Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Club Conspiracy Community > Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Default English prof is accusing me of plagiarism when it's not true

Our assignment was to write a piece on feminism and I suppose out of spite I produced a diatribe against this force that subverts Western Civilization and alluded to a New World Order. Up until this point I was quite disillusioned with the class and turned in mediocre work, but I really took this bull by the horns and gave my spiel.

Today at the break she asked to speak to me and said that she thinks I got "extra help" and that I'm on thin ice. I argued with her and told her to google any sentence or passage she wanted, and she said "I don't want to have to do that."

Great, you accuse me of cheating but you don't want to prove it.

I guess she's pissed that she can't make me become another self-hating male feminist :lol:

Old 02-02-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: English prof is accusing me of plagiarism when it's not true

Quote:
Thumper wrote:
Our assignment was to write a piece on feminism and I suppose out of spite I produced a diatribe against this force that subverts Western Civilization and alluded to a New World Order. Up until this point I was quite disillusioned with the class and turned in mediocre work, but I really took this bull by the horns and gave my spiel.

Today at the break she asked to speak to me and said that she thinks I got "extra help" and that I'm on thin ice. I argued with her and told her to google any sentence or passage she wanted, and she said "I don't want to have to do that."

Great, you accuse me of cheating but you don't want to prove it.

I guess she's pissed that she can't make me become another self-hating male feminist :lol:
"out of spite"...
uhmm, Thumper?----------------bad move!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:11 PM

My eldest duaghter has been accused of plagiarism since she was in grade 7 at a British Grammar School.

How many times was I told she could not possibly have done that writing?

I can't write the way she does and at least I can recognize her abilities.

They are only trying to put you down for thinking, being, and writing outside of the box.

Screw uniherdity, is my opinion - sad to say. Go get a plumbing apprenticeship and if you work hard, you can write your own ticket. It's not hard physical labour, it's kind to the mind, and makes good money getting you out and about.

When I asked about dude in England, who just built a brand new extension to his house and takes his wife and three kids on holiday twice a year - what does he do? He's a plumber.

I used to be an accountant and now I cut hair to support my artistic habits and lust for education. I love going back to school as an adult to learn something new.... makes me feel like a kid and the world is my oyster.

The world is supposed to be your oyster and there are those battles that you sometimes have to walk away from. For me, the NWO rat-race is not appealing whatsoever.

I make more money now, I do less work and I really love what I do. How lucky am I? Thank you God. Get creative with your lfe. It's the only one you have and enjoy it as much as you can.

Pick your battles wisely.

Mary XXX
Old 02-02-2005, 06:48 PM

good for you thumper. stick to your guns and show the prof you can think independently .of course you might flunk the course ,but principle is worth something .

if you use the work of another it's called plagiarism. if you use the work of many it's called research.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:31 AM

Go Thumper!

Only the best get accused of Plagerism!

Take it as the supreme complement.

But yes, you are now a marked man.

Watch out for burning bra bombs and smelly armpit WMD's.