Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 12:33 AM

Default CIA still witholds JFK assassination docs

CIA still witholds JFK assassination docs
CIA still witholds JFK assassination docs | War On You: Breaking Alternative News
The CIA is fighting to prevent the release of hundreds of documents involving its funding of an anti-Castro group in New Orleans that engaged in well-publicized clashes with Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of 1963.

The New York Times reported on Friday that the files "involve the curious career of George E. Joannides, the case officer who oversaw the dissident Cubans in 1963. In 1978, the agency made Mr. Joannides the liaison to the House Select Committee on Assassinations -- but never told the committee of his earlier role."

Joannides was the deputy director for psychological warfare at the CIA's Miami station, JM/WAVE, which was the center of anti-Castro activities in the early 60's and served as a spawning ground for figures who would later be involved in covert operations in Vietnam and in Iran-Contra. In 1963, Joannides worked closely with leaders of the the Directorio Revolucionario Estudantil and exercised a significant degree of control over the group's leaders.
Who Murdered our beloved president, JFK? | War On You: Breaking Alternative News

Former Washington Post reporter Jefferson Morley has been engaged since 2001 in a battle to learn move about the dual role placed by Joannides, which has raised suspicions that he was part of a coverup. "I know there's a story here," Morley told the Times. "The confirmation is that the C.I.A. treats these documents as extremely sensitive."

G. Robert Blakey, who served as staff director to the House Select Committee on Assassinations, told the Times, "If Iíd known his role in 1963, I would have put Joannides under oath -- he would have been a witness, not a facilitator. ... How do we know what he didnít give us?"
CIA Refuses to Release Oswald Files

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:31 AM

Default Re: CIA still witholds JFK assassination docs

This situation worries me greatly. For one thing if they release these documents it would most definitely expose anti Castro patriots. I have no doubt the CIA did wrong to some degree. The question is how do we bring the bad men to justice without hurting national security.

You mentioned the Iran/contra scandal so I have to put in my two cents and hope for interest. First I have no problem with funneling money to fight communism or terrorism. I think we have to find legal ways to do this.

If we keep doing things stupidly we only hurt ourselves some of my ideas on stupidity in the government.

My personal views on the Kennedy assassination is that he made statements against freemasonry. These guys are the best at throwing suspicion everywhere for every action they do. I grew up with many members of my family that were freemasons. So I speak from experience.

1) untie the hands of the military and CIA. But only if they can show they will behave and fight like the honest untouchable good guy.
2) don't put so much pressure on them for results when they can only be achieved through ideotic measures like torture and overbearing psywar ops.
This can only be done with enough troops and support, and then it will be hard.
3) I have a real big problem with torture (not that I wouldn't be tempted to beat the living snot out of Ossama if I got my hands on him) but I will do my best to never support such a matter. Killing him in battle or arresting him is good enough for me.
4) As fighters to rid our government of this ideocy we must recognize there are issues with every clandestine operation that if all records are exposed it would expose something that would hurt national security ie names of agents and more important their families.
5) If we support the ideas of the death penalty or torture in an imperfect society we support killing or torturing the wrong person eventually.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I Have A Cunning Plan. .

Default Re: CIA still witholds JFK assassination docs

The reason they aren't releasing the documents is because it would incriminate them, after all, it was they who assassinated him.