Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 PM

Default My web host threatens to shut down my website uswgo and lies to me

At first I got a little angry at the support guy but I calmed myself and went to resolve the issue and the guy just hanged up the chat when I asked him if doing what he told me would resolve the issue.

Yes right now my web host has sent me a threat email that my website is under investigation for using their web host as storage when that is not true although I do keep a lot of the generated backup files on there but only because downloading the backup files keeps terminating and when I complain to the technical support staff about it they further cut down my download speeds to less then 200kb/s so now it will take days just to get it and by then I may lose my entire website and all my server files deleted.

This is the threat email they sent to me:

Quote:
Dear Brian Hill,

We have been monitoring your account's resource usage on the server for the past several days and would like to notify you of the following metrics. Although no action has been taken at this time, your usage is of concern to the server's integrity and reliability.

The current type of usage of your account falls against our Terms of Service and Acceptable Usage Policy. You can not use the space provided to you under our hosting accounts for storage/backup purposes. We have identified that the directories listed below contain data that is rarely accessed and fall within our storage/backup policy limitation.

At this moment, your site is comprised of 50376 megabytes with the following folders holding the data referred to above:

50376 - ./uswgo

We need your cooperation in finding a remedy. Depending on your specific case, we generally recommend one or more of the following solutions:

* Remove files from directories mentioned above
* If you have many sites hosted on one account: Split the sites throughout more accounts
* Upgrade your account to our DedicatedClass

If you do need assistance in identifying the files or removing them, please don't hesitate to respond to this email.

Please note that we employ some of the best servers in the shared web hosting industry and this notification should be treated as identification that your site(s), as they are right now, are employing resources in a way that cannot reside on a regular shared web hosting server. For your convenience, we strongly suggest that when looking away from Arvixe for web hosting that you look for solutions that are a clear upgrade to a regular shared web hosting environment if you do not plan on taking corrective measures.

Important: Please respond to this email with a course of action or a remedy within the next 24 hours or we may be forced to suspend your account.

Thank you for your attention and understanding,

Arvixe Server Operations
but at the same time I went to their order page and they say Unlimited Disk Space and Unlimited Disk Transfer and even offer you to have your own youtube clone on their web hosting for $4 a month they actually have that here, ClipBucket Web Hosting: ClipBucket Tutorials and ClipBucket Video Sharing Software Installation

Please don't judge that I got a little all caps angry at first (Only two angry lines then I apologized to the support guy and we both went to revolve the issue which we did then he lowered my speeds and left the chat when I asked if resolving the issue would revolve the investigation against my web site.) but after then I stopped it and apologized and worked with the technical support asking him what I need to do and how to resolve the issue and then after I asked if removing the backup files was going to stop the investigation against me they hung up from the chat.

This is the 2nd time my web host has threatened me to shut down my website. This is ridiculous and both times they claimed I abbused their service. One time they claimed I sent massive spam emails to a bunch of people (Violated their TOS Bulk email not allowed) but I never did that so I assumed I was hacked and changed my password (and paid them $2 extra a month for a Security certificate for my passwords) to resolve the issue and now they are threatening me again that they are investigating me for violating their TOS Again and this time it is my backup files which they really put speed caps on it then they lie to me telling me they have no speed caps for my website.

Quote:
Zee S: Hello and thank you for contacting Arvixe. How can I assist you? If at any point of this conversation, you don't receive a response from me for a prolonged period of time, it may be possible that you were disconnected. Please simply restart the chat session through our website.
Brian Hill: I am now under investigation under the assumption that my website is used for storage but that is not true. Everything I have done was to put it on my website. All the videos I have transloaded are from my youtube page because they threatened to take down my videos and so I share them under my site as a embed you can check that out
Brian Hill: you can go onto uswgo.com and see all of the videos are embeds and if a video is not it's only I haven't put it on yet
Brian Hill: Also the only reason I have many backup files stored on my web hosting account is because your download server is reliable
Brian Hill: each time I try to download the backup file it failed
Brian Hill: my account username is uswgo
Zee S: so whats the issue with I can assist you today?
Brian Hill: again what I said above is my response to the investigation against me
Zee S: We do not allow backups to be stored in hosting space
Zee S: that is just abuse of the services offered
Brian Hill: Well it's ur hosts fault the files WON'T DOWNLOAD
Brian Hill: IT IS NOT ABUSE
Brian Hill: im upset right now
Brian Hill: im sorry
Brian Hill: can you help me get the files
Zee S: how youa re downloading?
Zee S: using FTP or direct link?
Brian Hill: I am using free download manager because the speeds are slow and it takes many hours just to get the file
Zee S: is it downloading using ftp or direct download link ?
Brian Hill: well each time I download the file it fails at a certain percent
Brian Hill: and the speeds are capped really so i'm not abusing anything it is the speeds fault
Zee S: you stated that you store backups because the download server is reliable. Now you are complaining about speed
Zee S: I am sorry but I am not getting the actual issue
Brian Hill: what I am saying is I don't want downloading my backup files to be capped and let me download at full speed then they won't be stored in my account anymore.
Zee S: we do not limit the download speed on the server
Zee S: there is no restriction on download speed
Brian Hill: well then why is my backup files transfering slow and download is not resume supported so I have to keep downloading over and over again
Brian Hill: So I can't get the backup files if it keeps stopping
Brian Hill: Until that issue is resolved it's not possible to get the backup files if they fail upon download
Zee S: how large backup files are?
Brian Hill: in the GBs
Brian Hill: I was wondering if web drive is a better method of downloading the backup files and if resume is supported
Zee S: web Disk is supported in cPanel
Zee S: thats the same thing
Zee S: you can try that
Brian Hill: ok well I am going to try to download the backup files again and if it fails again multiple times I will contact again and tell customer support so the problems can be fixed
Zee S: ok
Brian Hill: so was this whole investigation over backup files?
Zee S: it was regarding over usage
Brian Hill: what do you mean by usage?
Zee S: so if you will remove backup files then atleast you will not be storing backups and other stuff thats not part of site
Brian Hill: ok so once I remove the backup files this whole issue is over am I right or wrong?
Brian Hill: and as long as everything I put on my site is on my site and not used as storage I am not breaking the rules am I right?
then after that question he left the chat intentionally and all I did was try to resolve the issue and not cuss at them and not type all caps to them and they cut me off and lowered my speed cap to almost dialup or low cost dsl speeds.

Quote:
Zee S has left the chat conversation
Click Here to Leave a Message

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Urgent Message from a soldier:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obama Healthcare incites mass murder:

Alt. H1N1 Swine/Novel Flu Killer:

Old 06-11-2010, 09:22 AM

Default Re: My web host threatens to shut down my website uswgo and lies to me

There are sites that provide a specific amount of free data backup, why not try one of those?

The best conspiracy bits and bites
from the top internet conspiracy sites.