Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Default Sorry, But I Don't Buy It

A new study links ADHD to pesticides on vegetables and fruits.

Experts advise to go Organic.

The urine of the children studied had the presence of pesticides; therefore, the scientific community who did this study, has determined that these children are at a higher risk of developing ADHD because their brains are still developing.

Okay, guess that clears up the ADHD mystery.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-17-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Hyper M0derator

Default Re: Sorry, But I Don't Buy It

Link to study please :-)
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Hyper M0derator

Found it!

"These findings support the hypothesis that organophosphate exposure, at levels common among US children, may contribute to ADHD prevalence. Prospective studies are needed to establish whether this association is causal."

I don't want to take a swing at you blue but what you have done is what most people do. You read this article and your brain clicked, "Scientists say pesticides cause ADHD". Whenever the study does not state pesticides cause ADHD, just that it 'might' cause ADHD, further studies are required to see if there's a causal link and just not a random link.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
Found it!

"These findings support the hypothesis that organophosphate exposure, at levels common among US children, may contribute to ADHD prevalence. Prospective studies are needed to establish whether this association is causal."

I don't want to take a swing at you blue but what you have done is what most people do. You read this article and your brain clicked, "Scientists say pesticides cause ADHD". Whenever the study does not state pesticides cause ADHD, just that it 'might' cause ADHD, further studies are required to see if there's a causal link and just not a random link.
Exuse me ted, but you do want to take a swing at me, so just admit it instead of denying it.

Swing away, but don't hurt yourself in the process.

ADHD was linked to pesticides on vegetables and fruits and it was stated that those children who participated in the study had pesticides in their urine and were more likely to develop ADHD.

So, what was it you were saying?

Nevermind, we don't really care.

P.S. I never do what most people do.

You cannot predict that a person is more apt to acquire ADHD because they've ingested vegetables and fruits that contain pesticides unless you have proven that pesticides are the cause of ADHD just the same as you cannot develop a vaccine to prevent against the HPV virus unless you know that the females you are testing the vaccine on will develop this virus and that, my friend, is imposssible.

So, again, science is not fact and many of their studies are bogus.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-17-2010 at 10:45 PM.