Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Danger of Demonization

Hi guys!

It's the limping guy! Still at it.

In western culture the tendency to frame political, social, religious, or cultural conflict as a battle between good and evil is distinctively shaped by the apocalyptic prophecies in the Bible's book of Revelation, which describes a battle between faithful Christians and deceptive Satanic agents that precedes God's penultimate victory and a millennium of peace.

Now, these kind of claims of demonic conspiracies have flourished during periods of millennial expectation or apocalyptic fervor, and are doing so again as the calendar creeps toward some type of significant year, ther is always a way tomake one.

The process of demonization is central to all forms of conspiracist thinking. For example: Author (and activist) Leonard Zeskind considers all conspiracy theories "essentially theologically constructed views of events. Conspiracy theories are renderings of a metaphysical devil which is trans-historical, omnipotent, and destructive of God's will on earth.

This is true even for conspiracy theories in which there is not an explicit religious target." As Zeskind has observed, and many others, it is impossible to analyze the contemporary right, without understanding the "all-powerful cosmology of diabolical evil." So to totally, fully comprehend the subtext of those US (and of course OZ-) movements that utilize demonization and conspiracist scapegoating, we have to briefly ..."dance with the devil".

There is a deep division (witness here on this site) with modern Christianity between those who personify evil and identify it with specific groups--gays and lesbians, feminists, liberals, Jews--and those who see evil as the will to dominate and oppress. Within mainstream denominations, independent evangelical churches, progressive Christian communities, and followers of liberation theology, are many Christians who are painfully aware of those historic periods when some Christian leaders sided with oppression and used demonization as a tool to protect and extend power and privilege.

The binary (dual-sided) model of good versus evil is not unique to Christianity, but is found in the spiritual beliefs of "all the peoples of the earth," and is considered by some (including me) "a necessary phase in the evolution of human thought."

..."NOthing is more common in history than the change of the deities of hostile nations into demons of evil," wrote Paul Carus, who noted that Beelzebub, a Phoenician god, "became another name for Satan," for the early Jews. In fact, the word Satan means "enemy."

Especially demonized in early Christian culture were Jews who refused to accept the crucified Jesus as the true Messiah, Roman civil authorities who punished Christians for refusing to carry out certain rituals seen as proving loyalty to the emperor, and those Christians who promoted unacceptable alternative theological positions.

Quite applicable, wouldn't you say?

Old 11-24-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Danger of Demonization

I suppose you are saying that there are no Demons, no independent evil, no independent good just the confusion and misunderstanding of completely random events in a completely random universe. Really at this late date that kind of thinking is fine with me. The philosophical arguments go on and on. When people are fat and fed all problems can be handled with the wise use of human experience and intelligence if we calmly apply it to the problem. The human race has no enemies beyond themselves. The rich are rich by there on hard work and the poor are poor because they do not try hard enough. The feeling that there is something here other than us acting not in our interest is just the tricks of an empty belly. The imaginations of a jealous loser. Yes I think you have solved it and we can all sleep happier tonight knowing that it is just our imagination. That all is well with the world.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:36 AM

Quote:
book-o-flaws wrote:
Yes I think you have solved it and we can all sleep happier tonight knowing that it is just our imagination. That all is well with the world.
"I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Oh yeah"

...Well, Louis Armstrong was heavy into marijuana anyway. :-(
Old 11-25-2005, 08:08 AM

Ya know OL...the more you write and quote from books the more patently absurd you sound...

Quote:
The process of demonization is central to all forms of conspiracist thinking. For example: Author (and activist) Leonard Zeskind considers all conspiracy theories "essentially theologically constructed views of events. Conspiracy theories are renderings of a metaphysical devil which is trans-historical, omnipotent, and destructive of God's will on earth.
Well then. I guess that "free falling" WTC and building 7 are just "essentially theologically constructed views of events".

The countless witness's to Mahummed Atta training at American military bases is..."renderings of a metaphysical devil which is trans-historical, omnipotent, and destructive of God's will on earth."

