Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 AM

Default big ciggarrette cover up

all of a suden tyhe gov of connecticut deems smoking is bad and decides to raise the price of buying smokes every tiimee somone dies from smoking.. people die from drinking to.. like liver malfunction due to drinking.. like they care.. when what they realy think is that smokers can be used as a nother way to get tax dollars. ciggarrettes are now 10 dollars a pack.. and more in some places. if half the usa smokes. the tobaco company pays tax. after we pay the tobaco company by buying smokes. aand every time somone dies. the price and tax goes up. f---ing blood suckers are geting tax money gained by somone dieing. and using smokers habit of smoking which is hard to brake.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Hyper M0derator

Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

If you can't afford to pay tobacco products kerry then maybe that's a good thing. Not only will it save your life/improve your health, it will also save the government/tax payers money through healthcare.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 PM

but thats forceable servatude
why dont they do that with boos it would cut drunking driving in half and save as much lives
they value there boos at night when there home thats why
Old 05-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
If you can't afford to pay tobacco products kerry then maybe that's a good thing. Not only will it save your life/improve your health, it will also save the government/tax payers money through healthcare.
OMG. It is nothing more than a deliberate money grab from those who can least afford it.
Cigarettes will kill you, in how long? 50 years? You eat too many tomatoes, excessively in a lifetime, and I guarantee it will kill you. Anything in excess is not healthy. But who the f* am I to stop you, or tax you, for eating too many tomatoes?

Let's put it like this. You are NOT allowed to buy or grow your own fresh tomatoes, you MUST buy CANNED tomatoes, with all the deadly preservatives and chemicals instilled in it.

The history of smoking tobacco goes back 5000 years. All of a sudden its bad. No, anything in excess is bad. And instead of forbidding tobacco companies to include over 1000000 additives (current), they give them reason to instill MORE of these chemicals to ensure people find it even harder to quit. That is a conspiracy. Government involved.

They are planning to produce packets without advertising. This is to save the tobacco companies MILLIONS of dollars in printing costs. What a joke.

I like what the late Bill Hicks said....

'If I can't smoke and relieve my stress, it'll be more than second hand smoke you'll have to worry about,
It'll be second hand bullets'.

The price increase will ultimately increase crime rates, as people having a ciggarette, shop owners, etc, will face others, with no money, desperate enough to rob them. Violently if need be. And it is already happening.

Tobacco DOES relieve stress, awakens the mind to free thinking, and is ultimately the latest natural, god given right, to fall under the fascist ideologies of the modern dictatored world.

ANYONE who applauds the dissolvement of freedoms of another, deserves no freedoms of their own.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Hyper M0derator

Hmmm....I've got a feeling your trying to annoy me ihimself...

First, I'll address kerry. Alcohol in moderation has no health risks, and in fact in the over 40s 2 units a day can actually have health benefits. Whereas tobacco has absolutely none, and it doesn't take many to do serious damage to your body. Of course people abuse alcohol and it kills thousands a year but that shouldn't take away from the majoirty that use it responsibly.

"But who the f* am I to stop you, or tax you, for eating too many tomatoes?"
Well ihimself, your analogy doesn't hold up as tomatoes in moderate are fine, whereas tobacco in moderation is still a health risk. That's the difference! Here in the UK I don't give a rat's ass if you wanna smoke yourself into an early grave, be my guest! BUT I do not think it's fair that my hard earned tax money should be spent on you while your dying slowly in hospital. You choose to smoke, peer pressure or whatever pressure, it was still your final decision. I was pressured into smoking in my teenage years but I didn't.

So while your wasting my tax money on expensive surgery, drugs, etc there are other really unfortunate people out there, like little kids with congenital disease that didn't choose to die, that don't get the best drugs or enough of the doctor's time just because, "I want to smoke to relieve my stress and awaken the mind.....blah...blah....blah"

"The price increase will ultimately increase crime rates, as people having a ciggarette, shop owners, etc, will face others, with no money, desperate enough to rob them. Violently if need be. And it is already happening."

That's just hilarious!

Last edited by superted : 05-16-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:10 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Hmmm....I've got a feeling your trying to annoy me ihimself...
Your tax dollars is not spent on smokers dying slowly. What a lame media driven excuse to support the new tax hike that isn't affecting anyone but those who can least afford it.

The healthiest of people, who never smoked, have dropped on the floor dead from a heart attack. Or rushed to hospital wasting your tax dollars. If they were smokers, it would have been attributed to their heart failure. The statistics are an absolute farce.

Again, anything in excess will kill you. But I don't care what people do in excess, it is their choice.

The analogy of the tomato was to point out that you are forbidden, by law, to buy or grow fresh tobacco, you MUST, by LAW, buy packaged tobacco, DRAINED in over 1000000 chemicals specifically designed to destroy any ambition to quit or any reduction in use. The government does NOT care for your health. Claiming to care, without banning or prohibiting these companies from using these chemicals, is ridiculous, if not down right insulting.

It's money money money....and, if anything, the government has given these companies more reason, more license, to add more chemicals, or increase the dosages, to ensure they do not lose out on consumers. THAT is a conspiracy.

