Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > New World Order > The effects of the NWO
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Bye, Bye Old Dollar Standard

Shannow, with gold or gold backing for paper, the market determines what you will pay - supply and demand of/for products and services.

On a gold standard, the value of your money gently increases while prices stabilize or gently decrease.

And THIS, a fiat currency certainly IS the problem, especially combined with compound interest and 12:1 fractional reserve. :-?

Old 10-09-2005, 08:54 PM

Barbara, I believe this and shannow are referring to the Bill Still plan for fiat currency from his Money Masters video, an excellent documentary.
Essentially, Still would eliminate the interst and fractional reserve banking, as well as the central bankers themselves. The power of coining money would revert to the Federal government, who would try to maintain a balance between supply and demand, only creating more money as the economy expands and requires it.

The Money Masters

Of course, the flaw in his theory is that it still requires intelligent, uncorrupted men within the government to make the monetary decisions.
I'm not certain we could get back onto a gold or silver standard without an enormous currency devaluation.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:29 PM

I agree that Bill Still's Money Masters is excellent.

As money is nothing more than a convienent medium of exchange it should simply match the size and vigour of the economy...we have data coming out of our ears so the bean counters can get an exact idea of whats going on.

I think the problem can only be solved with a profound change of heart in individual humans.

That profound change will not happen until massive suffering has ensued and people realise that knowing the ins and outs of your favourite sport team is in actuality, a quite useless endevour at the end of the day.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:05 PM

To carry on where TB left off... IF we are to continue with a modern society we can go essentially two ways moneywise:

Barter, which is looking better and better all the time, or some sort of public regulated and accountable money system.

Barbara, I'd love to argue about the Italian car manufacturer but I'd first want to know if you have any other disagreements with the two sentences I wrote on money in this thread & what I said about money on the Charlie Reese thread.

Thanks Freeman for expanding on the ideas of that video. Personally I think that video is best taken as excellent historical overview of banking and government corruption leading to war etc.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:17 PM

Quotations from the above linked Money Masters site:

Quote:

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks...will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. -Thomas Jefferson
Issuing power? You mean they kind of like create it? So money does grow on trees!

Quote:

History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance. -James Madison
Hey Madison, are you some kind of conspiracy theorist? Don't you know that the US State Dep't says that 'most' conspiracy theories aren't true?

Quote:

If congress has the right under the Constitution to issue paper money, it was given them to use themselves, not to be delegated to individuals or corporations. -Andrew Jackson
Are you kidding me Mr. Jackson? Then why did 3 guys in 1913 sell the show away?

Quote:

The Government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credits needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the buying power of consumers. By the adoption of these principles, the taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest. Money will cease to be master and become the servant of humanity. -Abraham Lincoln
What dope are you smoking Lincoln? It's a dog eat dog world out there, and it should be - just ask Nomad.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:56 AM

freeman,
good link.

My point was that gold has no actual value, other than what we give it, so how does a "gold reserve" equate to real value ?

That being said, buying food by the calorific content, adjusted for minerals and vitamins...or clothes by the insulating value times the surface area, with adjustments for fashion/colour is impossible.

I don't see that gold is a replacement for the aforementioned piece of paper with a ferret printed on it.

However,
What is the value of a T.V. ?
Nothing, or its weight in gold ?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:59 AM

Quote:
My point was that gold has no actual value, other than what we give it, so how does a "gold reserve" equate to real value ?
That is a good point, Shannow. Gold is simply another commodity itself, and all commodities are subject to fluctuations.
Obviously, if one major nation decided to revert to a gold standard, then what you describe is exactly the tack that the Rothschilds and others would take to undermine the process, probably one of the major reasons why the banksters hoard so much gold.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:07 PM

If all the world's economies tanked in a depression, and the money supply contracted greatly, there might be enough gold in the world to 'back' all the currencies. Chances are none of us would own even a sliver of gold in that scenario. There isn't enough gold in the world to reflect the value of our economies, probably why Nixon had to get the US off the standard - just a thought.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:43 PM

Quote:
There isn't enough gold in the world to reflect the value of our economies, probably why Nixon had to get the US off the standard - just a thought.
That's exactly what Nixon was told by his Rockerfellerian advisors. Toward the end of his first term, he started to question what Kissinger & Co. were spoonfeeding him...hence the need for Watergate.
I believe that Nixon's wage/price freeze was the act of rebellion that sealed his fate. Perceiving what the banksters were up to (runaway inflation and an overheated economy, leading to Carter's stagflation), the Dickster cleverly called a "timeout". The mainstream economic reaction was unbridled outrage; Nixon had temporarily derailed the Illuminati's sabotage of the American economy, and they were vocally unhappy.