Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > The Archives > North America
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Checkpoints...

Just wondering what they will USE as their reasoning for CHECKPOINTS.

Old 09-24-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Checkpoints...

The police setup checkpoints in my county on many weekends, they are placed on secondary highways. I've never seen one since I don't drive on highways and it's a big county but there are commercials for them on the radio telling us how much the goverment cares for us so they will be checking for drunk drivers by pulling everyone over and doing a search. The commercial was on the oldies radio station and I'm sure it was on others too.

If I ever do happen to run into one hopefully I'll be able to spot it before I get too close and then turn around. Maybe I'll put up a sign warning other drivers to take a detour...

As for the real heavy handed military type check points like in Iraq, well we don't have those yet.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:10 AM

They are planning these in Oz.

Do NOT turn around. Keep calm and when they pull you over simply ask what the problem is.

If they say..."we are conducting car searches looking for evidence of terrorist activity"...or whatever, simply say..."Do you suspect I have committed a crime or may be on my way to commit a crime?"...when they answer "No"...simply say, "well, i'll be on my way then, have a nice day".

Preferably get them on tape. I have a tape set up ready to place in my car when I get one. I am going to get them on tape and cause a hullabaloo.

Unless Martial Law has been declared the U.S Constitution or indeed just about ANY Western Constitution dictates that Police must have "reasonable" suspicion of illegal activity.

If they go further and state that they are suspicious and within their rights...tell them to write their NAME, BADGE NUMBER, DATE & TIME OF DAY, REASON FOR SEARCH on a peice of paper.

I have nothing against the average copper who has to do these details, they hate them. But you must let the coppers know that if they are going to make your day hard then you are going to make their day hard.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:26 AM

Quote:
If they go further and state that they are suspicious and within their rights...tell them to write their NAME, BADGE NUMBER, DATE & TIME OF DAY, REASON FOR SEARCH on a peice of paper.
And when you get hit in the mouth with a nightstick, be sure to save some of the blood and teeth as evidence. 8-)
Old 09-24-2005, 03:08 PM

truebeliever,
as a licenced law abiding firearm owner, roadside encounters with the constabulary (typically not RBT) are a joy. For expediency, my details are recorded on the same database as convicted peadophiles.

When they radio through the rego plate, they get a response "may be armed", twice they've come towards the car holsters unclipped, and asked if they can search the vehicle ( I declined both cases), and both times got booked for a speeding offence that I didn't commit.

My father had an interesting stand-off on the way home from the squash courts one evening. His wallet was in the boot of his car, and the oriface (I mean officer) was demanding to see I.D., and wanting it now, but wouldn't let him open the boot of the car.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:05 PM

the propaganda is all over TV and radio about sobriety checkpoints and seatbelt laws. I really get tired of hearing "Click it or Ticket" campaign.
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 09-24-2005, 09:09 PM

Quote:
the propaganda is all over TV and radio about sobriety checkpoints and seatbelt laws. I really get tired of hearing "Click it or Ticket" campaign.
...And yet the motorcylce lobby has been able to get helmet laws repealed in many states.
Explanation? The useufulness of the biker gangs to the underground Illuminati agenda? :-?