Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned

Default Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

Grasping for straws will in no wise stop the Wheel that is set into motion.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:39 PM

That is correct Leonardo, it's all about which side you coose to align yourself with.

I know who'll win in the end and that's who i'm backing.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Researcher of Evidence

Exclamation Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

What in the fucking world is with that music!!!????

- NO! - DON'T YOU REALIZE??? YOU HAVE TO VOTE FOR YOURSELF TO THEN VOTE FOR A THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE, SUCH AS EVERYONE; IT'S CRITICAL TO UNITE!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Researcher of Evidence

Wink Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

OH... I JUST NOTICED .. WTF, caps are on, okay... I just noticed there is an embedded object... cool! - Now when I do my music, you'll all have a taste ;-)
Old 10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonewillcome View Post
That is correct Leonardo, it's all about which side you coose to align yourself with.

I know who'll win in the end and that's who i'm backing.
Good to have you on board, sailer!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
workin' for the man

Send a message via AIM to justgroovy

Not an unreasonable request Blue =) I

If I missed any let me know.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgroovy View Post
Not an unreasonable request Blue =) I

If I missed any let me know.
Objection your honor! First of all, Christianity has come under severe attack in this thread and these attacks include Monarch attacks from the opposition party en gratuit.

Furthermore, there is a long standing precedent of free and liberal personal expression, and the Bill of Rights in the Constitution of the United States of America giving all her citizenry freedom of speech. I have simply made use of the available tools of argumentation and dramatic presentation to display the point in case pro hac vice.

FCC rules regulate mass communications within these United States of America, some of the content may be offensive to some viewers. And yet the ways and means that have been used among the populace by social contract and appeal have been that if the broadcasting content offends one, he may, should and does have the right to change the channel.

Therefore, I propose that instead of a step backwards into a Nazi style form of CC governance, we trust and adhere to the wisdom of the forefathers in these matters. For only by the free and liberal use of all the arts and sciences will we be able to realize that zennith and pinnacle of human understanding and consciousness, thus establishing peace and harmony within a troubled world.

And so, I appeal to the preciding parties and the court of the populace to let technology and free speech take their proper course within these honorble walls of Club Conspiracy. And if content at certain junctures may offend the one, then let him turn to another thread wherein he may find more suitable and appealing content.

Thank you.

--Fra N. 0=1

Last edited by justgroovy : 10-16-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Look, if you're in a library trying to read and someone decides to bring in a radio and put the sound volume on high, that person would be asked to leave.

It's called manners, respect for your fellow man and not freedom of speech.

Being forced to listen to music while reading this thread and the scenario described above would be referred to as disturbing the peace.

Put the music there, but let the viewers decide at their discretion whether or not they want to listen to it.

Sounds simple to me.

I hope JustGroovy decides to remove all the music you provide, as above, Twisted Sister, which forces people to turn down the volume on their computer whenever they look at this thread.

We should not be forced to accommodate your rudeness.
Quite to the contrary, Cathy. First, this is not a library, this is a BBS service. The BBS service was at the forefront of the Internet Revolution. The BBS has been the SOUNDING board and backbone of the World Wide Web for more than 20 years. The BBS service is a bastion for PERSONAL broadcasting from the PERSONAL computer. YOU are not being FORCED to do or listen to anything other than what YOU choose. If the quality content that I produce and broadcast as an Independant Personal Broadcaster offends you then you as the viewer and consumer are free to change the channel. The revolution will not be televised. Viva la revolucion!

Last edited by justgroovy : 10-16-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:03 AM
workin' for the man

Send a message via AIM to justgroovy

OK Leonardo, this is the deal. If you can find a music service that gives other members the option of listening to the music you have so lovingly and painstakingly picked out for them, then I am all for you playing DJ in a thread.

To be really specific, a player that loads up in "Stop" mode with an option to hit play (much like the youtube player) is totally acceptable.

However, having music just start automatically when someone comes to a page is a bit invasive. And if someone is at work, or using wifi in a restaurant, library or college campus, the blaring music could lead to additional socio-economic problems for our beloved community members.

I will leave you with this quote:

"The good of the many outweighs the good of the few, or the one."
Old 10-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

Angry Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgroovy View Post
OK Leonardo, this is the deal. If you can find a music service that gives other members the option of listening to the music you have so lovingly and painstakingly picked out for them, then I am all for you playing DJ in a thread.

To be really specific, a player that loads up in "Stop" mode with an option to hit play (much like the youtube player) is totally acceptable.

However, having music just start automatically when someone comes to a page is a bit invasive. And if someone is at work, or using wifi in a restaurant, library or college campus, the blaring music could lead to additional socio-economic problems for our beloved community members.

I will leave you with this quote:

"The good of the many outweighs the good of the few, or the one."
I can appreciate your views. And I understand the conventional (i.e., lowest common denomenator of social IQ, which is about 80) wisdom from which they are derived. Albeit, the use of Automated Sound Technology is no more invasive then electronic text. If someone does not wish to read a post, they may opt to not read it. If someone does not wish to LISTEN to a post they may turn down the volume on their end and not read the post.

You're right, the good of all outweighs the good of one. But taking the side of the one (e.g. Blue Angel), and her unfounded, subjective opinion on the matter is in my mind the highest form of hypocrisy.

And what if others in restaurants, or college campuses, or homeless shelters want to hear Frater's message of hope and change? Then you are blocking the good of all simply to kiss up to the whims of one hagard witch named Blue Angel. I can already see the whole plot. You are working in collusion to cut off the personal liberties of Joe Six Plumber, you're against the Constitution, and you are part of the Conspiracy to stop Personal Computer Broadcasting.

This is a travesty and a step back for the freedom, rights, and the liberties of us all.

FACISTS!

<object width="300" height="110"><param name="movie" value="http://media.*****.com/m/eEiT51DOuc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.*****.com/m/eEiT51DOuc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="110" wmode="transparent"></embed><a href="http://www.*****.com/people/HgO2_d4/music/EBCKmNKT/overkill_never_say_never/">Never Say Never - Overkill</a></object>

Last edited by Leonardo : 10-16-2008 at 12:28 PM.