Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Gulf Stream Weakens Dramatically

Gulf Stream Weakens Dramatically
02-Dec-2005

Will the gulf stream keep Europe warm?
It has diminished 30% in strength in just a few years, and it's impending end raises fears of much colder European weather. As outlined in Whitley Strieber and Art Bell's book Superstorm , which was the basis for the film The Day After Tomorrow. The consequences could be much more far-reaching and severe if the current should stop suddenly, over a period of weeks or months, rather than slowly declining over years.
Fred Pearce writes in New Scientist that the ocean current that keeps Europe’s climate pleasant and moderate may fail, meaning that Europe will enter a mini ice age of the kind that it experienced during the 13-19th centuries. If you look at a globe, you’ll note that the UK is actually on the same meridian as Nova Scotia. Without the warming waters of the gulf stream, it will have the same weather. Melting glaciers, which dilute the salinity of the ocean, are causing this protective ocean current to drop south, meaning it will no longer flow past the British Isles and Western Europe.

UK oceanographer Harry Bryden says he is "nervous" about this discovery and that it has "come as quite a surprise."

For more information:
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8398

Old 12-03-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Gulf Stream Weakens Dramatically

I am so sorry. We will all pray.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:13 PM

Getting to say "I told you so" has lost it's appeal.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Shannow wrote:
Getting to say "I told you so" has lost it's appeal.
Yup I know what you mean. I have suspected this for a decade or more and warned of the inevetable little ice age for a year or so. Getting to be old hat but then peopel still arent listening are they.