Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Alternate History
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Jesuits and the Civil War

You know, some people totally diss Lincoln over the Southern states seceding.

Thing of it is, the Vatican profited from slavery. Lincoln declared that one day the slaves would be free. His opponent for the Presidency, Stephen Douglas, was racist and declared that "the Negro is no kin of mine!"

I have a book written by Charles Chiniquy, who was a former Catholic priest and a friend of Lincoln's--Lincoln had served as Chiniquy's lawyer at one point when a few fellow priests were trying to falsely accuse Chiniquy of some serious crimes, such as attempted rape.

Samuel F.B. Morse had been to Rome and had happened upon a Vatican plot to destroy the United States through civil war.

Here is a quote from Lincoln:

"This war would never have been possible without the sinister influence of the Jesuits. We owe it to Popery that we now see our land reddened with the blood of her noblest sons. Though there were great differences of opinion between the South and the North, on the question of slavery, neither Jeff Davis nor any one of the leading men of the Confederacy would have dared to attack the North, had they not relied on the promises of the Jesuits, that under the mask of Democracy, the money and the arms of the Roman Catholic, even the arms of France, were at their disposal, if they would attack us. I pity the priests, the bishops and the monks of Rome in the United States, when the people realize that they are, in great part, responsible for the tears and the blood shed in this war; the later the more terrible will the retribution be. I conceal what I know, on that subject, from the knowledge of the nation; for if the people knew the whole truth, this war would turn into a religious war, and it would, at once, take a tenfold more savage and bloody character, it would become merciless as all religious wars are. It would become a war of extermination on both sides. The Protestants of both the North and the South would surely unite to exterminate the priests and the Jesuits, if they could hear what Professor Morse has said to me of the plots made in the very city of Rome to destroy this Republic, and if they could learn how the priests, the nuns, and the monks, which daily land on our shores, under the pretext of preaching their religion, instructing the people in their schools, taking care of the sick in the hospitals, are nothing else but the emissaries of the Pope, of Napoleon, and the other despots of Europe, to undermine our institutions, alienate the hearts of our people from our constitution, and our laws, destroy our schools, and prepare a reign of anarchy here as they have done in Ireland, in Mexico, in Spain, and wherever there are any people who want to be free, ect."

Even to this day, Lincoln's being badly maligned. Lies are still being spread about him.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Jesuits and the Civil War

What are they saying about Lincoln?