Caleb Michael Riley

Send a message via Yahoo to Caleb
Default Re: Religion and supernatural deities

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
then you all believe we all started from mud slime
so how did the mud slime get here
watch out for the fog

Um...as you may know, cosmology and geology take a MEGA-long time to occur even on the smallest of scales. Who knows really? I do know that you don know. I also know that I do not know. As I am not several million (billion) years old
Old 05-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Hyper M0derator

Yea like Caleb says Kerry, no body knows how we got here. You say a christian god, Caleb says a non-christian deity that is called god (strange).

I like to take the stance of Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is that the first cell just randomly arranged itself in the earth's ocean a loooonnngggg time ago.

Where the universe came from - you ask? Well christ knows! But it sure as shit wasn't any supernatural deity!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Caleb Michael Riley

Talking Re: Religion and supernatural deities

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
Yea like Caleb says Kerry, no body knows how we got here. You say a christian god, Caleb says a non-christian deity that is called god (strange).

I like to take the stance of Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is that the first cell just randomly arranged itself in the earth's ocean a loooonnngggg time ago.

Where the universe came from - you ask? Well christ knows! But it sure as shit wasn't any supernatural deity!
Lets not say, "sure as shit" as we can not be. Let be smart here and stay with, " I don't know". Occam's Razor is supremely intresting in theory. Also, I use the term "god" because it is a lot easier and faster to type then ,"non-christian deity that is called god"! LOL

Last edited by Caleb : 05-08-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Hyper M0derator

I think you misunderstand me Caleb. My issue is that you define yourself as non-christian, you said so yourself. Christians believe that their supernatural deity is called 'God'. My point being that I find it strange that you call your supernatural deity 'God' too, I mean you could call it anything, any chain of letters, yet you decide to call your supernatural deity the exact same name as christians.

Seems pretty obvious that your a wanna be christian!!! or as I said before, your one of those that wants to believe in a christian god, but only the easy bits you want to believe.

Of course we can't be 'sure as shit'. That line was a joke, but a joke with meaning. Like I said before, Occam's Razor. Two explanations, either we are here totally by random OR there's some dude out there that created us, he can totally break and shatter the rules of physics and do whatever he wants. Hmmmmm, somehow Occam would assume that we were here by random!!!!

Oh and before you say, "if we're here by random, where did it all begin?" Well no body knows, and a supernatural deity isn't the answer either as they also need a beginning, who created the supernatural deity? why is the supernatural deity here? and so on!

Science cannot explain everything, but it can explain an awful lot more than religion ever can!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:

our brain is nuthing but a central nervous system. so is yours.. so where does the understanding come from to try to find out how we started
Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Hyper M0derator

Kerry, kerry, kerry...another useless statement. I'm not even sure what your really trying to get at....

Are you trying to prove there's a god simply by stating that we question where we might have come from? How about the fact that it is just plain commonsense to wonder where it all began. I would pay any price to know, but to 'assume' it was a supernatural deity is just weak. Now don't get me wrong, it could be a supernatural deity, it's just not very likely!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Caleb Michael Riley

Quote:
I think you misunderstand me Caleb. My issue is that you define yourself as non-christian, you said so yourself. Christians believe that their supernatural deity is called 'God'. My point being that I find it strange that you call your supernatural deity 'God' too, I mean you could call it anything, any chain of letters, yet you decide to call your supernatural deity the exact same name as christians.

Seems pretty obvious that your a wanna be christian!!! or as I said before, your one of those that wants to believe in a christian god, but only the easy bits you want to believe.

Of course we can't be 'sure as shit'. That line was a joke, but a joke with meaning. Like I said before, Occam's Razor. Two explanations, either we are here totally by random OR there's some dude out there that created us, he can totally break and shatter the rules of physics and do whatever he wants. Hmmmmm, somehow Occam would assume that we were here by random!!!!

Oh and before you say, "if we're here by random, where did it all begin?" Well no body knows, and a supernatural deity isn't the answer either as they also need a beginning, who created the supernatural deity? why is the supernatural deity here? and so on!

Science cannot explain everything, but it can explain an awful lot more than religion ever can!
The misunderstanding is the fact that you seem to no get that I agree with 95% of what your saying. I just find it more likely that there may be some type of greater being out there that "conceived" us to some extent. God as a word is like house as a word, you may call it what you like, it is merely a pronoun of some sort. In conclusion, there are a lot of things I want to be, but defined is not even close to being one of these things.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Hyper M0derator

Alright Caleb you stay 'undefined'.....wtf?

Merely a pronoun of some sort? lol! If what your saying is the truth then 'deity' is much more appropriate. Takes away a lot of confusion on your part and is only 2 letters more!

And here's a pertinent question for you. You mentioned in an almost supercilious tone that I would be lonely at the end. Right ok...again you've mentioned your not a christian or even close. Surely you'll be just as lonely as me? Or in your strange belief do you assume there's a heaven? It is called heaven? Believing that a deity created the universe is one thing, but that there's an afterlife....where's your proof? You have no ancient texts!

The funny thing is, as I unravel your nonsense it is becoming more and more clear you have totally just made up your own bespoke deity. It's pretty pathetic Caleb! At least when christians are on their death beds they can be sure over 2billion people agree with them. You though? Perhaps your 'faith' will waver when you realise its all made up and your the only one that believes it! LOL

And the reason why you've made it up, like I said before it's because your life must suck! If the here and now was all you had to look forward to then you wouldn't manage to get out of bed in the morning?
Old 05-09-2010, 04:13 AM

Location: Time. within, and throughout. i was, i will be, there for so i am.
Send a message via Yahoo to cbluemagica
Lightbulb Re: Religion and supernatural deities

Wow. how boring. measure and sight. numbers and math. no magic? no super naturale entities? blaspheme. you talk far to freely superted. but its not your fault your brainwashed. i suggest a cold dagger through your heart on 6ftx6ft star circle would perhaps Enlighten you to higher educate your readers... if you survive the experiance ofcourse.

Last edited by cbluemagica : 05-09-2010 at 04:17 AM.