Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Social Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
But please explain what is right or wrong, without referring to social values, virtues, morals, or written law?
I would say that doing right means that you seek to not hurt other living beings intentionally (either mentally or physically) unless it is vital for your own survival or that of your peers. Doing wrong would mean that you hurt other living beings intentionally without it being vital for your own survival or that of your peers.

What is considered vital for survival is open for interpretation, though. For example, punishment of criminals could be considered as a necessary evil to keep society stable and thus maintain the survival of the species. Another example is eating meat, as vegetarians will argue that eating meat is not vital for our survival whereas many others disagree. Religions and ideologies exist precisely to align people's interpretation of what's right and wrong.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Hyper M0derator

nicely put out of the box!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
i said mostly. Pertaining the natural world.

But i somewhat agree. Raping and killing can also be for financial gain or social obediance, which governments throughout history have demonstrated.

But please explain what is right or wrong, without referring to social values, virtues, morals, or written law?
One should not have to explain to another what is right and what is wrong.

This is based upon an individual's belief system.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
One should not have to explain to another what is right and what is wrong.

This is based upon an individual's belief system.
That's just your opinion. Not everyone agrees with that opinion.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
That's just your opinion. Not everyone agrees with that opinion.
Yes.

Most of the time, comments by members of this forum reflect their opinion and not the opinion of everyone else on the planet.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
I would say that doing right means that you seek to not hurt other living beings intentionally (either mentally or physically) unless it is vital for your own survival or that of your peers. Doing wrong would mean that you hurt other living beings intentionally without it being vital for your own survival or that of your peers.

What is considered vital for survival is open for interpretation, though. For example, punishment of criminals could be considered as a necessary evil to keep society stable and thus maintain the survival of the species. Another example is eating meat, as vegetarians will argue that eating meat is not vital for our survival whereas many others disagree. Religions and ideologies exist precisely to align people's interpretation of what's right and wrong.

So we are in agreement then?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Hyper M0derator

but ihimself, out of the box's defination of morals does not include god - you actually agree with that?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Free Member

I have stated many times, that god's existence, is merely MY interpretation of the BODY of LIFE. We all know that ALL life is connected. Our universe, and even universes beyond, are all ONE part of a body..called life. I choose to call this body...god.

Out of the Box merely pointed out that morals are based on interpretation, as well as social values, virtues, religious affiliations, etc. NOT fact. I don't believe the existence of god was ever in question.

The question...does god exist, is one which has been purely concentrated on the judeo/christian/islamic faith. Which, no question, are based on a deity. Does a deity exist? Of course. There are so many deities. The judo/christian/islamic faiths like to believe the one in which they worship, is the supreme of them all. The sun. Hence, the star of david, the cross. In ancient greece, it was Zues, or Jupiter, our largest planet in the solar system. Individually, they are ALL gods. It is based on interpretation. So, in essence, there is NO question that god exists, for there are many. The question is, do you believe your heart is the supreme god to your body, or even though more powerful, it is only a part of it, and it is YOU, your ENTIRE body, TOGETHER, that makes up....YOU. God.

I am ALIVE...I AM LiFE...GOD is LIFE...I AM GOD.

say it...believe it...for that is truth.