Everywhere you go...don't smoke...no smoking...smoking prohibited. It's all subliminal advertising. And damn it works well.

And as for the increase in crime....don't be a tool. Of course thy're gonna rob more people more stores for it. You must live a cushy life. If they can't have ciggy's, let them smoke cake!

Last edited by iHIMself™ : 05-17-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Hyper M0derator

"But I don't care what people do in excess, it is their choice."

Don't you have any morals? I believe you can do whatever you want, legal or otherwise, so long as it doesn't impinge on other peoples lives but doing something to excess that has an impact on others is just plain selfish!

Like I said before, treating sick and dying people from smoking takes valuable resources from others that did not choose to kill themselves. Although off topic, I want to ask you a non tobacco question, but related to your above quoted statement. What do you think of an alcoholic drinking themselves to the point of liver cirrhosis, and now need a liver transplant to survive, they get the same priority as some poor kid that contracted Hep C from a blood transfusion through no fault of their own - do you think that is fair ihimself? Or is it selfish? There's only one liver - who gets it?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
"But I don't care what people do in excess, it is their choice."

Don't you have any morals? I believe you can do whatever you want, legal or otherwise, so long as it doesn't impinge on other peoples lives but doing something to excess that has an impact on others is just plain selfish!

Like I said before, treating sick and dying people from smoking takes valuable resources from others that did not choose to kill themselves. Although off topic, I want to ask you a non tobacco question, but related to your above quoted statement. What do you think of an alcoholic drinking themselves to the point of liver cirrhosis, and now need a liver transplant to survive, they get the same priority as some poor kid that contracted Hep C from a blood transfusion through no fault of their own - do you think that is fair ihimself? Or is it selfish? There's only one liver - who gets it?
Health care is health care.

Doesn't depend on fairness.

It is about caring for the health of others.

Thus, the term heath care.

Receiving a transplant does not depend upon the circumstances, ted.

IT depends upon the severity.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Hyper M0derator

Answer my question blue angel, this happened at my hospital just 4 months ago so its a real situation.

Are you so unbelievably selfish like ihimself, that you would happily stuff your face, drink yourself into a stupor, and smoke like a train. When it comes to your medical costs and medical time, because your lungs are shot, your liver is shot, you have cancer and as your morbidly obese it takes 3 times the amount of staff and 3 more surgeons (paid handsomely) to operate on your fat ass to save your worthless life and that would cost 100,000s

While at the same time there's a ward full of children with leukaemia that need treatment that costs too much, they will die early because the government doesn't have the money to pay for the best meds around.

If you think that's ok, you need your head examined!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Are you so unbelievably selfish like ihimself
ahem....why am I so selfish? I haven't even answered your question yet. And not just selfish...unbelievably selfish. jeez.

I WAS going to say it was a GOOD question, but now I will say....

There is no good or bad....there just is.

Anyway...........
To be honest? I think it falls in the same category as those who get away with murder by pleading insanity.

No, I don't think kids with leukemia should be on a waiting list, to save a poor old drunkard from dying a death he so blatantly brought upon himself. But I doubt it is that simple. Who decides he has drunk himself to that point? I'm sure there are cases way beyond reasonable doubt, but most cases would cast a lot of doubt. Who decides? And I'm sure, as with pleas of insanity, and a whole range of just causes, that lawyers here have run rampant within our so called justice system, lie the questions....what lead them to drink so excessively? Was it a choice? Compulsion? Uncontrollable? Again, I doubt it's that simple.

And giving a child with leukemia a new kidney, does not guarantee anything for that child.

It is the same as asking a mother to let go, destroy her unborn child that is to develop polio, or cerebral palsy, to save our ailing health system, or someone who deserves it more. Don't you think that is quite selfish? I'm sure Hitler had such plans. Others deciding who was worth saving and who wasn't.

But let's not forget we are talking about smoking a dried plant for christs sake. With medical benefits. Prolonged for 50 years. And as I said earlier, the statistics are a farce. Cancer is a prime example of how far this tobacco rubbish has gone. NOTHING causes cancer, because we are ALL BORN with it.
There are so many KNOWN attributions to its growth within the body. You standing in front of the computer right now, surrounding yourself with high volumes of radiation, for example.
And instead of pegging back our reliance on electricity, we increase our necessity, developing third world countries to produce more, destroying the very fabric of existence and life on this planet.

Yet you choose to fight the tobacco smokers. Passionately. It's just craziness.

Hell, eating too much chocolate will undoubtedly kill you much sooner. Or Mcdonalds?? Let's tax the crap out of Mcdonalds, and prevent any healthcare to these people who are KNOWINGLY destroying themselves.

Again, it's just craziness, and I'm dissappointed in you superted. I'm not here to annoy you, don't flatter yourself. I'm just here to speak my mind. That is all. Whether I'm always right and never wrong does not matter.

What DOES matter is my freedom to speak it. I feel as things are going, even speaking my mind is going to be illegal. It has been before.

What I think, is not always what I do.......

If it was......

I'd be left with no imagination.

Last edited by iHIMself™ : 05-18-2010 at 09:42 AM.