Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Local chapters > Oceania
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2005, 11:26 PM

Default We were warned, says Aussie in Bali

An Australian man says a friend who has lived in Bali for more than a decade warned him not to visit the island's popular Kuta area ahead of a string of deadly bomb blasts.

At least 25 people were killed and scores injured when bombs exploded in Kuta and Jimbaran last night.

Advertising executive Mick Colliss, who was visiting Bali for a rugby tournament, said he was told by a friend from his rugby club who now lives in Bali to avoid the crowded tourist area.

"One of the guys who is involved with the rugby club ... is now living up in Bali," Mr Colliss said from Denpasar.

"He's been here about 10 or 12 years and as a local he kind of knows the people to know.

"We got up here on the Wednesday and on the Thursday he said to us they had found some detonators around the place and then he said that some of his contacts he had - he called them sort of the Bali mafia - they had warned him.

"They said, 'look, with the guys coming up, if you are white, don't come into town on the Saturday night'.

"We just thought well, we didn't need to be told twice."

Mr Colliss said he and his friends obeyed the warning and stayed at their hotel.

"We were in the pool having a quiet Bintang [beer] and we said to each other ... what this guy, our mate, said about not going out on the Saturday night and then we went up to our rooms and we heard that the bombs had actually gone off," he said.

"So it was quite freakish that those warnings are out."

Officials have warned Australians against travelling to Indonesia for months but Foreign Minister Alexander Downer says there were no indications that this attack was imminent.

"This has come as a complete surprise to us but of course we have more general warnings from time to time," he said, adding there had been greater expectation for an attack to occur in Jakarta than Bali.

-AFP

Link To ABC Article

Old 10-01-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: We were warned, says Aussie in Bali

Quote:
"This has come as a complete surprise to us but of course we have more general warnings from time to time," he said, adding there had been greater expectation for an attack to occur in Jakarta than Bali.
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Yeh, this is how I hear stuff. It's amazing that people on the street know "it"...but the stupid coppers never do.

What a joke! Billion of dollars later and the stupid sops cant compete with an
'Oz ex-pat and a can of Bintang". Pathetic! Take away their toys and paddle their arses and send them back to booking people for j-walking. Tossers one and all.

Ya listening F.P forum watcher! You are a PATHETIC bunch of saps and a disgrace to your country!

If i paid tax i'd complain about it being wasted on you saps and your stupid Christmas parties!

I'm going to have late lunch! No doubt i'll garner more intelligence from the local "souvlaki" ethnic cook than you lot can muster with your high tech crapola.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Three Australians dead, Bali hospital says

Story Link
Old 10-02-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Three Australians dead, Bali hospital says

Quote:
"It appears that there has been less chemical used in the bombs and the deaths have been caused by shrapnel, so in that sense it's not exactly the same as the bombing of the nightclubs in Bali that happened on the October evening back in 2002," he said.
No, there was nowhere to bury the nuke.

I worked with Prof. Fiona Stanley (burns doctor) briefly in St John Of God Hospital, Subiaco.

I was hoping to put some questions to her on the state of the burns victims if I got the chance but never did.

Not a snowballs chance in hell did a piss weak "Potasium Chlorate" bomb mixed with aluminium oxide cause those "flash burns" and strip concrete from metal rods in the original Bali bombing. No doubt the facts of this one will leak out slowly.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Three Australians dead, Bali hospital says

We had a family outing today, and I was listening to the news.

Was very impressed with the reports that there were minimal burns...particularly with respect to the Vialls reports on the first (which I didn't get 'till mythbusters blew the freckle out of a cement truck).

Then saw the TV tonight, which appears to have captured a very chemical device.

(It also made me wonder how those insurgents can get a couple hundred at a time...like Bali_1)
Old 10-03-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Bali Blast Footage

"Bali blast footage". They claim it shows one of the bombers looking rather thin in his supposed bomb vest with 10kg of TNT (maybe he's holding his tummy in?). The reporter also claims the man is holding a "detonator device" in his hand. That "device" could well be his car keys or maybe a fork for his cheese cake...but who am I to argue with the telly. I hope my fellow Aussies now fully realize the terror the rest of the world has been in for the last umpteen years with 500 pound bombs from "coalition" aircraft falling on their heads for some time. I just wish these "terrorists" could of waltzed into Johnny Howards tea and toast morning coffee down at Observation City a couple of days ago and gotton a "real terrorist". 1meg WMV File.

