Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2005, 12:42 AM

Default As a libertarian Im concerned how oppressive Homeowners Associations sound, is it a conspiracy?

Quote:
PHOENIX Joseph Haggerty may own the most expensive garbage can in America.

Because he kept it in the front yard, not the back, his homeowners association took him to court for violating community rules. After a four-year standoff over whether neighbors could see it behind a shrub, he lost and was ordered to pay $11,978.75 in fines and legal fees.

For Ralph Blevins, the problem was an unsightly toolshed behind his town house in Raleigh, N.C. His homeowners association removed the shed one night, and Mr. Blevins, a 62-year-old civil engineer, protested by withholding $750 in maintenance fees. The association foreclosed and bought the town house at an auction for just $3,000.
About one in six people, or roughly 50 million residents, lives in a community governed by a homeowners association, from co-op buildings in New York City to suburban subdivisions. Formed to take care of the small tasks that fall through the cracks of municipal government, like picking up garbage and repainting curbs, some homeowners associations are asserting far broader powers, backed by local courts.

Cities and counties, which are reluctant to raise taxes to pay for services, have in many cases stepped aside, allowing associations to become de facto governments with increasing authority over daily life.

The growth of associations has created "a whole sector of people who don't use public services," said Evan McKenzie, a professor of political
:-o

http://www.ccfj.net/HOAgenNYT.html

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 12-05-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: As a libertarian Im concerned how oppressive Homeowners Associations sound, is it a conspiracy?

I was going to reply to
this earlier but I got
caught in thumper-to-thumper traffic.
-------------------------------
Oppressive homeowners associations:
One lesson to be learned is that all
people are sinners and are tempted
to do evil. We must learn how
to protect and defend ourselves
against evil centralised governments
AND evil private organisations and individuals.

You can study The Bible and
Christianity ( but not the popular,
mass media type )to learn about
sin and evil in people.

Selling the place for $3,000
is theft. It may be legal
under Statist or Humanistic
"law" but illegal
according to God's Law.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Re: As a libertarian Im concerned how oppressive Homeowners Associations sound, is it a conspiracy?

Anytime you enter into anything with another person be vigilant. Biblically, do not built house to house. Cities were historically reintroduced by Nimrod. If you want to follow Nimrod, go to it, but count me out. If you don't like what I say about the Bible, then just leave me in my ignorance. I will not debate my beliefs or disdain yours.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:31 AM

At first I thought homeowners' associations were the 'natural' freemarket alternative to government central planning but now I'm not so sure.

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 12-05-2005, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Indred wrote:
Anytime you enter into anything with another person be vigilant. Biblically, do not built house to house. Cities were historically reintroduced by Nimrod. If you want to follow Nimrod, go to it, but count me out. If you don't like what I say about the Bible, then just leave me in my ignorance. I will not debate my beliefs or disdain yours.
Fascinating. Any verses in particular?

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 12-05-2005, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Thumper wrote:
Quote:
Indred wrote:
I believe there's a verse in the book of Isaiah to this effect.. I'll try to look it up..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Thumper wrote:
Quote:
Indred wrote:
Yes, Isaiah 5:8:

Quote:
Woe to you who add house to house, and join field to field, till no space is left and you live alone in the land.
Quite prophetic, no?? :-P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:28 AM

^ neat.

Personally, the only place for 'urbanization' I believe, is maybe a small market place in the town center where people can socialize, and barter for things they can't produce themselves.

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 PM

I can't tell you how much I agree. Please find this place and I will move near by.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 PM

Parts of Switzerland look like this... Interlacken?

--Andrew Carnegie