Old 12-13-2006, 03:49 AM

Default Today, 13.12.06, Large Tsunami Shock Wave Ocurred again on the Sun

Today, 13.12.06, Large Tsunami Shock Wave Ocurred again on the Sun

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

Old 12-13-2006, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Today, 13.12.06, Large Tsunami Shock Wave Ocurred again on the Sun

Warning for those in the Southern Hemisphere

Hi Guys,

Just a warning for all fellow Kiwis and aussies here in this forum.

My eldest child is a surfie, so she is out in the sun and surf for hrs at a time.... hrs. A very sunsmart kid.

Yesterday she went to surf with a friend.. and was only out in the afternoon sun (from 1pm) for 3 hrs, with sunscreen on.

Last night I was in A&E with her most of the night. She got so badly burnt that she has second degree burns all over the exposed parts of her body.. particularly on her thighs. It was so bad that the doc had to give her an injection of pethadine.

This on a day that was not even particularly hot.

I was totally shocked, so was she. As I said this kid is out in the surf and sun all the time.. although not for the past 4 weeks due to school finals.

She has a darker olive coloured skin like myself, which comes from Italian and irish heritage. Generally speaking my family does not get sun burnt at all, we just go darker brown. She is totally scarlet, like a boiled lobster... no kidding. I have never in all her life (18 yrs), seen her red at all, let alone as red as this.

Something is definately up with our sun. So take this as a warning to make sure that you guys use heaps and heaps of sunscreen if you are going to be out, and constantly reapply it.

It is not safe out there anymore.

What's more, the doc told me that he has seen several people like my babe in the past few days.

Be aware, and please be extra sunwise guys.

Cheers
Marianne

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?messageid=316744&showdate=12/13/06
Old 12-13-2006, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Today, 13.12.06, Large Tsunami Shock Wave Ocurred again on the Sun

Try using some sunscreen. There is nothing wrong with the sun. It is monitored at all times by one of the alphabet agencies. So once again SEC is rumor-mongering and creating panic among the masses.

That needs to stop SEC. Right now. Your value to the board as a comic has no value. Start doing your research or resign.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Sunspot Cycles & Their Influence On Human History

Sunspot Cycles & Their Influence On Human History

http://www.michaelmandeville.com/earthmonitor/cosmos/solarwind/Sunspot_Cycles_Influence_Human_History.htm

http://www.halexandria.org/dward111.htm
Old 12-13-2006, 07:06 AM
The Shadow Knows!

Default Re: Sunspot Cycles & Their Influence On Human History

Mindless hysteria

Quote:
A major flare on the Sun earlier this week generated what scientists are calling a solar tsunami.

The tsunami-like shock wave, formally called a Moreton wave, rolled across the hot surface, destroying two visible filaments of cool gas on opposite sides of the visible face of the Sun.

Astronomers using a prototype of a new solar telescope in New Mexico recorded the action.

"These large scale 'blast' waves occur infrequently, however, are very powerful," said K. S. Balasubramaniam of the National Solar Observatory (NSO) in Sunspot, NM, "They quickly propagate in a matter of minutes covering the whole Sun, sweeping away filamentary material."

It is unusual to see such an event from a ground-based observatory, Balasubramaniam said. And it was also unusual that it occurred near solar minimum, when the Sun is at its least active during an 11-year cycle.

But solar activity can come at any time. Flares like this one are spawned by sunspots, which are dark, cool regions that cap magnetic activity below. When the caps pop, colossal doses of superheated matter and radiation are unleashed.

Sunspot 929 began kicking up flares Tuesday, when a major X-9 event was detected by a space-based observatory.

When another flare erupted Wednesday, the NSO's Optical Solar Patrol Network (OSPAN) was watching.

A shock wave propagated like the splash from a rock thrown into a pond. This was seen as a brightening from compressed and heated hydrogen gas. Astronomers enhanced the contrast of the images to bring out the detail, and they created an animation of the event.

Later, the shock wave swept across two dark filaments widely seprated on the solar surface, and they disappeared for a few minutes. Scientists are unsure whether the filaments were blown off or were compressed so they were temporarily invisible, according to an NSO statement.

Forecasters say there is a 40 percent chance of more major flares through this weekend. Skywatchers in Alaska, Canada and the very northernmost United States should be on the lookout for colorful Northern Lights generated by the space storminess.