Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Social Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-18-2010, 03:05 AM
Out of the Box Out of the Box is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 518
Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted


Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
But please explain what is right or wrong, without referring to social values, virtues, morals, or written law?
I would say that doing right means that you seek to not hurt other living beings intentionally (either mentally or physically) unless it is vital for your own survival or that of your peers. Doing wrong would mean that you hurt other living beings intentionally without it being vital for your own survival or that of your peers.

What is considered vital for survival is open for interpretation, though. For example, punishment of criminals could be considered as a necessary evil to keep society stable and thus maintain the survival of the species. Another example is eating meat, as vegetarians will argue that eating meat is not vital for our survival whereas many others disagree. Religions and ideologies exist precisely to align people's interpretation of what's right and wrong.

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 AM
superted superted is offline
Hyper M0derator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 276
Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted

nicely put out of the box!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-18-2010, 01:23 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
i said mostly. Pertaining the natural world.

But i somewhat agree. Raping and killing can also be for financial gain or social obediance, which governments throughout history have demonstrated.



But please explain what is right or wrong, without referring to social values, virtues, morals, or written law?
One should not have to explain to another what is right and what is wrong.

This is based upon an individual's belief system.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Out of the Box Out of the Box is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 518
Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
One should not have to explain to another what is right and what is wrong.

This is based upon an individual's belief system.
That's just your opinion. Not everyone agrees with that opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-18-2010, 01:40 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
That's just your opinion. Not everyone agrees with that opinion.
Yes.

Most of the time, comments by members of this forum reflect their opinion and not the opinion of everyone else on the planet.

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-23-2010, 02:26 AM
iHIMself™ iHIMself™ is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 134
Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
I would say that doing right means that you seek to not hurt other living beings intentionally (either mentally or physically) unless it is vital for your own survival or that of your peers. Doing wrong would mean that you hurt other living beings intentionally without it being vital for your own survival or that of your peers.

What is considered vital for survival is open for interpretation, though. For example, punishment of criminals could be considered as a necessary evil to keep society stable and thus maintain the survival of the species. Another example is eating meat, as vegetarians will argue that eating meat is not vital for our survival whereas many others disagree. Religions and ideologies exist precisely to align people's interpretation of what's right and wrong.

So we are in agreement then?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-23-2010, 03:47 AM
superted superted is offline
Hyper M0derator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 276
Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted

but ihimself, out of the box's defination of morals does not include god - you actually agree with that?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 PM
iHIMself™ iHIMself™ is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 134
Default Re: Zeitgeist Movie Refuted

I have stated many times, that god's existence, is merely MY interpretation of the BODY of LIFE. We all know that ALL life is connected. Our universe, and even universes beyond, are all ONE part of a body..called life. I choose to call this body...god.

Out of the Box merely pointed out that morals are based on interpretation, as well as social values, virtues, religious affiliations, etc. NOT fact. I don't believe the existence of god was ever in question.

The question...does god exist, is one which has been purely concentrated on the judeo/christian/islamic faith. Which, no question, are based on a deity. Does a deity exist? Of course. There are so many deities. The judo/christian/islamic faiths like to believe the one in which they worship, is the supreme of them all. The sun. Hence, the star of david, the cross. In ancient greece, it was Zues, or Jupiter, our largest planet in the solar system. Individually, they are ALL gods. It is based on interpretation. So, in essence, there is NO question that god exists, for there are many. The question is, do you believe your heart is the supreme god to your body, or even though more powerful, it is only a part of it, and it is YOU, your ENTIRE body, TOGETHER, that makes up....YOU. God.

I am ALIVE...I AM LiFE...GOD is LIFE...I AM GOD.

say it...believe it...for that is truth.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.