Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > New World Order > Other NWO topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Which Came First: The Chicken or The Egg?

Mithra paganism has the following in common with the Jesus Christ of today's churches:

* Mithra was born on December 25th. Although Jesus was born in October, the churches today Celebrate Mithra's birthday being conned into believing it was Jesus' birthday.

* Mithra’s birth was witnessed by shepherds and by Magi (wisemen) who brought gifts to his sacred birth-cave of the Rock (to mock the wisemen who would bring gifts to Jesus).

* He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.

* He had 12 companions or disciples (although in Mithraism this was represented by the 12 astrological signs).

* He performed miracles.

* He was buried in a tomb.

* After three days he rose again (of course no one witnessed this).

* His resurrection was celebrated every year (although he was never a real person).

* Mithra was called "the Good Shepherd."

* He was considered "the Way, the Truth and the Light, the Redeemer, the Savior, the Messiah."

* He was identified with both the Lion and the Lamb.

* His sacred day was Sunday, "the Lord's Day," hundreds of years before the appearance of Christ.

* Mithra had his principal festival on what was later to become Easter, at which time he was resurrected.

* His religion had a Eucharist or "Lord's Supper."

* Mithra performed the usual assortment of miracles: raising the dead, healing the sick, making the blind see and the lame walk, casting out devils. As a Peter (son of Petra) he carried keys to the kingdom of heaven. (3)

* His triumph and ascension to heaven were celebrated at the spring equinox (Easter), when the sun rises toward its apogee.

In all to the Babylonians (Romans), Mithra became the god of light and truth, the god of mediation between god and man. He was to his worshippers;

* The creator of life.

* Mediator between man and the higher gods.

* God of light.

* All-seeing one.

* Guardian of oaths (covenants).

* Protector of the righteous in this world and also in the next.

From the article <a href="http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/sherry/churches.html">Where The Churches Went Wrong: The Deception of the Ages</a>

Old 09-29-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Which Came First: The Chicken or The Egg?

Ask Noah :lol:
Old 09-29-2005, 09:56 AM

Draken, Mithra or Jesus, what difference does it make?
Does it change the message of Christ, make it any less truthful or vital or timeless?
Even if we play devil's advocate (no pun intended) and indulge all of these pagan and Gnostic assaults on Christianity, what really changes?
Are the historical legends, personal habits, genealogy tables the most important barometers of faith, or is it the core values derived from religious experience?
Does any of this make Jesus any less righteous or the New World Order any less evil?
This is the same circumlocutory path that Kaminski tries to follow in his assumption that all religion is flawed and the root cause of the problem.
Let's clarify someting right now: When Jesus said that he was the way, the truth and the light and that no one comes to the father except through him, he was referring to his teachings, values, the principles which he espoused while he was here on earth.Not a physical entity.
If you can produce me a documented paperwork trail that proves that Jesus was actually one of Icke's shapechanging lizards, it still doesn't diminish his message one iota.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:02 AM

The difference between Mithra and Jesus is that Mithra never existed and Jesus is a historical, real person, witnessed by thousands. A person who changed the world because he was real. People faced death because of Him, because they knew He was not a fable. There is more evidence that He existed than there is that Julius Caesar existed.

I am VERY suspect of texts that say that such and such god from the antiquity had this or that characteristic. Most of it is BS. Where did you get this ? What source ?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:07 AM

This is EXACLTY my point, freeman!

Contrary to Kaminski, my opinion is all religions are not flawed but THE SOLUTION of the problem.

Quote:
"When Jesus said that he was the way, the truth and the light and that no one comes to the father except through him, he was referring to his teachings, values, the principles which he espoused while he was here on earth"
This is soo my point, but you know some people would jump at your throat for subjectively interpreting what Jesus said.

I rest my case.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:07 AM

Sat, the link to the source is right there in my post. It's from the Watcher Files. It's got probably a lot of crap on there, like aliens, UFO's etc., all ready-made so that you can dismiss it.;-)

It's not the first time I read about similarities between different religious beliefs, and in particularly Mithra and Jesus.

It's like freeman said, what's the difference? It doesn't change Jesus' message, but it doesn't change Mithras' teachings either.