Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Your thoughts on evolution?

I was listening to AJ today and he made an offhand remark that took me aback somewhat. He said that our genes were the product of millions of years of nature, and that creationism, or atleast the idea that human kind is less than ten thousand years old is somewhat of a strawman. I wish he would do a bit more research before going on his usually interesting rants. Anyway, what's the general sentiment here?

EVOLUTION: yay, or nay?

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 10-13-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Your thoughts on evolution?

Alex is a sincere Christian but an immature one, it seems. He says a lot of silly things here and there.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:43 AM

It's not as simple as one or the other - everything (including humans) on this planet is a result of creationism or "Intelligent Design" - (An interesting term Bush has taken to using lately) While our genetic code, Or some version of it may have been around for millions of years, The human race is very new and our "Creator" is not who we have been led to believe it is. We have been given a humanly acceptable version of how we came to be. Look at how many have accepted the roman catholic version. Just like good little sheep.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:09 AM

I come from the position that God exists, and so do we. How He chose to put us here is not as important to me as what we do with the lives He gave us.
I would caution anyone, however, about the Tavistock agenda regarding our alleged evolution from pond scum.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:22 AM

But WHO is God ?? Or WHAT is God ??
Do you honestly believe you have been given the truth ? We are told by our government not to believe in extra-terrestrials because we've never
seen them. Have you seen God ? Have you seen the Anti-Christ ? We are also told to have "Blind Faith" in our elected official's.....
We need to decide which we believe came first - God or Government or ?????
Old 10-13-2005, 09:51 AM

Quote:
wolff wrote:
But WHO is God ?? Or WHAT is God ??
Do you honestly believe you have been given the truth ? We are told by our government not to believe in extra-terrestrials because we've never
seen them. Have you seen God ? Have you seen the Anti-Christ ? We are also told to have "Blind Faith" in our elected official's.....
We need to decide which we believe came first - God or Government or ?????

Couldn't have said it better myself! :lol:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Which came first GOD or government?

The answer is that WE DO NOT KNOW!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:24 AM

Neither!

I think its a better chance that we were seeded here.
It explains racial differences, missing link and the whole UFO thing.

I think the parents are whizzing around in the stars
dropping in from time to time to see if us silly teenagers have blowen ourselves up yet.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:15 PM

"It explains racial differences, missing link and the whole UFO thing."

Ok Khopesh, I understand how it explains UFO's but how does our being "seeded" here explain the racial differences or the missing link ??
Please explain your thoughts.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:33 PM

Genes are the product of millions of years of evolution.. that's basically the way evolution (and the world) works. Sorry if you don't want to accept the Truth..

Moreover, I thought Christianity was about following the Teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. I never got the memo that said Christians are required to believe (as a *literal* truth) all the fables in the OT about Adam and Eve, a 6,000 year-old universe, Moses parting the Red Sea, Joshua commanding the Sun to stop moving and a talking donkey belonging to Balaam..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:37 PM

Quote:
psholtz wrote:
Genes are the product of millions of years of evolution.. that's basically the way evolution (and the world) works. Sorry if you don't want to accept the Truth..

Moreover, I thought Christianity was about following the Teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. I never got the memo that said Christians are required to believe (as a *literal* truth) all the fables in the OT about Adam and Eve, a 6,000 year-old universe, Moses parting the Red Sea, Joshua commanding the Sun to stop moving and a talking donkey belonging to Balaam..
I always have a hard time believing in reported "miracles" I didn't witness.

:lol: 8-) :lol: