Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 03:20 AM

Default Hollow Earth theory

Although I'm not a proponent of Hollow Earth theory, I believe it is worth mentioning the (pseudo?)scientific concept behind this theory. Many people on this forum may have heard of Hollow Earth theory but I doubt many of them can explain what this theory actually claims from a physics point of view.

Hollow Earth theory states that the earth's center of gravity is just a few hundred kilometers below us. According to this theory, the earth's gravity is the consequence of the electro-magnetic features of this center of gravity (functioning much like an electromagnetic coil spool). The center of the earth is (so they say) Hollow and people walk on oposite side of us, as they are on the other side of the center of gravity.

In the middle is a central sun. According to Hollow Earth theory, all planets originated as gas orbs (must like a star) that cooled down until the outer parts became solid. Because of centrifugional powers, there are holes at both poles allowing entry into the Hollow Earth and back.

Proponents of Hollow Earth theory consider Aurora Borealis to be caused by rays from the inner sun shining through the polar openings and affected by the electro-magnetic fields it passes through.

It is said that the origin of human culture exists within Hollow Earth. It is said that a few remaining Nazis moved to Antarctica and entered the Hollow Earth opening to rebuild their society safely. It is said that admiral Byrd once flew into one of the polar openings and wrote a report of his findings.

The major problem with this theory (except for the unconventional physics) is the fact that not a single picture, artifact or person from within Hollow Earth has surfaced. If there really were these openings, certainly at least someone would have entered Hollow Earth and taken some proof with him, right?! At least someone would have exposed that proof and put it on the Internet, right? Certainly there are a few people who claim to be organising a (very expensive) trip to inside Hollow Earth for several years, however to this day Hollow Earth theory seems nothing more than an unsubstanciated hypothesis.

Another big problem with this theory, is that is requires the complicity of NASA as well as many governments considering you don't just hide two huge holes in the earth even if they're at the coldest places. Some say the holes clearly show or were obviously photoshopped out in some of the NASA footage, however these claims are dubious to say the least.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Hollow Earth theory

Hi, I'm Doug McClure and you may know me from such films as...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Earth's_Core_(film)

Quote:
Dr. Abner Perry, a Victorian period scientist (Cushing), and his American financier David Innes (McClure) make a test run of their Iron Mole drilling machine in a Welsh mountain, but end up in a strange underground labyrinth ruled by a species of giant telepathic flying-reptiles, The Mahars, and full of prehistoric monsters and cavemen. They are captured by the Mahars, who keep primitive humans as their slaves through mind control. David falls for the beautiful slave girl Princess Dia (Munro), but when she is chosen as a sacrificial victim in the Mahar city, David must organize the humans to rebel and save her.

Mahar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Mahars are an important social group within the Indian state of Maharashtra state and surrounding states. A grouping of related endogamous castes, the Mahar are the largest scheduled caste group in Maharashtra.[1] In the early 1980s, the Mahar community was estimated to make up about 9% of the population of the state of Maharashtra.[1] . According to Mr. R.V. Russell, "the most probable meaning of Mahārāshtra would therefore seem to be ‘The country of the Mahārs.’". [2] [3]
Do I sense a racial element to this? ))

Last edited by albie : 11-06-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
Hi, I'm Doug McClure and you may know me from such films as...
I guess you mean Troy McClure
Old 11-06-2009, 04:21 AM

>>David falls for the beautiful slave girl Princess Dia (Munro), but when she is chosen as a sacrificial victim in the Mahar city

This takes on new relevance when you think about it. Sacrifice? Princess Dia(Di)?

David? David icke? ))))
Old 11-06-2009, 04:23 AM

Quote:
>>David falls for the beautiful slave girl Princess Dia (Munro), but when she is chosen as a sacrificial victim in the Mahar city

This takes on new relevance when you think about it. Sacrifice? Princess Dia(Di)?

David? David icke? ))))
Your imitation of the outer fringe is improving. Your time at "Club Conspiracy" seems to be at least worthwhile in that area.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 AM

I'd love to know how people breath underground. In that war film with the tunnel they had to pump air down. Or is that just for tunnels with farts in?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
I'd love to know how people breath underground.
Hollow Earth, as shown in the sketch, is supposed to be huge and connected to the atmophere by the polar holes. I see no reason why breathing would be an issue.

Quote:
In that war film with the tunnel they had to pump air down.
Tunnel rats?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
>>>>David falls for the beautiful slave girl Princess Dia (Munro), but when she is chosen as a sacrificial victim in the Mahar city

David? David icke? ))))
And Diana died in a SUBTERRANEAN type place. And she was a slave, of the Royals and little old ladies who bought her image in magazines.

McClure's character is called David Innes. Even more like David Icke.

I wonder if films act like massive magic spells that end up coming true.
Quote:

Your imitation of the outer fringe is improving. Your time at "Club Conspiracy" seems to be at least worthwhile in that area.
I started out a conspiracy nut. Always was into weird stuff. When I saw the twin towers go down I knew it was dodgy. But then I found the debunkers and they have good arguments. The truth won't be discovered by nuts or debunkers. If there is a truth. I'm aware that reality is not firm and that something is going on. But the trash most nuts dispense is damaging not liberating. It's not the stuff they give out so much as the belief they have in it WITHOUT QUESTION.

Be unsure and you will win minds, I say. People are completely turned off by zeal.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
Hollow Earth, as shown in the sketch, is supposed to be huge and connected to the atmophere by the polar holes. I see no reason why breathing would be an issue.

Tunnel rats?
Maybe it was Charles Bronson's home brand mustard gas that filled that escape tunnel. But we are talking about DEEP underground. It seems the deep air is denser. Perhaps that is conducive to brain growth etc. Coming upstairs would probably feel like hell, if you lived underground for long enough. THAT'S why the reptiles drink blood! To get more blood cells.

sounds like bullshit, but then It was of my making.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
I started out a conspiracy nut.
I actually started out as the kind of people who call themselves "sceptics", but graduately learned to be just as sceptical about mainstream information as one should be about fringe conspiracy theories like David Icke's.

Quote:
Always was into weird stuff.
Natural and healthy curiosity, I guess.

Quote:
When I saw the twin towers go down I knew it was dodgy. But then I found the debunkers and they have good arguments.
Your gut feeling was right. You just stumbled on people well enough trained at providing disinformation to make you believe they actually have a point.

Quote:
The truth won't be discovered by nuts or debunkers. If there is a truth. I'm aware that reality is not firm and that something is going on.
In eg. physics or history a statement can be either true, false or a matter of interpretation. The way to find out what things are really like, is by filtering all information you receive and attempting to put it in either category judging by the evidence. In some cases, this may force you to change an entire theoretical construct because a few tiny elements thereof are blatantly false.

Quote:
But the trash most nuts dispense is damaging not liberating. It's not the stuff they give out so much as the belief they have in it WITHOUT QUESTION.
True. However, this attitude is common among both "conspiracy nuts" and "debunkers". An open mind is a very rare thing and neither the majority of "conspiracy nuts" nor the majority of "debunkers" are blessed with it in large numbers. The narrowmindedness and prejudice of "debunkers" tends to be even more disturbing since their finding support in mainstream academia on most issues make them feel superior and childish. Thusfar you appeared to be just another one of those douchebags, however your attempt to give an honest and serious explanation of where you're coming from makes me want to give you the benefit of the doubt

Quote:
Be unsure and you will win minds, I say. People are completely turned off by zeal.
It depends on how convincing your arguments are. If you can counter every argument they have, they just might start thinking for themselves. I don't see the benefit of expressing doubt, as this implies you just don't know what you're talking about