Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2005, 03:34 PM

Default I think prof. Makow missed one facet in his latest article, and that is the militarization angle

September 6, 2005

"We have been abandoned by our own country.Bureaucracy has committed murder here in the greater New Orleans area, and bureaucracy has to stand trial." Aaron Broussard

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act". George Orwell

Neither the Mainstream media nor the alternative-Leftist web sites have told the truth about what really happened in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. For the people of the region it was the greatest natural catastrophe they'd ever faced. For the Bush administration it was just another opportunity to use fear and anarchy to advance their global agenda.

The administration intentionally withheld desperately needed aid to force Governor Kathleen Blanco into surrendering control of the National Guard and local police to federal authority. On this point there can be no doubt. This explains why neither FEMA, nor Homeland Security nor the Pentagon lifted a finger to help the distraught townspeople until almost 4 full days later. They were too preoccupied using vital supplies as bargaining chips to bribe the governor into submission. The Bush administration's goal was to dismantle regional defenses and militarize a major port city; an ambition they still have not abandoned.

The Katrina disaster provided the cover for the Pentagon to launch military operations against US citizens for the first time in modern history. This is the real story that underscores the negligence and bungling; the rest is just fluff.

The strategy that was applied to New Orleans is being used across the country to undermine local preparedness so that Rumsfeld can insert the military into domestic affairs. Within this schema, we can see how the calculated destruction of the National Guard (40% of who are overseas) works perfectly with the goals of the defense establishment and the corporate oligarchy it represents.

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m15454

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 09-06-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: I think prof. Makow missed one facet in his latest article, and that is the militarization angle

Interesting article, and I love the composite photo.
I never really thought of the military occupation angle as the underlying motivation for the New Orleans Holocaust.
Maybe as a "trial run" operation it makes some sense, but to me the real objective still seems like inciting public disapproval against the Bush regime.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: I think prof. Makow missed one facet in his latest article, and that is the militarization angle

Quote:
freeman wrote:
Interesting article, and I love the composite photo.
I never really thought of the military occupation angle as the underlying motivation for the New Orleans Holocaust.
Maybe as a "trial run" operation it makes some sense, but to me the real objective still seems like inciting public disapproval against the Bush regime.
But the underlying commentary seems to be that FEMA didn't have the neccessary funding, jurisdiction, etc. and that the separation of powers led to this fiasco.

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 09-06-2005, 07:35 PM

Quote:
The Katrina disaster provided the cover for the Pentagon to launch military operations against US citizens for the first time in modern history. This is the real story that underscores the negligence and bungling; the rest is just fluff.
I thought this was a given. Create the chaos...install a Militarized Police State.

N.O today...America tomorrow and then the world on Friday, after the Owl worship.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 PM

Thanks Thumper, looks like people don't have to wait for a police state.

But the testimony to society's own corruption is that orders to wait 4 days were followed. This is the problem with a military, they'll follow any order, even suicidal.

It looks like the flood gates have opened.