Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Local chapters > Oceania
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 09:19 PM

Default Problems With Guitar Multi Effects Processor ..

Quote:
I practice best when playing thru headphones, and use a Korg Pandora PX5D Multi Effects Processor.

Quote:
With an electric guitar it provides only a barely adequate level of volume to the headphones, unless heavily distorted preset programs are selected. With an electric acoustic guitar and an acoustic with a sound hole pickup, the level of volume is entirely inadequate, similarly unless heavily distorted presets are selected.

Thus playing an acoustic twelve string with a Seymour Duncan sound hole pickup thru the PX5D, with Preset 33 Acoustic there is absolutely no amplification, despite both volume controls are set to maximum!
I would appreciate any advice

Old 03-28-2014, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Problems With Guitar Multi Effects Processor ..

Quote:
Korg Pandoras have a setting for either low output pickups as per an acoustic or electric acoustic guitar, or high output pickups on an electric guitar. The manuals are quite explicit about it all and explain how to adjust for tone and ambiance, when I carried out those same instructions the problem disappeared.. maybe if I had read the manual first we could have saved a lot of trouble!

Quote:
The blue Pandora PX3 I used for a long time, was drowned when torrential rain went thru the window of my miners cabin in Gove in Northern Australia, it never dried out properly and was completely unusable, I obtained the metallic tone Pandora PX5D as a replacement.

When the probs with the acoustic pickup arose, I checked the PX3 which had dried out by then to see it it would work, when it did not I started sending messages across the i'net declaiming both models .. there could be a lesson in it all, I dunno about that either!
The guitar pictured above looks, sounds and plays like a dream it cost 75$ on EBay

Last edited by Martin Timothy : 03-28-2014 at 07:12 PM.