other "people" you are speaking to mary, in this context.

When you ascribe words about "hate" and "hating" to "people" mary, you best be sure who you are addressing. mary you are being quite politically "correct" in ascribing characteristics like "people hating people" to those you do not know, who happen to be Christians labeled by governments like your own as "hate-rs" and "hating". That's a fact hon and not one "I" invented.

If you don't appreciate it why are you addressing me?

I'm not the one who invented these systems of governance for men. Nor am I the one who is corrupting them.

You ought to be careful throwing around inflammatory,accusatory, not to mention false, statements about others mary, particularly in this context, as it does not look good from here.

Quote:
The moslem hates the christian, the christian hates the gay, the government hates the people, the kids hate their parents, the parents hate each other and on and on it goes.
I "hate" no gay and no man, mary. Please stop this grandstanding and emotionalism at the expense of me and my comments.

If you don't like Christians, fine. If you find them "hateful" fine, you seem to suggest that. This is what you feel. But do not throw the comment about as if it is some vague loose comment that fell out of the Heavens. If you're going to make unkind and false allusions, make them plain. Then it can be clearly seen, and not sideways insults like you have ladeled out here.

Give your words an owner mary, or you will be in true danger of looking and speaking like the very thing you seem to be crying out against.

Now that I think of it, even if you gave your words a direct "owner", the presumption in your reply is that you are talking to me. And I don't need to be attacked.

Quote:
Where it will stop, nobody knows.
mary, you are the one who took this to a new, more longwindied, place.. Not me. And hon, you keep doing that..

Quote:
Jesus and Mohammed are left and right, albeit completely different entities of religion and dogma based faith - that hegelian based principle.
Hegel was a man and not my God. This isn't seeming to me a dialogue of faith, so much as an effort for you to say something, and instead, you have used your comments to try to make wrong and erroneous suggestions about me and those in my faith.

Quote:
On second thought, I'm not entering into this dance.
Hon, you entered into this "dance" the moment you came in speaking for (?) freeman earlier today.

You re-entered it with your many words comments above.

It is quite unattractive, not to mention morally wrong, to come into a conversation under the guise of "well meaning", when all the comments are really doing is drawing undue attention to one's self, in order for that person to cut another down.

mary, if you have issues, and it seems you do, with "Christians" and "Muslims" and "hate" and "hating", then open up a thread and speak for yourself, hon.

Don't slide into a talk, that really wasn't actually addressing you, then sashay over to a position which has you in the "starring" role, cutting down another person, simply to make yourself look good. It doesn't and, I'm sorry to say, in these instances, you don't.

If you do things like this, particulalry in a public venue, expect what you get.

Don't whine about it as a public "outcry" and seek to pin all your hurts, pains and annoyances with the "human-race" on one lone individual,(in this case me), who you do not particularly, perhaps, agree with or like.

Quote:
Peace Lynn, I'll keep my two cents to myself in future.
Too late the hero hon.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:44 PM

by marypopinz on 2004/12/23 20:06:27

Quote:
Lynn, please re-read my post... I don't think we are talking about the same issue... playing into the media's hands.
No mary, actually I was replying to freeman. You came in talking in agreement with him, and then you continued about some of the topics he alluded to.

Then I had to reply to you .

Quote:
And please stop with that "hate" word and all the righteous judgement calls.
"hate" word? mary you can thank the new world order you speak of so very freely on here for that topic. It is not one close to "my" heart, though as a Christian, yes, it is often unfairly attributed to me and my brethren.

Why do you bring up a word so often used and try to attribute it to "me" personally?

Using a word they use against us, on a fairly frequent basis, is not a thing I find repugnant, since it is often used these days to silence us and falsely and erroneously label us. This word is also used to silence any oposition to these sinful lifestyles and people, no matter what the source.

Quote:
I don't appreciate constantly hearing about people hating other people, just my two cents.
"People"? What "people" are you speaking of exactly, mary? The "people" (me) who just posted that you're replying to, perhaps? I see no other "people" you are speaking to mary, in this context.

