Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: anti-conspiracy ppl who can rationalize anything: what's the craziest you've heard?

Quote:
this wrote:
I find this a really important topic. Sort of - Identify the psychosis. As Freeman says you can't help those who don't want to be helped, and as BA says it is denial. Coming from fear.

The phrase "I can't believe.." comes up a lot.

"If ______ was the case, that would mean ____, and I CAN'T BELIEVE that's really going on"

As if a person's belief projects forward a reality that allows their world to survive. Is this like a child who closes his eyes so nobody can see him?
LOL

My favorite non-sequitor is, "if this was true, there would be no way to hide it."

Me: "Just look at the all the evidence of 9/11 and foreknowledge."

Critic: "Well people who were trying to run the world would never be THAT stupid to drop clues like that, therefore it CAN'T be true."

back to square one!!!

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 09-09-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: anti-conspiracy ppl who can rationalize anything: what's the craziest you've heard?

I hear this one all the time: "How dare you criticize the war in Iraq you unpatriotic sack of shit! Don't you know our soldiers are fighting for your freedom?" :-P
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 09-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Here's another one from the pastor at the corporate/State church I attend: "May God condemn those who slander our President." Fuckin jackass. :-P
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:29 PM

Best for me is I had flat out convinced someone that WTC 7 was brought down by explosives but they insist that it was for good reasons despite the claim that it was fire and the massive FEMA investigation and that it had to of been pre-wired. Yep- all this but no, our government isn't corrupt. ??? I was stunned.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:32 PM

Ya know, even if you were to give them a swift kick to the family jewels or a punch in the nose, they still wouldn't understand. They would just fight back. It happened to me before. :-P
Old 09-09-2005, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Max wrote:
Best for me is I had flat out convinced someone that WTC 7 was brought down by explosives but they insist that it was for good reasons despite the claim that it was fire and the massive FEMA investigation and that it had to of been pre-wired. Yep- all this but no, our government isn't corrupt. ??? I was stunned.
What 'good reason' is there to bring down a building and then lying about it later????

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 09-09-2005, 06:42 PM

Another good one is that woman-I forget her name-Bush used to counter Cindy Sheehan. She was all over neocon talk radio and said somethin' along the lines of that she's proud of her two kids in Iraq fighting for our freedom and that if they came home in caskets, she would continue to believe they died honorably building democracy in Iraq.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Let's not forget semantic panic!

Here is someone who wants to dispute the gun confiscation operation going on, the mod no less, and arguing/contradicting himself with the eloquence of drunk swallowing his own puke.

==============

Yes. Let's try this again.

As I said in my previous post, I understand that the article says that police have started confiscating guns.

What it does not say is that "in middle-class neighborhoods undamaged by floodwaters paramilitary police are going door-to-door demanding citizens’ firearms."

Do you honestly not see the difference?

http://www.iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=136707

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 09-10-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Let's not forget semantic panic!

Quote:
What it does not say is that "in middle-class neighborhoods undamaged by floodwaters paramilitary police are going door-to-door demanding citizens’ firearms."

Do you honestly not see the difference?
Yeah, I've already had people tell me that it was okay because there is no electricity, water or sewerage, so those people must be removed "for their own good".
Then when you ask them why it has been okay to occupy Iraq under the same conditons for two years while we "give them deomcracy", they just look flustered and turn away.