Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Junior economics question II: what's this obsession with economic growth?

I guess this is another pillar in the argument from the pro-mass immigration crowd, and that is, without it we wouldn't 'grow' economically very much, if we only depended on natural births.

It sounds very vague to me. Is it just an outgrowth of having to sustain the pyramid scheme known as social security, or do they simply mean growth in productivity, or is it something else?

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 11-06-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Junior economics question II: what's this obsession with economic growth?

I have a knack for ending threads, shame to jump in so early...

Economic growth is the numeric growth of the money supply. Get it to increase every year - or else. The British Empire responded by conquering and pillaging through Free Trade deals. Canada responded by selling our assets for short term payments on the national debt, and immigration because we are feminists now (we don't have babies thank you)
Old 11-06-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Junior economics question II: what's this obsession with economic growth?

You've gotta be shitting me, how the fuck can there be any economic growth from the increasing welfare state. If anything it's a debt accelerator.- in answer to obsession of pro-mass immigration 98% illegaly.
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 11-06-2005, 06:47 PM

Quote:
this wrote:
I have a knack for ending threads, shame to jump in so early...

Economic growth is the numeric growth of the money supply. Get it to increase every year - or else. The British Empire responded by conquering and pillaging through Free Trade deals. Canada responded by selling our assets for short term payments on the national debt, and immigration because we are feminists now (we don't have babies thank you)
but I thought inflation was a bad thing :-o

what happens if we don't grow?

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 11-06-2005, 06:50 PM

"ECONOMIC-GROWTH" means flooding the north american continent with cheap Mexican and S. and central american labor, and replacing the "WHITE Man" who must be reduced to insignificant numbers so as to usher in World goverment.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:26 PM

Economic Growth is a dead necessity, to keep the spotlight on the creation of money through debt.

No growth, and people would SEE their money being funnelled into to pockets of the rich.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:37 PM

What growth. The economists are magicians of digital deception. The money is being funneled into the pockets of the rich. American's have no idea what a value such as a million means in any terms, dollars, donuts, are flies. People think the end is coming! I say the end is here and we are already on the other side of it.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Shannow wrote:
Economic Growth is a dead necessity, to keep the spotlight on the creation of money through debt.

No growth, and people would SEE their money being funnelled into to pockets of the rich.
could you expound on that a bit further?

why do they keep printing money?

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 11-06-2005, 08:30 PM

Thumper,
it's hard, as I'm an engineering type, and still trying to wrap my head around economic crap. This concept is starting to gell in my head.

If there is a stable population, economic growth keeps the population "treading water", while more money gets dragged into the hands of the rich. If there was no economic growth, then living standards of the populace would have to decay to maintain the cash flow.

I think with the illegal immigration thing, they are augmenting the process. Low paid immigrants displace people onto welfare. Living standards on the whole are reduced, i.e. the immigrants take less money, and those on welfare certainly aren't that rich.

The rest of us tread water and have a scapegoat for higher taxes, while average standards go down.

'Dunno if that made a lot of sense...
Old 11-06-2005, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Shannow wrote:
Thumper,
it's hard, as I'm an engineering type, and still trying to wrap my head around economic crap. This concept is starting to gell in my head.

If there is a stable population, economic growth keeps the population "treading water", while more money gets dragged into the hands of the rich. If there was no economic growth, then living standards of the populace would have to decay to maintain the cash flow.
Are you saying that it's a natural process that without printing more money, it will be accumalated by the rich? Like the opposite of the trickle down effect? I don't know if that's the case in a pure freemarket system (i.e. no government intervention, i.e. racketeering).

--Andrew Carnegie