Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Resources > Share the knowledge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Got Pizza Hut? Got Silicone!

By Robert Cohen

Once upon a time, it used to be a beautiful day in the neighborhood...that no longer applies to the world of 2006.

Good morning, boys and girls. Can you say:

Polydimethylsiloxane?

Polydimethylsiloxane is a substance that is manufactured by Dow Chemical and is primarily used in food-manufacturing factories as a de-foaming agent for commercial boilers.

Polydimethylsiloxane is not approved for use as a food additive, yet, Pizza Hut is using this silicone-based chemical as a stabilizer for cheese on its patented pizza products. Some of those pizzas go directly to your child's schools and are served at lunchtime.

In order to preserve their frozen pizzas, Pizza Hut claims that their silicon emulsifier is a necessary preservative and emulsifier.

Although the package does not list its own secret formula, it does list "other additives" under the guise of this patent:

Patent # 4894245

A review of the United States Patent Office website confirms this story that was first reported on page 5 of the February, 2006 issue of Pete Hardin's "Milkweed." The actual patent:

See: United States Patent: 4,894,245

The following is included in the online patent:

"A silicone emulsifier (Dow Corning FG-10) is mixed with water to form a 0.05% emulsifier solution. This solution is sprayed on the frozen cheese granules at a rate of 1.75 parts of solution per 100 parts by weight of cheese."

Our children are eating silicon in school cafeterias. Silicon is not an approved substance for human consumption. Neither is Polydimethylsiloxane, or formaldehyde which results as a byproduct when frozen silicone-sprayed pizza is subjected to heat. Polydimethylsiloxane breaks down into formaldehyde when subjected to heat in excess of 150 degrees centigrade. See:

International Chemical Safety Cards - Polydimethylsiloxane

As guardians for all children, should we continue allowing school kids to naively ingest silicone and formaldehyde?

How dangerous is formaldehyde? The National Cancer Institute reports:

"Formaldehyde has been classified as a human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency."

See: National Cancer Institute - Formaldehyde and Cancer: Questions and Answers

Write a letter to your local school board. The health of our children is in great jeopardy.

http://themilkweed.com/Current.htm

Robert Cohen's website is www.notmilk.com

Article from: http://www.rense.com/general69/gotpz.htm

Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Got Pizza Hut? Got Silicone!

That's why I always ingest ample quantities of hdroxyethane (Molecular formula: C2H6O) with any processed foods (this includes resaurant foods!)

There is also some scuttle about Aspartame breaking down into HCL in certain high-heat conditions, but the suspicion of its turning into acid in your hot chocolate is considered the stuff of Urban Legend . . . or is it??? :-o
Old 02-24-2006, 12:26 PM

Can you imagine if we were able to transport someone from the past, say someone from the 1600's who ate wonderful, fresh, wholesome foods...never ingested any chemically-dipped/sprayed food, or any artificial anything---now they eat our food of today! By golly, what would be the outcome/end if say...they ate about 2 slices of pizza hut, followed by a burger, along with a preservative-sprayed salad from a salad bar??? Desert of chemical-crap ice-cream and chemical-crap fruit pies. And don't forget some Crystal Lite Drink or something like it. Let's say they were going to eat this for a week! Would they make it?? Or maybe die??
Old 02-24-2006, 12:27 PM

Cancer Causing Food Emulsifiers ??? - :-o :-o :-o

Polydimethylsiloxane -> Formaldehyde -> Cancer
- This calls for a "mass class-action law-suit" against any food companies manufacturing foods w/ this ingredient. The "beneficiaries" should be anyone who has ever eaten their food w/o knowledge of the "dangers" of eating their foods.

http://www.rense.com/general69/gotpz.htm
“How dangerous is formaldehyde? The National Cancer Institute reports:

"Formaldehyde has been classified as a human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency." See:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/formaldehyde

Write a letter to your local school board. The health of our children is in great jeopardy.”
http://www.rense.com/general69/gotpz.htm

Thank God for "Freedom Of Speech"...
8-)
Old 02-24-2006, 04:45 PM

Is this only Pizza Hut that's doing this or is Papa John's, Roundtable, Little Caesar's, and Domino's, and any others I left out, in on it too? :-?
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 02-24-2006, 09:49 PM

Cancer Causing Food Emulsifiers ??? - :-o :-o :-o

"nohope187", I read your question & then I thought, well it looks like they are referring only to "Pizza Hut", so I looked at the link provided in the article, & it does mention the fact that they use it as an ”emulsifier” .

