Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Is religion opium for the people?

No, I think atheism is part of the opium.

Old 10-29-2005, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The CROSS

Have people been brainwashed into seeing it as a symbol of life and salvation when actually it would be better viewed for what it IS. The image of ROME - the BEAST.
The cross is the symbol of the united masculine and feminine principals.

The masculine - the vertical.

The feminine - the horizontal.

It is the union of opposites at which point one transcends the Earthly veil and glimpses the Kingdom Of God which dwells within. The balance of the right and left hemispheres of the brain.

It is attainable only when the individual takes up their cross...that is, stops avoiding their fate with the million and one excuses - upset wife, mother, father, family, friends, work etc...

How many times as a nurse have I heard a person on their deathbed complain they never did a thing they wanted in this life.

The Christian cross as you will note is not an equalateral cross but is unbalanced. Fancy that.

Maybe you're right...it is the cross of Rome...more like a club.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
The cross is the symbol of the united masculine and feminine principals.

The masculine - the vertical.

The feminine - the horizontal.

It is the union of opposites at which point one transcends the Earthly veil and glimpses the Kingdom Of God which dwells within. The balance of the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
Sometimes you really blow my mind away tb.
Where do you come up with this stuff?

To me the cross is a roman torture device.
Metaphorically we are burdened with rome and roman torture during our stay here on earth.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:10 AM

This is great. I always wondered what Jesus' followers thought of his statement about "Take up your cross . . .", because noone at that time knew that he was to be crucified. It would be like saying to us, "Take up your hangman's noose and follow me . . ."

Iconography is an important part of Christian CULTURE and does not actually represent God and His words to the world - that's the job of the body of Christ.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:34 AM

The Christian cross is symbolic to stand for the human being. Just go in front of a mirror place your feet together, spread out your arms and look into the mirror. You will see the cross. Your cross becomes heavy for you when you do not based your life on the word of God. Jesus dying on the cross is symbolic to state that he never left the path of God, so was not the author of the trinity belief. Jesus being crucified is symbolic to state that the word of God was hidden from the masses, but the Bible states that there would be a man who could read who would bring the word of God back. This is what Prophet Muhammed did. He not only brought the word of God back, but he exonerated all of the Prophets before him of all of the sinful things that the Bible said about them. He also brought a more clearer understand of both who God is and what man's role is to God.
So in other words as the Bible put it he is the return of Christ.

peace
Old 11-02-2005, 09:21 AM

Akbar, the Christian cross is not symbolic to stand for the human being. But given that you're not a Christian, you can't be expected to understand this.
God allowed his son to be sacrificed on the cross to redeem mankind for their sins, and to usher in the New Covenant.
Many people, especially Christians, may have a difficult time seeing the image of Jesus nailed to a cross. Perhaps they see this image as a sign of weakness because Jesus allowed it to happen and did not fight back.It also shows complete humility toward the will of God.
Since Islam is a warrior religion, it may be especially difficult for Muslims to see the image of Jesus up on that cross.
The prophet Muhammed did not bring back the word of God because he did not accept the commandment of "Thou shalt not kill." He believed it was alright to kill in battle for Islam. Though of course, conversly, Muhammed also taught the importance of having great compassion for the poor and less fortunate.
Many Christians throughout history have also believed that it's fine to kill in the name of God, but Jesus did not. He never went against any of the Ten Commandments; indeed, he upheld them completely.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:32 AM

The Christ of the churches is not the CHRIST of the Bible.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:09 AM

Hmmm, you think maybe it's just someone else by the same name?

"There can be no forgiveness without the shedding of blood . . .": this is the basis for atonement in the OT age. Consider Cain and Abel; consider Abraham and Isaac; consider Leviticus and Deuteronomy; and consider Jesus. The crucifix was a Roman instrument of execution. Jesus had to die. The cross symbolizes to me the ultimate and perfect sacrifice by God himself just to save a slob like me. He was THE sacrificial lamb of whom Isaiah spoke: he brought the New Covenant to Israel, and to the rest of the world.
Selah.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Bouncer wrote:
Hmmm, you think maybe it's just someone else by the same name?

"There can be no forgiveness without the shedding of blood . . .": this is the basis for atonement in the OT age. Consider Cain and Abel; consider Abraham and Isaac; consider Leviticus and Deuteronomy; and consider Jesus. The crucifix was a Roman instrument of execution. Jesus had to die. The cross symbolizes to me the ultimate and perfect sacrifice by God himself just to save a slob like me. He was THE sacrificial lamb of whom Isaiah spoke: he brought the New Covenant to Israel, and to the rest of the world.
Selah.
The Christ of the churches is not the CHRIST described and quoted in the entire Bible. The churches teach a Christ that fits the needs of the church (to survive) The Bible is the story Of CHRIST and his relation to people and is complete in the Bible. The churches place interpretation between the believer and CHRIST
The Bible is a written word and is sufficient in its teaching. You do not need a church to follow CHRIST.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:31 AM

What makes you think that I am not Christian? A Christian is someone who is trying to be Christ like, which means that it is a person on the path of trying to incorporate the word of God in their life. Wow, you give me the company line of your belief in the Jesus. That is basic. A three year old knows that. In fact when Paul gave that belief to the Gentiles. He did it with the understanding that he felt they were children. Yes, in the Bible they call Gentiles children. See how the Jews make fun of non Jews and we accept it. So you are comfortable sharing a belief that was given to Gentiles because they were not deem worthy enough for an understanding with greater meaning. The question is did you follow what I said in the previous post. Do you look like a cross? It is an insult to your intelligence to state the God who created everthing would rape a Jewish woman against her will to have a son. Why not a gentile woman? See how the Jews again play with your intelligence. Your belief in what they gave you as a religion was only meant to mentally and spiritually enslave you. As a intelligent person I would ask the following questions. 1.) If God is more powerful than the Sun, how could a physical representation of him come to the earth or how can physical matter hold him. Also, if he died for our sins, then why are there more sins in the world now than there were during his time? 2.) Why would he chose a Jewish woman? 3.) Why would he have a child with her against her will? 3.) Doesn't the Bible say that we are all a children of God? 4.) Doesn't it say in the Bible that Jesus will return with a sword? 5.) Why is the Christian belief similar to Roman mythology? 6.) If Muhammed was a warrior and Islam is a religion of war, then why does history show more people being killed in the name of Christianity and by Christians than Islam? There are several others, but these will help promote you from elementary to middle school.