When you ascribe words about "hate" and "hating" to "people" mary, you best be sure who you are addressing. mary you are being quite politically "correct" in ascribing characteristics like "people hating people" to those you do not know, who happen to be Christians labeled by governments like your own as "hate-rs" and "hating". That's a fact hon and not one "I" invented.

If you don't appreciate it why are you addressing me?

I'm not the one who invented these systems of governance for men. Nor am I the one who is corrupting them.

You ought to be careful throwing around inflammatory,accusatory, not to mention false, statements about others mary, particularly in this context, as it does not look good from here.

Quote:
The moslem hates the christian, the christian hates the gay, the government hates the people, the kids hate their parents, the parents hate each other and on and on it goes.
I "hate" no gay and no man, mary. Please stop this grandstanding and emotionalism at the expense of me and my comments.

If you don't like Christians, fine. If you find them "hateful" fine, you seem to suggest that. This is what you feel. But do not throw the comment about as if it is some vague loose comment that fell out of the Heavens. If you're going to make unkind and false allusions, make them plain. Then it can be clearly seen, and not sideways insults like you have ladeled out here.

Give your words an owner mary, or you will be in true danger of looking and speaking like the very thing you seem to be crying out against.

Now that I think of it, even if you gave your words a direct "owner", the presumption in your reply is that you are talking to me. And I don't need to be attacked.

Quote:
Where it will stop, nobody knows.
mary, you are the one who took this to a new, more longwindied, place.. Not me. And hon, you keep doing that..

Quote:
Jesus and Mohammed are left and right, albeit completely different entities of religion and dogma based faith - that hegelian based principle.
Hegel was a man and not my God. This isn't seeming to me a dialogue of faith, so much as an effort for you to say something, and instead, you have used your comments to try to make wrong and erroneous suggestions about me and those in my faith.

Quote:
On second thought, I'm not entering into this dance.
Hon, you entered into this "dance" the moment you came in speaking for (?) freeman earlier today.

You re-entered it with your many words comments above.

It is quite unattractive, not to mention morally wrong, to come into a conversation under the guise of "well meaning", when all the comments are really doing is drawing undue attention to one's self, in order for that person to cut another down.

mary, if you have issues, and it seems you do, with "Christians" and "Muslims" and "hate" and "hating", then open up a thread and speak for yourself, hon.

Don't slide into a talk, that really wasn't actually addressing you, then sashay over to a position which has you in the "starring" role, cutting down another person, simply to make yourself look good. It doesn't and, I'm sorry to say, in these instances, you don't.

If you do things like this, particulalry in a public venue, expect what you get.

Don't whine about it as a public "outcry" and seek to pin all your hurts, pains and annoyances with the "human-race" on one lone individual,(in this case me), who you do not particularly, perhaps, agree with or like.