[img align=left]http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~falluga/Bali2.jpg[/img]Literally a millisecond before the blast. It comes in from the left of screen.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Bali Blast Footage

What of the several other bombs that were supposedly found unexploded?

It was reported here that cell phones were used as detonators and they shut down the grid before the were all exploded.

It was mentioned, too, that Mossad and Britain use that method as a favorite.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:57 PM

I am so jaded at this point.. I suspect the NWO is involved in every "terrorist act in the world".
Old 10-03-2005, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I am so jaded at this point.. I suspect the NWO is involved in every "terrorist act in the world".
Because "they" are.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:46 PM

There is credible gathering evidence that "backpacks" were thrown under tables and the perpertrators ran off in the confusion.

Quote:
Bomb went off 'under our table'

By Marian Carroll Denpasar, Bali
October 3, 2005

AUSTRALIAN witnesses believe one of the Bali terrorists threw a bomb under their table a split second before a deadly blast ripped through the beachside restaurant where they were dining.

"A bomb went off right under our table," said Joe Frost, 20, of Newcastle, who had been out with about 17 friends from his home city when bombs rocked two cafes at Bali's popular Jimbaran beach.

"Someone ran past and threw it under there," he said. "The next thing I know I'm thrown to the ground. It's all black and I can't hear anything.

"I ran into the ocean because I figured that was the safest place."

Mr Frost said he was eating at the open-air Nyoman Cafe when a bomb went off at the nearby Menega Cafe. The group jumped to their feet with the sound of the first blast. "We all stood up and looked around and we were hoping it was a gas explosion," he said. Suddenly, another blast went off around them.

Mr Frost said he didn't see the bomb thrower but two of his friends had. About the same time, a third bomb exploded, in Raja's Bar and Restaurant in the heart of the Kuta shopping precinct.
AdvertisementAdvertisement

Survivor Nicolas Scott told staff and volunteers at Bali's Sanglah hospital that he saw a man throw a white bag into Raja's.

Some of the Newcastle group were among the dead and wounded. Joe's father, Adam Frost, a doctor, is volunteering at Sanglah hospital, where many of the wounded are being treated, some for horrific shrapnel wounds.

The doctor said an entire ward of the intensive care unit was taken up by members of the Newcastle group.

"There's 10 of us in that ward, one has been evacuated and another three have died," said Dr Frost, who was not with the group at the restaurant.

Survivors of the group were coming to grips with the tragedy yesterday. Julia Lederwasch, 49, and daughter Aleta, 21, suffered shrapnel wounds. Dietmar Lederwasch, whose ears were still ringing from the blast, told of a terrifying four hours when he could not find his daughter.

When the bomb went off, Aleta screamed and ran off, he said.

"I stood at the head of the table and had a panoramic view of the situation. There was a sea of people running and then it went all black."

Mr Lederwasch said it was an emotional reunion when he visited his wife and daughter in hospital yesterday morning. "We just burst into tears and hugged each other," he said. It was a miracle that others from Newcastle who were in Bali were not at the Jimbaran restaurant, he said.

At least eight families, totalling 40 to 50 people, including two dozen children, had travelled together to holiday in Bali, he said. But only about half the group went for the seafood barbecue.

"It was an absolute miracle that the kids decided to stay at the hotel because they were too tired to go out," Mr Lederwasch said. "I didn't know the extent of it until I got here (the Sanglah hospital) today. I thought our table had been OK." He said his daughter had been worried about security during the trip.

Another Newcastle family had pulled out of the holiday because of warnings from the Indonesian and Australian governments that a terrorist attack was imminent in Indonesia, Joe Frost said.

Members of the Newcastle group well enough to leave Bali would go as soon as possible, he said.

Link