Emulsifier - A substance which can be used to produce an emulsion out of two liquids that normally cannot be mixed together (such as oil and water). Emulsifiers are common in foods to maintain consistency within puddings, powders, etc.

Then I looked up ”Polydimethylsiloxane” & I found

POLYDIMETHYLSILOXANE
http://apps3.fao.org/jecfa/additive_specs/docs/0/additive-0312.htm

Then while reading the page I found it interesting in that it is "Insoluble in water and in ethanol".

Solubility - Insoluble in water and in ethanol; “soluble” in carbon tetrachloride, benzene, chloroform, diethyl ether, toluene and other organic solvents.

Ethanol - [n] the intoxicating agent in fermented and distilled liquors; used pure or denatured as a solvent or in medicines and colognes and cleaning solutions and rocket fuel.

FUNCTIONAL USES Antifoaming agent, anti-caking agent.

Cake - [n] a block of solid substance.

Now, if you read into it & realize that many food companies use "emulsifiers", & the fact that 1 of the uses of ”Polydimethylsiloxane” is as an "anti-caking" agent, in other words to keep individual "pieces" of food from gluing themselves together, then you might conclude that it is many other food manufactures that use this "chemical" for the same purpose (emulsifier, anti-caking agent).

However, it looks like the "Pizza Hut" patent is patenting the "idea" that they can spray independent pieces of "shredded cheese" w/ this substance & while covering it with a diluted solution of this "chemical", the resultant coated cheese pieces now magically become "non-reactive" to the "tomato sauce" underneath in the "pizza". Thus it improves the "shelf life" of the product, since it is not going to chemically react w/ the "tomato sauce". Now, the scary part about this, besides the fact that as the author of the article points out is,

1) Polydimethylsiloxane breaks down into “formaldehyde” when subjected to heat in excess of 150 degrees centigrade. Then further,

Formaldehyde has been classified as a human carcinogen (cancer-causing substance) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

2) Because ”Polydimethylsiloxane” is "insoluble in water" & in "ethanol", however "soluble" in "carbon tetrachloride, benzene, chloroform, diethyl ether, toluene and other organic solvents,"

Now imagine what ”Polydimethylsiloxane” does to our bodies when ingested. I most likely causes the body to produce an incredible amount of "acid" to be able to "break down" the ”Polydimethylsiloxane”. And thus, this might be the reason some of us we get "acid reflux" just after eating pizza.

Conclusion: Not only might ”Polydimethylsiloxane” cause cancer indirectly from consumption of any "baked" food product containing this additive, for whatever the reason, but it might also cause "acid reflux" now considered a "disease".

Thank God for "Freedom Of Speech"...
8-)
Old 02-25-2006, 03:31 PM

Sounds like one more type of food I'll be permanently abstaining from. Everytime I've ate pizza, I had some serious acid reflux, and I've usually bought my pizza from other places than Pizza Hut. :-?
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 03-09-2006, 04:18 PM

Let me blow this thing out of the water really quick because this has gotten a little out of hand. First of all silicon does contain any formaldehyde, but it does convert into at extremely high temperatures, i.e. refineries, not ovens or pans. They add a small amount of a silicon emulsion that is perfectly legal in many canned foods we eat. Does any body know what Pam is? It is a silicon polymer. Also your body does not break it down. It is way too big to be absorbed into cell walls or broken down, if anything it would in large quantities would give you diarrhea. A silicon emulsion is water and polydimethylsiloxane and an emulsifier. Typically a dose rate as a food additive is around 10ppm. So even if you body produced more acid it would not be enough for you to notice. You get reflux because tomatoes in the sauce are high in acid. Do not listen to the hype, and just know that there are no studies in the years since the breast implant days that have linked cancer to silicon. BTW I am a chemist so don’t question my sources.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:48 PM

I don't give a damn about your sources and never give me orders about what I can question. I do not eat the crap anyway. BTW you can eat as much as you want mine fuhrer.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:11 AM

Das ist nich geschickte, that's mein feurher, I. Was essen wir heute?