Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Local chapters > Oceania
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2005, 02:07 AM

Default PM outlines tougher anti-terrorism laws

Tracking devices to be introduced. See link below:

ABC News

Old 09-08-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: PM outlines tougher anti-terrorism laws

Just how ridiculous is this?

This is a perfect example of why the ENTIRE war on terror is a FRAUD.

There are currently perfectly good laws that deal with the issues raised.

For instance, if I threaten to kill the Primeminister or anyone else, I can be charged with "threatening to kill". A serious charge.

There are 3000 ASIO field agents in this country and hundreds of Federal Police. If an individual is suspected of engaging in "terrorist activities"...they can be legally surveilled and evidence brought against them in a court of law.

It's quite simple really.

Instead, we get the useless and totally incompetent fools in the F.P and ASIO pulling off stunts like ringing the media to film them "breaking up a terrorist cell"...which resulted in...nothing. Because there was no terrorist cell. Just little Empire builders in the beauracracy desperate for publicity to maintain their budgets and mortgage repayments.

What a joke on the Australian people. But like the fools they are...they fall for it.

Australians LOVE to bag the Yanks as dumb and stupid. They might want to look in the mirror.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:13 AM

Australians aren't prone to challenging their government. A combination of not caring, and a history of blind allegiance. At least that's what I've found with them. It's the culture. If it's important enough to require righting, Ray Martin will jump on his television high horse and something usually gets retracted. The public is generally not consulted, and they don't really want the hassles. It's a young nation and without a strong history of self determination. Kind of like a big island of nice enough children.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Nexuseuss wrote:
Australians aren't prone to challenging their government. A combination of not caring, and a history of blind allegiance. At least that's what I've found with them. It's the culture. If it's important enough to require righting, Ray Martin will jump on his television high horse and something usually gets retracted. The public is generally not consulted, and they don't really want the hassles. It's a young nation and without a strong history of self determination. Kind of like a big island of nice enough children.
Know exactly what you mean :-o
Old 09-10-2005, 01:42 AM

We're both probably not Aussies then. lol

I remember the Kiwi whom installed my Telstra line about 10 years ago. He'd been living in Oz for almost 8 years, and myself about 2 weeks.

He asked what I thought of the region and such. Didn't really have a lot to say. But he did. heh

Like a burst dam he was. Though in a nutshell, he was particularly concerned about warning me of all the pitfalls of the culture (which I thought was rather harsh, him robbing me of the experiences )

Let's just say the man was nearly dead on. And probably went back years ago. He liked the people, but not the system and apathy. Which by default means that the people don't have a whole lot of input.

Personally, I like the legislative kneejerks for simple things like guard rails, and sea shells, and for residents whom want to permanently leave the nation, but not without their mandatory superannuation funds that only Canberra can draw out in their 30's anymore. And protests...love them too. Protests for biscuits, beer strikes, teacher strikes, nurse strikes, all on the most opportune day of their years.

And when being approached by police officers for no reason at all, I like knowing that I am powerless to question their motive and recieve a reason. Being herded into Booze and Drug Bus corrals like guilty sheep is always a soul enriching experience also. And the taxes... when the hidden tariffs, fines, and fees are added to income tax, half your money mysteriously disappears. And that's before you hit the 50,000 threshold when 47 or what odd rate legitimately becomes half your income.

All in all, I love the place.. lol (well, friends-family-hobbies, etc, I do)

And we have beaches! And Neighbours, and pre mix liquor in a can. 8-)
Old 09-10-2005, 03:17 AM

Being an Aussie, but having open eyes is a PITA.

Workmates discuss Australia Card, and Anti-Terrorism laws, and the need for "something to be done". When I ask how these measures are likely to achieve anything, the response is "well come up with something better"... or "If you've got nothing to hide, then there's no problem".

I complain that I am required by law to allow a Police officer into my house to inspect my firearms, and storage systems WITHOUT a warrant, and anything else that they see they can act on, I get a similar response "Port Arthur", "Got to do something", "nothing to hide, then nothing to worry about".
Old 09-13-2005, 02:14 PM

I've come across that too, Shannow.