Quote:
Peace Lynn, I'll keep my two cents to myself in future.
Too late the hero hon.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I think you may be a bit more effected and taken in by the double-speak of these parties than you KNOW
As I said, Lynn, I knew I would be expressing a controversial viewpoint on this issue, but I am not backing down. That's okay, hit me with your best shot. I can take it, and I really need to work this through with people whose opinions I respect.
I bleieve the militant, dominionist brand of Christian Right tactics employed by charlatans such as Falwell, Robertson, etc. has done more to discredit real Christian values than the NWO opposition ever could have accomplished on their own. It is no small wonder to me that acts of volence (bombings and murders of abortion workers) and characters like Eric Rudolph have emerged from this morass of self-righteous subversion.
Further, I am not convinced that as a Christian I am required to hate homosexuals or even protest homosexuality in general. These were Old Testament and largely Talmudic taboos. Jesus founded the Christian faith on only two commandments: "Love God with all of your heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself." Maybe I missed the part where he said to love only your heterosexual neighbor, but I doubt it. Why didn't Jesus stone the adulterous woman, if he was really on board with this "Moral Majority" dogma? Further, the vision of the clean and unclean meats by St. Peter speaks toward this whole notion of Christians being bound by every commandment and law of the Old Testament. After all, you don't plan on sacrificing an ox any time soon, right?
What I DO hate are the efforts of the NWO/Illuminati to use homosexuality as another tool to undermine and corrupt traditional family structures and values, the same as feminism, promiscuity, substance abuse, etc. When they start to encourage homosexuality as not just an alternative but a PREFERABLE lifestyle, that is what gets my dander up. But much like the Jewish people, I feel that homsexuals are pawn themselves in this evil game.
From my own personal observation and experience, there is no doubt in my mind that a certain percentage of people (probably less than 10, I agree with Dr. Makow) are born with homosexual orientation. My own cousin was an example. He had totally normal parents, no trauma in his upbringing, but he always displayed effeminate, homosexual tendencies. My mother lived with his parents (her brother and sister-in-law) before she was married, and she could attest to these facts.
The boy struggled through high school, trying to "pass" even to the point of dating one or two girls, but when he finally went off to college, he decided it was time to "come out" and confront his parents. Their repsonse was pure kneejerk, fundamentalist Christianity. They threw him out of the house, rejected him as a son for many years and covered up the whole incident with the rest of the family. My mother was heartsick over it, since she suspected, and she had great affection for her nephew because she helped to raise him. He was totally isolated form his family, so hard up at one point my father gave him a leftover set of snow tires and I remember he had tears in his eyes when he accepted them. He was always a good, responsible guy, his relationships were discrete, and he conducted himself in an upright and moral manner as far as I'm concerned. When another aunt was terminally ill and lived close to him at the time, he constantly aided, assisted and generally looked out for her, as well as my mother when she had to move in with her sister and help nurse her at the end. When he ultimately reconciled with his parents, he displayed nothing but love and respect and was completely loyal and supportive through the death of his father, his widowed mother's health and finances, etc.
My aunt and uncle thought they were doing the right thing, the "Christian" thing. In fact, there seemed to be a genetic component at work on my aunt's side. She had a brother who exhibited similar tendencies, and her parents, aghast at the prospect of a "queer" in the family had him treated with hormones and every other remedy conventional medical science had in its arsenal at that time. He claimed to be "cured", but eventually he married a behemoth of a woman who looked more masculine than he did, and they had such a long and stormy relationship, I often wondered whether he would have been happier as a gay person.
Hating is not a Christian principle, whether we are hating gay people individually or collectively as the homosexual community. The subborners of Christianity encourage these divisions the same as they exacerbate any of their Hegelian conflicts. By reducing Christians to a level as mean-spirited and contentious as the forces of Satan, they reduce us to their level and cause Christians to lose respect universally.
I am not saying that homosexuality is part of God's plan, nor that Christians should not speak out against those who would exploit it as a wedge issue to weaken traditional values. I AM saying that we have to be careful how we approach the battle, and that we should never fail to express love and understanding for all of God's children and their differences, as well as their similarities.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:01 PM

freeman

I would like to apologize to you though, if my words seemed to jump on you for some of your comments.

I can't take back all I said.

But I never meant to make a comment about you personally, in regard to your faith, whatever that may be.

I am sorry mary found me "judgeing". It's a shame one can't judge, (determine through deciphering,) right from wrong or truth from untruth, without being personally condemned by some.

mary, I am also sorry if some of my words put you off, but I can't take back what I would have said again in a heartbeat, especially about what we American Christians must contend with.

When I looked back at freeman's comment I don't know that he was looking to be judgeing we Christians or unkind.

It could've been a kneejerk reaction on my part, but I don't seek to attack anyone, simply share what has been my insight or experience.

So, in the end, though I really can't take back all I've said, and I wouldn't, I am sorry if some of my words here offended anyone, particulalry those of anopther faith, or those who simply have other or different views or opinions, or opinions about we Christians.

