Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Resources > Share the knowledge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Unfathomed Dangers in Patriot Act Reauthorization

by Paul Craig Roberts

A provision in the "PATRIOT Act" creates a new federal police force with the power to violate the Bill of Rights. You might think that this cannot be true, as you have not read about it in newspapers or heard it discussed by talking heads on TV.

Go to House Report 109-333 USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and check it out for yourself. Sec. 605 reads:

"There is hereby created and established a permanent police force, to be known as the 'United States Secret Service Uniformed Division.'"

This new federal police force is "subject to the supervision of the Secretary of Homeland Security."
MORE
http://www.antiwar.com/roberts/?articleid=8434

Old 01-25-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Unfathomed Dangers in Patriot Act Reauthorization

8-) Well my US cyber pals i suppose you have to look at your civil liberties misfortune this way if you were living in akbars perfered home states under shariah law you would have even less freedom than you do in the US that is for sure not only that such oppression has been going on for years in these bedouwin sludge holes so i suppose you should just be all grateful your not living in one of these backward societies.

I mean atleast you still have a Bill of Rights in the US, Australia has never had a Bill of Rights and doesnt ever look like getting one either!. 8-)