Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Resources > Share the knowledge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2005, 07:17 AM

Default TEACHING CHILDREN ABOUT GOD

I'm wondering if you can do me a favor?
In your spare time, can you read this:
www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Jehovah?Little.Children.Come.to.me.html

I would likt to basically hear your opinion about when to teach a child about God, how early in their age, and the whole right and wrong thing.

I am not comfortable with this parent and her ways. But then again, my parents never pushed and pushed and pushed the whole Jesus, God, Christian thing in our face, so I didn't have that over my head all the time.

Please, again, let me say--this is not anything against the Christian faith.

Hope you'll take a moment. Thanx.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: TEACHING CHILDREN ABOUT GOD

My kids and god.........hmmmmmmmmm

Jesus loves the little children is a fav song to warm up my voice. Ochtave by ochtave.

I'm not a regular church attender at all. Once in a blew moon is about right for me.

They ask questions and I answer them honestly at a level I feel they understand. I teach them God created everything and the devil is a man made entity. He only exists in people's minds. He has no true home on God's green earth.

I teach them all babies come from heaven and go back to heaven. God loves us no matter what and he will always give you the opportunity to take the right road. God gave us the free will to choose the wrong road.

Heaven nor hell is a threat. I don't buy into that shit. I do say, God'll getcha if your goin wrong. He'll trip you up and try and set you on the right path.

As for J.C. He's my hero. I don't think he is God himself but God surely favored him- he was some speacialhuman being. I don't appreciate the church's choice of symbolism and brainwashing techniques. The crucifix is a fearfulsymbol - not good in my eyes. It's like they are advertising, "Accept being punished."

A dove would have been a much greater symbol and choice in my mind. When you have complete faith in God, your spirit is free. Anything is possible with God's help. J.C. is like God's divine spirit embodied in a man to me, I guess.

I truly believe that he performed the miracles that he did, with God's helping and guiding hand. Was he God himself? Why would he cry out to his father?

I have next to no faith in organised religion. I don't know if that is good or bad. I do not trust the representation of the Bible whatsoever. The church has been corrupted/been in business for a very long time.

These are the values I pass onto my children - my faith.