I never meant to attack you freeman. I wasn't trying to. And mary I am sorry what i said to you was the kinder cut. I assure you if another replied it might have been far worse.

I only know what it is like to see, or seem to see, my rights, true human rights, slipping away, or efforts coming up daily, to try to strip them away in the name of secularism.

I still think there is a wrong thing about looking to "silence" the Christian, or anyone.
But especially, in light of these things, people of faith.

Not agreeing with a person is not "hating" them.
Nor is it being "phobic" of them.

It simply means you don't agree.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2004, 10:01 PM

freeman

I would like to apologize to you though, if my words seemed to jump on you for some of your comments.

I can't take back all I said.

But I never meant to make a comment about you personally, in regard to your faith, whatever that may be.

I am sorry mary found me "judgeing". It's a shame one can't judge, (determine through deciphering,) right from wrong or truth from untruth, without being personally condemned by some.

mary, I am also sorry if some of my words put you off, but I can't take back what I would have said again in a heartbeat, especially about what we American Christians must contend with.

When I looked back at freeman's comment I don't know that he was looking to be judgeing we Christians or unkind.

It could've been a kneejerk reaction on my part, but I don't seek to attack anyone, simply share what has been my insight or experience.

So, in the end, though I really can't take back all I've said, and I wouldn't, I am sorry if some of my words here offended anyone, particulalry those of anopther faith, or those who simply have other or different views or opinions, or opinions about we Christians.

I never meant to attack you freeman. I wasn't trying to. And mary I am sorry what i said to you was the kinder cut. I assure you if another replied it might have been far worse.

I only know what it is like to see, or seem to see, my rights, true human rights, slipping away, or efforts coming up daily, to try to strip them away in the name of secularism.

I still think there is a wrong thing about looking to "silence" the Christian, or anyone.
But especially, in light of these things, people of faith.

Not agreeing with a person is not "hating" them.
Nor is it being "phobic" of them.

It simply means you don't agree.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2004, 10:33 PM

You don't have to apologize, Lynne.
As I said, I was inviting this discussion, in order to bring some of these issues out in the open that have troubled and conflicted me for some time now.
Now, I may well be wrong about these Pink Angels protesting the gay protestors. They may well be sincere people of faith simply trying to interject a counter viewpoint, to wit, that being gay is not politically correct while traditional heterosexual values aren't (the subtle innuendo constantly driven home by the Satanists).
But I have legitimte qualms about these kinds of activities degenerating into a sideshow where both sides simply "mirror" each other in terms of intolerance and offensiveness. A lot of the militant Religous Right forces are controlled just as much as the ultra liberal types, and by the same global elitists. I am convinced of that.
For instance, look at how the government made their case against Fritz Springmeier. When they wanted to bring him up on bank robbery charges, they claimed to have found materials linking him to a militant, anarchist religious group called the Army of God (supposedly they even found ceramic body armor with an Army of God patch on the left shoulder; I know, time out for everyone to have a big belly laugh).
Further, we all have our hot button issues. For me it is obviously Freemasonry, since it has hurt myself and many other members of my immediate family deeply and personally. There may come a time when I will depend on you and others to rein me in when I delve too deeply into that subject matter.
I will simply say in closing that I think we as Christians and people of faith must be careful of the manner in which we address our criticisms and protests, taking care not to fall into any traps designed to convey an image of us as insensitive, narrowminded and intolerant. This was epitomized by the wisdom of Jesus as he dodged the minefield laid out for him by the Pharisees.
Merry Christmas to you as well.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:03 PM

freeman it is late and I am spending too much time here, but I will try to reply..

You say:

Quote:
As I said, Lynn, I knew I would be expressing a controversial viewpoint on this issue, but I am not backing down. That's okay, hit me with your best shot. I can take it, and I really need to work this through with people whose opinions I respect.
That's great freeman. Just that I don't "hit" people. It may seem that, it can be tiring defending one's self, particularly in a forum where one might not expect such things..I'll be happy to reply as I can.

