Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: How to know the Truth

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
Jesus said: I am the way, the truth and the life. I still stick to it. There is a point where natural revelation (what you get by observing nature) is just not enough. You need God`s revelation to understand man`s predicament, origin, objective, etc (methaphysics). This came to be in Jesus and is fairly easy to understand, so even a child can get it.

Gnosticism is the contrary, it says it takes lots of effort (as very wise men) to know the truth. It really appeals to the pride of men.

Another big mistake gnostics make is to think that truth is inside of us. It is not, it doesn't depend on us to exist. Much like the sun will keep on shinning even if you cover your eyes.

Cheers
Hello Saturnino.
I visited a christian church and bible study in my area, just to see what I could see. Just like other christian churches I have visited, I am able to detect metaphysics going on in the preaching and bible interpretations. And this particular church stresses the 'truth' inside of us. Infact, the pastor said that this is why we bow our heads because the truth is within.
I welcome your response.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:48 PM

In the 501c3 corporate shit hole church I attend, I don't close my eyes and I don't bow my head while everyone else is. I think group prayer in a public setting is bullshit and I can't relate to whoever is doing the praying and I feel stupid when they call on me to do it. And they wonder why my prayers are so short! Haha! What the hell was this thread about again? :roll: int: :-o ops: 8-) :hammer:
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 02-04-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Let me see you facing this!

For further explanations see my post "The maind danger on this forum" and "Why conspiracy is a theological problem".
Old 02-04-2005, 06:10 AM

Quote:
nohope187 wrote:
In the 501c3 corporate shit hole church I attend, I don't close my eyes and I don't bow my head while everyone else is. I think group prayer in a public setting is bullshit and I can't relate to whoever is doing the praying and I feel stupid when they call on me to do it. And they wonder why my prayers are so short! Haha! What the hell was this thread about again? :roll: int: :-o ops: 8-) :hammer:
Good morning nohope:
Why then do you go to this church?
Also, I apologize for the can of worms. Sorry, I will no longer post anything with a personal experience to it. No one understands or wants to here it.
Sincerely, get_real
Old 02-04-2005, 08:36 AM

Here's something I've been wondering about.
Why do we bow our heads in prayer?
Why do we fold or place our hands together?
Can someone provide scripture for this?
Old 02-04-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Kurt Almqvist On Praying

Darn!
That's a GOOD question and a very important one. I did read a fantastic book that took that issue up, but unfortunately I don't think it's published in English. It does exist in Swedish and Hungarian though, if you master any of those languages...

If by any chance you want to search for it the author's name is Kurt Almqvist and the book is called "Man - The Forgotten Temple"
I suppose it's being placed on this website when it's ready or something... http://www.geocities.com/divinecities/kurtalmqvist.html

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything useful about this particular issue by Kurt Almqvist on the net.

I just might have to translate that book into English myself...! :lol:
Old 02-08-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Kurt Almqvist On Praying

Draken, I'm afraid you're losing not only your time, but also your soul! Haven't all your extensive readings already learned you how limited our knowledge of spiritual things is? If we resort to our failible reason then we find only one way in front of us and it is certainly not the way up...

As for the "eternal" questions "why pray", "why priests" and so on - they lead only to "Why God", which is the final apostasy. This is the Protestant way, which has led the world to the modern final general apostasy, the one about the Apostle Paul did prevent us... I beg the pardon of any Protestant reader; I wouldn't like to offend anyone.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:20 AM

Default God's Choice

Vlad, there are not just ONE way to God. Even though I don't advocate any way more than another (because I don't know enough about each one) the one I seem to have to follow at this time in my life is the Way of Knowledge, i.e. Hindu form of jnana.

Sure, I know there is no equivalent to experience and pure action. But I don't know enough about the right way FOR ME and I wouldn't want to decide to experience and act and realise too late that I've chosen the wrong path!

God decides what I choose in the end.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: God's Choice

Your problem is the modern man's problem: there are so many ways opened in front of you that you're afraid to commit yourself to only one of them because it may prove to be the wrong one! I'm sorry; I don't mean to offend you anyhow, you're the first reason I'm still on this forum; but your case reminds me of the fable of the Buridan's mule.

The answer is in yourself, but you are afraid to follow it. How do I know? Because is the same case with me ...
Old 02-09-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: God's Choice

I agree, Vlad.

I can't help being born into this modern world, hence the root of my modern man's problem. I suppose we both have to wade through a lot of shit to find a little piece of gold.

This wasn't a problem for a man living in Traditional times.

Actually I'm pretty sure which are the different right ways that lead to God, as long as you commit to either one of them fully and totally. My problem is that I need to get to know my soul and my reason God put me in this life, and that's not easy. When I know that then I can fully and totally commit to His will but KNOWINGLY, not blindly.

At least having identified the problem is a good thing. Being aware of my predicament is the first step toward solving it.