Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM

Default time

time is an illusion, it tricks you into thinking that there is a future and past.

some one once aked me " about an hour ago i went outside for a ciggarette.

If we are not moving through time, 'where' is that man who was/is outside having a ciggarette?

Is he and i the same and the the time i experience separating him and I just a measurment of movement?

Where has he gone?

Where is he now?"

i think your forgetting that you MOVED since then
it doesnt leave an old you in time...u changed since then
time is a measurement of what changed

the happening is the changes you are making
time is... measuring the change of a constant... like orbiting the sun

if there weren't two points in space, it wouldn't exist

things are going to constantly move...never ending journey through the cosmos.and with the power to understand it is the greatest gift god could give to man! "the power of comprehension" most animals dont get to have such a gift.

Einstein once said "if you sit with a girl you like for a few hours it seems like a few minutes
but if you put your hand on a hot stove for a few minutes it seems like a few hours."

i love that. it makes me think or how there are an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2 the sam 1 and 2 you measure tim with therefore time is happening as fast as you can precieve it.

dont think of it as a time line...you dont flow through time. simply...things are, and they change

Old 08-04-2011, 08:52 PM

Default Re: time

Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Truth Seeker

Wow definately food for thought. I have to admit (and it is probably the pain killers I am currently taking) but at first I was confused and thought you were rambling (my bad and for that I apologize).

HOWEVER!
Upon taking a second, blinking and re-reading it I can see the point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Club Conspiracy
Old 08-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Woo Nemesis

I wonder if they will ever find something akin to a Planck Length of time? Something like the smallest unit of time during which anything can happen. Since nothing else in the universe is really infinite, maybe?
Old 10-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Devourer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by time View Post
time is an illusion, it tricks you into thinking that there is a future and past.

some one once aked me " about an hour ago i went outside for a ciggarette.

If we are not moving through time, 'where' is that man who was/is outside having a ciggarette?

Is he and i the same and the the time i experience separating him and I just a measurment of movement?

Where has he gone?

Where is he now?"

i think your forgetting that you MOVED since then
it doesnt leave an old you in time...u changed since then
time is a measurement of what changed

the happening is the changes you are making
time is... measuring the change of a constant... like orbiting the sun

if there weren't two points in space, it wouldn't exist

things are going to constantly move...never ending journey through the cosmos.and with the power to understand it is the greatest gift god could give to man! "the power of comprehension" most animals dont get to have such a gift.

Einstein once said "if you sit with a girl you like for a few hours it seems like a few minutes
but if you put your hand on a hot stove for a few minutes it seems like a few hours."

i love that. it makes me think or how there are an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2 the sam 1 and 2 you measure tim with therefore time is happening as fast as you can precieve it.

dont think of it as a time line...you dont flow through time. simply...things are, and they change

IMO, the source of an illusion is always found in ourselves, in the limitations of our physical senses and in the way our brain is wired. Our physical body is a prison for the soul and (as above so below) the known physical universe is also a prison for Eternity and Infinity, which become Time and Space when enclosed in the physical realm.