Quote:
I believe the militant, dominionist brand of Christian Right tactics employed by charlatans such as Falwell, Robertson, etc. has done more to discredit real Christian values than the NWO opposition ever could have accomplished on their own.
Agreed. If people gauge "Christians" as a whole by simply all of them we'd be in for troubles.
I'd like to think people who are truly seeking Christ look for more. I did..And I was really blessed by my Husband's comments as well

Quote:
It is no small wonder to me that acts of volence (bombings and murders of abortion workers) and characters like Eric Rudolph have emerged from this morass of self-righteous subversion.
Sorry, I have no idea who that is. What is "self-righteoues subversion"? Is that like Liberalism. I find the secularism that is linked to quite subversive. Morass, I don;t think you are referring to even close to any slight majority in the Chrisiran ranks, freeman, actually.

Quote:
Further, I am not convinced that as a Christian I am required to hate homosexuals or even protest homosexuality in general.
Ok I agree there. But you are makinga grand erroneous presumption in that comment alone. You are suggesting we Christians "hate".This is untrue.

If you have a child or a loved nephew and you see him running with wild abandon into a fiery oven, do you not run and grab him away? Do you stop and think "Oh I may offend him" or "Oh he enjoys this let me say and do nothing". No, out of love yous top him. Out of love you let him know he is hurting hinself. Out of love you risk his dislike and annoyance for his betterment.

Aren't you being "hate-ful", restrictive? No.
You are simply letting him know the truth and right from wrong. Period.You are loving him so much, you're willing to be unpopualr with him to share what he deep down knows is true and for his best.

Quote:
These were Old Testament and largely Talmudic taboos.
Homosexuality is much more than a "taboo" it is a sin. Sir, you are correct in this, both the Old and New Testament, in other words the whole Bible, shares the sin of homosexual actiivities is wrong. And yes an entire city burned for this. It wa scalled Sodom and Gomorrah. From which we get the word sodomy, or sodomite, what gay mendo to each other and what a gay man is.

I know in your country this fact may be blotted out by a sodomizing government. It makes God's truth on it and His Word about it no less true freeman.

Quote:
Jesus founded the Christian faith on only two commandments: "Love God with all of your heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself."
Ok, got you there..But Christ and the Christian "faith" are not limited to only 2 commandments freeman. But for the sake of your point I will let that be.

Quote:
Maybe I missed the part where he said to love only your heterosexual neighbor, but I doubt it.
I wholelly agree. I think the gay men and women are, if it is indeed possible, to be loved more than anyone else into the Kingdom of God. They are the hurting parties that are used as dupes and pawns for Satan's advantage to bring about changes that will ruin society, and do them, and are doing, countless others, tremendous harm.

Quote:
Why didn't Jesus stone the adulterous woman, if he was really on board with this "Moral Majority" dogma?
freeman, seeing a thing as wrong and calling it wrong is not akin to "stoning" an adulterer or "on board" with "this moral majority dogma" (I don't really understand what that means. Or what you mean in this context.

Quote:
Further, the vision of the clean and unclean meats by St. Peter speaks toward this whole notion of Christians being bound by every commandment and law of the Old Testament. After all, you don't plan on sacrificing an ox any time soon, right?
No, it means don't let minor differences infaith be a stumbling block, freeman. It was actually specifically referring to meats and shellfish, pork and the like. I hardly call a contrast between meat-eaters and vegans one to be contrasted with sodomy and perversions,freeman.

The moment we quit wanting what God says, what God wants, thinking His thoughts, they win. It is that simple. It may sem incremental ,but it;s true.

Quote:
What I DO hate are the efforts of the NWO/Illuminati to use homosexuality as another tool to undermine and corrupt traditional family structures and values, the same as feminism, promiscuity, substance abuse, etc.
Agreed

Quote:
When they start to encourage homosexuality as not just an alternative but a PREFERABLE lifestyle, that is what gets my dander up.
Agreed. Absolutely, agreed.

