Old 10-17-2013, 02:17 PM

Default Pixies!!!!

The capo like the one at left above disappeared into thin air October 16, the new 30$ capo is at right!!

Quote:
Recently while playing guitar, I removed the capo that was on the neck at the third fret and put it on the table in front of me, an hour or so later I went to put it back on and it was gone!

Quote:
They say Pixies have a propensity to borrow things, maybe some Pixie dude like the one above wished to serenade his lady love and just had to have a capo, maybe I should expect some Pixie gift in return .. here's hoping, I would like my guitar playing to improve, I wonder if they can fix that up for me

Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Pixies!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkronizer
They leave gifts and expect something in return .. did you recently find something, and didn't leave anything in return?

Quote:
Not entirely .. a dude came by here to measure up for new window shades, he saw my guitar set up and told me he found a pile of broken guitars on the roadside, he said the only thing he could salvage was an Epiphone headstock that had a full set of very classy Epi machine heads.

As a non player he said he had no use for them, and just gave me the broken headstock before I could say no .. I thought about giving him an extra crystal ball I have here as a return gift, but did not want to precipitate an exchange on the basis of such a casual acquaintanceship .. that was the day before the capo went west!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Pixies!!!!

Quote:
That is not the end of it all .. after the last round of posting, I decided to check the shopping bags one last time before they turned into garbage bags, in the off chance the capo would turn up there, and found 50$ I had withdrawn at the supermarket checkout which had gone in with the receipt

http://spiritualparadigm.org/blog/co...n-explanation/
Disappearing Object Phenomenon

Quote:
That which was lost has been found .. the capo turned up Thursday October 31, 2013, hanging on a lead that runs under the table to my workstation desktop, which had been installed after the initial disappearance. The guy who gave me the broken headstock came by here again and I returned his gift .. the entire disappearance and reappearance saga resonates with similar stories at the above website!