Oh well. Thats all cleared up then. I guess I'll throw out the truckloads of evidence pointing to a "conspiracy" to mobilize the American public into a war for the bankers now that i know i am in the grip of a "essentially theologically constructed views of events".

Who the fuck needs history, common sense and an open mind when you have a man like OL around. A man who hates "deomization" and yet at EVERY oppurtunity "demonizes" the Konspiracy Kooks as simple ideolouges in the grip of a permanent delusion.

Ta for the insights OL.;-)

Gotta run, me jack boots need polishing!
Old 11-25-2005, 08:15 AM

TB... :-D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-25-2005, 11:06 PM

No matter if a hundred disturbed or deliberate individuals proceeded to train extensively in the US at the most american of american military bases, and then decided to blow themselves and the WTC up in the process. Many members of the US military are simply coke-heads that had one last chance before they were going to jail for ever. It doesn't mean a thing if Atta trained as a US Marine or whatever.

Of course, if you presume that bankers ruled both the regulatory body of the senate and the financal clout to persuade Wolfovitz to make sure the army would attack Afghanistan in order to build pipelines down to the gulf and then Iraq in order to attain security over the oilbusniess, then... They failed!

The "Theologization" refers to the fact that conspirationsists link all possible events of unrest and disturbment together into one huge unified picture of meaning and course of action, a guided effort by a single will.

You need to see a bigger picture than the one you call "the big picture".
Old 11-26-2005, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Many members of the US military are simply coke-heads that had one last chance before they were going to jail for ever.
O.kkkkkkkkay.

No, he was Egyption and probably intelligence on loan. It could be argued he was not aware of the final act in the drama.

I refer you to the great work of Danial Hopsicker on the particulars of Atta and his coke snorting lap dancer girlfriend. "Mahummed Atta & The Venice Flying Circus". Plus the update on his website.

Quote:
It doesn't mean a thing if Atta trained as a US Marine or whatever.
Well no, he was Egyptian Intelligence most likely on loan. Perhaps even a member of the DREADED...dah dah dah daaaaaaaaa..Mossad?

He was at the Pensacola Naval Airstation taking lessons in English, so the mainstream was reporting, till the clamps came down. Refer to the Alex Jones archive for the original news articles.

Quote:
Of course, if you presume that bankers ruled both the regulatory body of the senate and the financal clout to persuade Wolfovitz to make sure the army would attack Afghanistan in order to build pipelines down to the gulf and then Iraq in order to attain security over the oilbusniess, then... They failed!
The plot is actually quite simple. USA "bad cop" - Europe/U.N "good cop". Bad Cop has done the dirty work for the Globalists and "opened up" Iraq. The U.N will be stepping in to take over. Refer Thomas Barnett and "The Pentagons New Map" for details on the "Iron Fist" of the Globalists that is the Imperial power of the U.S.

Oil is incidental to the plans of the Global Elite. They already own the oil of Iraq through the simple fact that Saddam had to put it somewhere (profits) and even if he spent it on his people he was still importing expensive Italian marble for the floors of his palace.

The Globalists already "own" the planet. It is breaking the peasants attachment to "place" and "tradition" that is their goal and a world wide consuming culture of autobots who will do as they are told. Those filthy Islamists still have a deep attachment to their tribe and place. So do many in the Western world with their love of a "silly supernatural God" who must recieve his due over Rome. Rome plans on getting rid of that God and replacing it with the dry, materialist, rationalist State with it's values based in the "perfectly reasonable" laws of man called "secular humanism" which SPURNS the idea of a supernatural being that must be given their due.

Once they break the power of "religion" and the people live ONLY by the laws of man, the individual dignity bequeathed by God to each of his creations will be finished. You will be a cog in the machine and the most UNBELIEVABLE evil will be done in the name of "reason" - "management" - "logic" - "good of the many".
Old 11-26-2005, 02:04 PM

[img align=left]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/clubc/Windego5.jpg[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 02:39 PM

Adolescent picture?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:58 PM

[img align=left]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/clubc/Windego4.jpg[/img]