Quote:
But much like the Jewish people, I feel that homosexuals are pawn themselves in this evil game.
Pawns, yes. But this "game" is out there for all and any who do not resist.

They should be dealt with with much love and kindness. But I am never truly loving anyone by shutting blind eyes to their sin and not letting them know better. Am I "judgeing" them? I am letting then know and reminding them about right from wrong, for their Eternal welfare.

1Corinthians 13 says "Love" "rejoices in the Truth".

I never truly am loving with anyone if I can't and don't let them know the truth, in love.

I kind of see the Christians and Orthodox Jews, but eventually, mainly, the Christians being the target here, freeman.

Quote:
From my own personal observation and experience, there is no doubt in my mind that a certain percentage of people (probably less than 10, I agree with Dr. Makow) are born with homosexual orientation.
Less, I am sure.But they are aiming higher. Ok I am not disagreeing here.

Quote:
My own cousin was an example. He had totally normal parents, no trauma in his upbringing, but he always displayed effeminate, homosexual tendencies.
Mine too. He died of Aids in 1992. Though not awfully effeminate, very slightly, almost negligable. We were pretty close. He was my Father's God-son.

Quote:
My mother lived with his parents (her brother and sister-in-law) before she was married, and she could attest to these facts.
Ok..

Quote:
The boy struggled through high school, trying to "pass" even to the point of dating one or two girls, but when he finally went off to college, he decided it was time to "come out" and confront his parents. Their repsonse was pure kneejerk, fundamentalist Christianity. They threw him out of the house, rejected him as a son for many years and covered up the whole incident with the rest of the family.
I'm sorry for that.Ok..

Quote:
Hating is not a Christian principle, whether we are hating gay people individually or collectively as the homosexual community

Tht is true freeman.

Quote:
The subborners of Christianity encourage these divisions the same as they exacerbate any of their Hegelian conflicts. By reducing Christians to a level as mean-spirited and contentious as the forces of Satan, they reduce us to their level and cause Christians to lose respect universally.
No that is a given,actually. God's Word says we will be hated for His sake. Actually, freeman, it says the world will nate us for His sake.

I don't know about Hegel. I think, no I know, Christians are consistently cut downa nd undermined by them. We live with it always.

My Husband lost a job the week before Thanksgiving for being a Christian. For "mentioning God" "a bit too much".He is the most loving man, and human being, I know.
A most kind and unobnoxious person in his faith and life.

Quote:
I AM saying that we have to be careful how we approach the battle, and that we should never fail to express love and understanding for all of God's children and their differences, as well as their similarities.
Seems, from what I am gleaning, they love to "play" us all, freeman. I think you're right, and I do agree about not failing to be loving and kind to all.

One of the most difficult things is we are asked to love our enemies. I don't find gays in any away an "enemy". Though these dark powers seek to make them think we are their enemy.

But, as I said, they seek to make us look ugly and small to the world. So they may offer a different vision.

That was my point.

It doesn't end for us.

But,God is greater.

I'd like to share with you a poem I wrote about my cousin, who was also gay,like yours. His name was Keith.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:14 PM

Keith

was more than just a
"homosexual"
He was my cousin
Keith
was beautiful
Keith
was one of my first crushes

I found out he was "gay" when I was 14.
His life did not end gaily
I don't know that it was even so very 'gay' in
between.
What a kind of queer word-
"gay"
As if these folks must be happy "every day". An
endless life of bliss..We've not see this..

Keith was just a person..
He had a dog
He was a wonderful writer
He wrote some bios on movie stars
He lived on Christopher Street
His apartment was small
Keith sang well
He played the guitar and at Folk City,too
Keith loaned me my first Simon & Garfunkel
album..
I played it for a class project Senior year.

Thinking back..
I don't think there was one ugly or unpleasant
thing about Keith!
He was the ring-bearer at my parents Wedding.
Keith was, in a way, the son my Father never
had. He was my Father's God-son.
Keith was born in May,like my Mother.
I swear Keith was art,kind of..

