Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned

Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Power in this world does not rest in the concentration of interests onto one or a few individuals.

One or few individuals is a gross understatement.

You are the person who accused the people of being complacent.

I pointed out that the people aren't complacent.

They simply do not have the power.

I never said there could be an egalitarian political system where the people have the power so why have you requested that I explain it?
OK, so if the people dont have the power, and you cant envision a system where they do have the power, then arent you conceding my point that mixed-oligarchy is the natural human condition?

That being said, I do still believe that complacency is one of the real problems. Revolutions can and do happen, and, for a time at least, do bring beneficial outcomes often. So to say that the people have no power, when a revolt of the people can bring down even the most powerful regime, seems ludicrous.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:51 PM

BP pays for everything.

Lost wages, lost tourism, cleaning up of the beaches.

Everything.

Not one penny is to come out of the American taxpayer's wallet.

Are we clear?

I thought so.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
OK, so if the people dont have the power, and you cant envision a system where they do have the power, then arent you conceding my point that mixed-oligarchy is the natural human condition?

That being said, I do still believe that complacency is one of the real problems. Revolutions can and do happen, and, for a time at least, do bring beneficial outcomes often. So to say that the people have no power, when a revolt of the people can bring down even the most powerful regime, seems ludicrous.
Who said I can't envision a system wherein the people have the power?

You?

Obviously.

Because I never said so.

You continue to suggest that which other members of this forum have not stated.

Your username, fallaciesabound, is quite befitting of yourself.

Certainly, people with power can bring about a revolt and people without power cannot.

However, as I've stated, at present, THE PEOPLE HAVE NO POWER so there will not be a revolt in the near future.

Just as they desire.

People without power equals no revolt.

You can attempt to twist my words as much as you like, FA, but it ain't happenin', pal.

Now or ever.

Oh, and BTW, Eire, please check your posts as far as your father being a rocket scientist.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-18-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Who said I can't envision a system wherein the people have the power?

You?

Obviously.

Because I never said so.

You continue to suggest that which other members of this forum have not stated.

Your username, fallaciesabound, is quite befitting of yourself.

Certainly, people with power can bring about a revolt and people without power cannot.

However, as I've stated, at present, THE PEOPLE HAVE NO POWER so there will not be a revolt in the near future.

Just as they desire.

People without power equals no revolt.

You can attempt to twist my words as much as you like, FA, but it ain't happenin', pal.

Now or ever.

Oh, and BTW, Eire, please check your posts as far as your father being a rocket scientist.
What the hell are you talking about?

So, please enlighten us as to this egalitarian system of government where the people have the power? How would that possibly work while avoiding the obvious pitfalls of a pure democracy?

As for your ideas about revolt, you are way off. The French nobility certainly had all the power, until a revolt toppled them. The same was true in the American revolution.

And I think you are confusing me with someone else again. Sorry to disappoint a crazy person.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

So, please enlighten us as to this egalitarian system of government where the people have the power? How would that possibly work while avoiding the obvious pitfalls of a pure democracy?

As for your ideas about revolt, you are way off. The French nobility certainly had all the power, until a revolt toppled them. The same was true in the American revolution.

And I think you are confusing me with someone else again. Sorry to disappoint a crazy person.
I think you should ask yourself:

"What the hell am "I" talking about?"

For some reason, you continue to attribute statement's you make as if they came out of my mouth and then expect me to expound on them.

You would be the one who is confused.

And, no, I haven't confused you with anyone.

You're EireEngineer.

You don't disappoint anyone, but yourself.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:58 PM

It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt, ( sometimes ) .

Why do some people continually try to critisize, put down and ridicule others ?

The fact that "we" are on a forum entitled "Club Conspiracy" seems to imply that "we" are of ilk mind even if "we" do not agree on certain issues.

We are all children, the only difference between young children and old children is thier vocabulary/knowledge. Some children refuse to grow up and try to prevent others from advancing and evolving. These immature children should be ignored, if "we" don't play,they will go away.

Don't attack the messenger, attack the message. If you can.

Reductio ad absurdum works for Kent Hovind and Alex Jones .
Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE DORN View Post
It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt, ( sometimes ) .

