Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2004, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Christianity

Daniel I agree with yourview on christianity , I dont need it to have a moral point of view, going with the laws of nature and common sense is fine for me. I dont try to hurt other people and when i do something wrong or stupid i blame myself not satan. My brother who reads the bible says there is a verse where jesus tells the apostles not to bring the word to the gentile nations because they will ruin it . Does anybody know about this.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:23 AM

Your brother is wrong, Jesus expresly says the opposite, to go out into the world and preach what his word. It says that he came first to the jews and then to the rest of the world. The whole new testament is about going to the nations taking the word to all.

Pleas read the book before you condem it

Old 12-07-2004, 02:25 PM

55132 Here it is matthew 10,5 These twelve jesus sent out with the following instructions, Do not take the road to gentile lands, and do not enter any Samaritan town; but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. How did you miss it you sound like a bible scholar. YOUR WRONG PLEASE READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU CONDEM ME CHRISTIAN.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:42 PM

Numbers,

Your quite full of yourself aren't you.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:52 PM

this is a sounding board for "what I think" ? great - I've been looking for a place to vent for quite awhile .
Old 12-07-2004, 03:09 PM

evergreen

does it also say "and ye shall be my witnesses to jerusalem , and judea , and samaria , and to the uttermost parts of the earth ."(acts 1.8)you can't take a verse out and say "this is what the bible says"if you don't have a good knowledge of the WHOLE book . Jesus was telling a particular group of people something for that particular point in time .

lets not get nasty in here . everyone , by their mere presence here , is most likely a seeker of truth , having been lied to our whole lives (by our beloved government).lets at least be civil in our discussions (not like some mean-spirited liberals ).
Old 12-07-2004, 03:15 PM

In defense of numbers and the word of God,
The disciples were following strict orders from Jesus who was following strict orders from God.
The gospel had to FIRST be preached to the Jews
Matthew 10:5-10 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
When Jesus knew his death was at hand he prepared his disciples to preach to Gentiles as well.
Luke 22:35-36 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
After his death and ressurection they were given NEW orders.
Mark 16:14-16 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:28 PM

citing one text out of many is what get people in trouble. The bible is a narrative not a collection of pfrases.

The only way is to read it? What are you afraid of?

Read the bible it will make you free.

Old 12-07-2004, 05:35 PM

55132 telling me im wrong about something that is in the bible and then me having to find it shows you only want to believe your tidy little story.I am reading the bible to bad if i find things in there that you wish werent.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:24 PM

Welcome billiard and evergreen.. you guys sound fiesty... Good on you guys.