Keith had a few chubby years as a teen
and awful sarcasm, like his alcoholic Dad. A
misunderstood and pained man, his Father.

I think Keith may've worn the first Drew Cary
glasses in '67, though I cannot say for sure..Keith
was a somewhat hippie..back then.The
Beatles..John Lennon..

Keiths books are still sold on Amazon
.com..

Keith was at all our family parties.
I always looked forward to seeing him.

His Mother is my Aunt.
My Father's Sister.

Why must senseless crusades go on on both sides
political fences?!
Keith did not "choose" this..
Not directly.
Not exactly..
I never said the best life-style choice..can we
PLEASE put away the big guns?

He had to go on Lithium when he found out from
the Dr.
Suddenly he had mania and was buying too
much.. it was not like him..

Keith understood the things I said and had to say.

No,I'm not gay.

I loved Keith anyway..

Keith gave me my first book of poetry. Emily
Dickinson
And Pablo Neruda..
He signed them too..

Keith took me to see a band play at the Palladium
in '75, or was it '76?

Keith liked Don McLean, back then..

Keith had dark hair
Like most of our family..
I'm seeing him now in my mind's eye..
Alive..
It's not scarey..

Keith liked Annie Lennox..

And dressing well..
What's wrong with that?!

Keith felt I was the "only Christian" he agreed
with or felt sincere..But I know there are many
more of us. My Husband, being one. Just other
folks caught up in fighting stereotypes about 'who
we are' or aren't..

I know I must've had one dream that Keith was
not my Cousin or a "homosexual", both.. so I
could date Keith..In many ways, he was a
wonderful role model of a man's fine qualities..

His voice was not fluttery or high or whiney..
He didn't wear feathers..
Or collect Judy Garland or Bette Midler music..
Not at all!

Can't recall a pink or flashy thing he wore.
-
I'm sorry you're gone..
Your Mom's not well now.
You know we're praying..
Keith..

I'd be glad to carry that torch as
family-writer/artist Keith..

Wish you were here to see it..

Me..

Last thing you said when I was 27 was that I was
"just a kid".I guess I was..

Next to you, I guess I was..

November 8th was my head on collision in 2002.
God and His Grace spared my life. Thank you
God.Thank you Jesus. That's the day you kissed
the blue..1992.. I hadn't realized 'til I saw my
Mother's funeral card.

I was YOUR age THEN when this happened.
Whats with THAT?! Huh Keith-O?

Keith, Cristal, James..
We love you..

We will forget none of you..

Not one..

With Our Love,
Your-
Cousins
Sisters
Brothers
Friends

amen

P.S. Sins can have all kinds of glossy names. And
we ALL have sin, and have sinned..

But people are just people..
Each individual
Precious
Special
Unique
and
Fine

Try to understand..

I guess this sharing may not belong in this title at
all..

Since Keith was so much more..

Than an idea of someones idea of what someone
is or should be. Or could be..

But anyway,

Thats all.

Time to close the book..

I miss Keith
Thank you Keith
I love you Keith

It's ok now..
It's always been..
It's ok now..
*Nods.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:35 PM

One last thing.

I used the word "sodomite" for gay men who are doing "sodomy". When a man does this, this is what he is making himself act as. The man may be more than this, of course.

But arranging his life around this, and such things, is what it is called plain and simple.

It may seem impersonal or judgemental the word, but we can't forget this is what God's Word says.

On gay people, He also says, before (Christ) "such were some of you"

A man is more than his sinful actions. But when a man is building his life and very self image on a sin, this is in a way, what he is labeling himself by the acts.

We ought not to forget to be loving to them, I agree.

But, we must never forget, that God's truth in love is the very best thing for all men.

No matter how they may hate us for sharing it.

For a website run by men and women who have been delivered of these things through God's power in Jesus Christ, here is a link:

www.stonewallrevisited.com

Night now..