Why do some people continually try to criticize, put down and ridicule others ?

The fact that "we" are on a forum entitled "Club Conspiracy" seems to imply that "we" are of ilk mind even if "we" do not agree on certain issues.

We are all children, the only difference between young children and old children is their vocabulary/knowledge. Some children refuse to grow up and try to prevent others from advancing and evolving. These immature children should be ignored, if "we" don't play,they will go away.

Don't attack the messenger, attack the message. If you can.

Reductio ad absurdum works for Kent Hovind and Alex Jones .
I would prefer to open my mouth and be thought an idiot than to keep it shut and remove all doubt.

People who criticize, put down and ridicule others is a fact of life.

Some people criticize, put down and ridicule others because they are insecure and feel inferior.

Other times, criticism is merely nothing more than a differing of opinion.

I would disagree.

WE are not all children.

You might be, but I'm an adult.

There is really not much difference between attacking the message and/or the messenger since the message is usually delivered by the messenger.

Sometimes, as evidenced on this site, if you play with the immature children who refuse to grow up and advance, they will most probably just go away and most times, they haven't stifled you in the process.

You've stifled them.

That's why they go away.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-24-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:52 PM

Costner cleanup device gets high marks from BP - Yahoo! News

Costner cleanup device gets high marks from BP

Fri Jun 25, 5:57 pm ET

It was treated as an oddball twist in the otherwise wrenching saga of the BP oil spill when Kevin Costner stepped forward to promote a device he said could work wonders in containing the spill's damage. But as Henry Fountain explains in the New York Times, the gadget in question — an oil-separating centrifuge — marks a major breakthrough in spill cleanup technology. And BP, after trial runs with the device, is ordering 32 more of the Costner-endorsed centrifuges to aid the Gulf cleanup.

The "Waterworld" actor has invested some $20 million and spent the past 15 years in developing the centrifuges. He helped found a manufacturing company, Ocean Therapy Solutions, to advance his brother's research in spill cleanup technology. In testimony before Congress this month, Costner walked through the device's operation—explaining how it spins oil-contaminated water at a rapid speed, so as to separate out the oil and capture it in a containment tank:

The device can purportedly take in thousands of gallons of oil-tainted water and remove up to 99% of the oil from it. On Thursday, BP posted to its YouTube page a video of the news conference featuring Costner and BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles announcing the news. You can watch the video here:

"Doug Suttles was the first guy to step up in the oil industry," Costner said at the presser, "and I'm really happy to say when he ordered 32 machines, it's a signal to the world, to the industry, where we need to be."

Suttles said the additional machines will be used to build four new deep-water systems: on two barges and two 280-foot supply boats.

"We tested it in some of the toughest environments we could find, and actually what it's done — it's quite robust," Suttles said. "This is real technology with real science behind it, and it's passed all of those tests." He added that Costner's device has proved effective at processing 128,000 barrels of water a day, which "can make a real difference to our spill response efforts."

In his congressional testimony, Costner recounted his struggle to effectively market the centrifuge. He explained that although the machines are quite effective, they can still leave trace amounts of oil in the treated water that exceeds current environmental regulations. Because of that regulatory hurdle, he said, he had great difficulty getting oil industry giants interested without first having the approval of the federal government.

[Before 'Waterworld': See Kevin Costner in the '90s]

It's true, as Fountain notes in the Times, that innovation on spill technology has been hobbled in part by the reach of federal regulation — though Fountain also notes that oil companies have elected to devote comparatively little money for researching cleanup devices in the intensely competitive industry.

Costner said that after the device was patented in 1993, he sought to overcome oil-company jitters by offering to allow U.S. oil concerns to use it on a trial basis. He'd extended the same offer to the Japanese government in 1997, he said, but got no takers there either.

— Brett Michael Dykes is a national affairs writer for Yahoo! News.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-25-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:04 AM

Thank you Kevin Costner and thanks, as well, to your brother for spending 15 years and 20 million dollars of your money in developing this device.

Now, may we know the name of your brother because, as I understand it, he is the person who invented this centrifuge and he should receive credit as credit is due to him.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:51 AM

Anoxic event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia