Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Are you prepared if the crap hits the fan?

Many of us out here prepared for Y2K, by stocking up with food, toilet paper, batteries, etc, and although nothing happened, it was something that I learned should always be in our collective minds in todays world.
The fact is we never know when the crap might hit the fan, and as someone who tries to be prepared, I want to encourage more people that they need to look at the possibility that the world is a more dangerous place, security is not a given, and we all should be able to atleast have supplies on hand to help our own families to get through possible bad times, personally I have a limited income, but manage to get a few items put away that I feel might be needed if the world turns upside down, sadly if the world becomes topsy turvy I don't have enough supplies to help my neighbors and good friends, they will have to be turned away, to defend for themselves, thus we will be lowering the community structure even further down a path of least resistance, and that is chaos, America doesn't deserve this, so I do hope you consider this post seriously, and you do take preventative measures, if you live somewhere else the post means just as much.
We don't want a furthuring of restrictions on us, pushing us ever nearer to full Marshall Law, I say take heed!

Old 08-08-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Are you prepared if the crap hits the fan?

You are absolutely right. Making survival plans is a very good idea. Many resources we currently take for granted are going to be disrupted. The wealthy insiders are making preparations. We all would be wise to do the same.

Here is a good article on this subject:
Bush-Cheney Paranoia: ’Domestic Terrorism’ & the National Security Service (The New SS)
http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=7171
Here is an excerpt:

They’re concerned about their own safety in the future. And I’ve noticed this too -- the paranoia that exists now within the ranks of wealthy Republicans that have ties to the regime. Should the American people ever understand all of this, and what has been done to them and what is going to happen to them, I don’t care how many machine-gun-toting guards you have in front of a gated, wealthy Republican community, you’re not going to keep the BOVOBs (Burned-Out Victims of Bushonomics) out. It’s a fortress mentality the top 1% have.

A number of these high-security, wealthy Republican, gated communities are purposely being built around military bases, so they can have easy access and protection. Then they can be hustled into an underground bunker on short notice.

It was pressure from the real estate industry that opened up the sale of closed-down, and soon-to-be closed-down, military bases for development. Not only that, but the federal government even finances some of it.

Another displaced population is the number of wealthy Republican gated communities that are being built on former military bases. They’ve got gates, they’ve got walls, they’ve got underground bunkers. Everything is blast-proof and radiation-proof. Internal power and water systems. There’s even air strips, so you can get your Lear jet to the Cayman Islands in a hurry.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:54 AM

Is there such a thing as canned cheesecake? I really can't live without it. lol. no, but seriously, I agree, and I think the whole 'National Security' thing is just a smoke screen. Just the fact that there is such a thing should make us want to prepare.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:37 PM

No. I'm not prepared and I'm not preparing. They should be preparing to spend the rest of their lives behind BARS!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Are you prepared if the shit hits the fan?

Quote:
Torchlithill wrote:
The fact is we never know when the shit might hit the fan, and as someone who tries to be prepared, I want to encourage more people that they need to look at the possibility that the world is a more dangerous place, security is not a given, and we all should be able to atleast have supplies on hand to help our own families to get through possible bad times!
This should be common sense, but sadly, the majority of our country doesn't know what that is anymore. :-( :-? :-x
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 08-12-2005, 03:44 AM

easy, don't need to stock up, as the sheeple are only interested in whatever frozen fast food they like, or how many aisles of potatoe chip they can consume.

A quick review of the local supermarkets indicates that through the health food sections, and soup sections, I could pick up nearly half a tonne of dried legumes for less than $1,000 in an afternoon.

(canned, would be a whole lot more, for a whole lot more money, but you'd be buying them while the others were stocking up on frozen chickens).
Old 08-12-2005, 12:11 PM

I live on 5 acres of land in the mountains. when 911 happened, a whole group came up from DC with all their survival gear and camped out on the land next door, ready to stay there with their kids, in case there was an anthrax attack. There's a kind of survivor mentality out here. There are quite a few disgruntled Vietnam vets and an interesting collection of folks in general. Got the cans, the beans, etc. Got what we would need. Interested in any other ideas re. food sources.
But also got no illusions as to how long we could hold out. Just wouldn't go down easy. peace...hopefully, Kalima
Old 08-12-2005, 03:30 PM

There is some good information available on these websites:

WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!
http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

Disaster Preparedness Guides, Tips
http://www.knowledgehound.com/topics/survival.htm

Survival Related Links
http://www.weyrich.com/book_reviews/survival_links.html

Don't Panic!
http://www.bwolf.com/index.php?section=Home&category=Home
Old 08-12-2005, 09:15 PM

No, I'm pretty much shit outta luck. When it hits, it'll hit me too. :-( :-? :-x
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 08-13-2005, 08:02 AM

No, I'm not prepared. All I can do is continue to speak out.

However, I'm prepared to throw some crap in their fan!!