"Nothing to hide, then there isn't a problem, mate"

Instead of having a healthy fear of institution, many Australians prefer to distrust each other. I've discussed this till I've been in blue in the face, but it always seems to come down to "the end justifies the means" for them.

It's the culture, not the people. It's like viewing the cup half empty instead of full... or Tall Poppy Syndrome squared.

Dunno what one can do but live your own life the way you see fit, and ignore the rest. It's just increasingly difficult to do so when you know that every day, your numerous fellow residents in a general consensus consider you uncivilized/barbaric/inhumane/uncultured and actively add to authority's powers to prevent you from living according to your conscience, instead of theirs.

Like tonight, there was a spot on the evening news about a Magpie at a Gippsland nature preserve which has repeatedly dive bombed visitors and had a go at their heads. Two women who had been "attacked" were interviewed, and mentioned the fear and suffering they've experienced. Apparently from what I could gather, the magpie was to be neutured according to the swift action of the state government, after being humanely trapped with a stooge female magpie in a box.

(call me barbaric, but a slingshot, 4/10, or a tennis racket would have done the trick. That's totally aside from the fact that Magpies are territorial, it IS a nature preserve, and if these people are traumatized over a bird doing his bird thing, the world is truly coming to a pathetic end).
Old 09-13-2005, 07:51 PM

I'm an Aussie but have been living overseas for a few years. I've been watching the same BS going down with a lot of interest. I'm pretty disgusted with all the police state laws and proposed laws, and with that American guy being held as a "national security risk." What's happening to freedom of speech???

On the whole, I think you guys are right about Aussies being apathetic about the whole thing. And it makes me cringe when people go on about the nothing to hide crap. If they do indeed have nothing to hide, then they should be quite happy about anyone asking them deeply personal questions. This is the kind of attitude that paves the way for a national ID card and database system along the lines of the tyrannical screw-up Bliar's mob are planning. I had a letter published in Melbourne's Age a couple of months back warning about the dangers of such a system, but very little came of it, though I did have some positive comments from family and friends.

But it takes more than just a few nice comments to effect positive change and prevent Australia, and any other country for that matter, from slipping into the ever-tightening grip of the NWO.

We've just had a general election (erection?) here in Japan last weekend, with the Paddle Pop Lion Junichiro Koizumi getting back in a landslide. He was able to purge most of his opponents from his own party and has enough of a majority to override the upper house in any attempts to change the national constitution. Being one of Bush's pals in the war on commonsense, it will be woth watching very closely what he does. Koizumi got in because a large block of undecided urban voters liked his style and image, but didn't look to deeply into the man himself, who appears to be somewhat in the globalists' pocket. My blog entry http://soapbox.at.webry.info/200509/article_2.html
goes into a bit more background.

One point that concerns me is that in the next couple of years, probably 2007, the government will roll out new ID cards for foreigners, containing biometric data, name and address printed on the card and a few other things. To fight terror, of course. This after foreigners, mainly lifelong Koreans who cannot get Japanese citizenship, fought for many years to stop the government from fingerprinting every foreigner in Japan, regardless of whether they were born there.

My theory is that the govt is merely testing the system on foreigners before introducing a national ID scheme like the UK's. The Japanese in general are more apathetic sheep even than Aussies and Americans, so it shouldn't be too hard to foist such a system on them. And it won't even matter if the system doesn't work; the image of control is what's important. :-o
Old 09-13-2005, 08:20 PM

Politics, politics, politics...what are you lot? A bunch of bloody fairy poofta's?

Get a load of the tit's on that! Fawkin oath mate! How bout Warnie? Givin to those Pommie sheila's? The cricket! Oh the cricket! Carn the Eagles! Drunk some serious piss last night. Fuckin surfs up!

There, thats better.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 PM

It amazes me the "anti-authority" myth Aussies love to believe they embody.

Convict stock is right.

I still say Australians will refuse the National I.D card. There is some backlash against the new anti-terror laws.

They are ridiculous in the extreme.