Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > New World Order > Other NWO topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: MIND CONTROL AND THE MUSIC INDUSTRY

Like I said, Springsteen's tickets aren't expensive.

Some of Bon Jovi's seats are $88.00. Someone on BTX replied that seats are going for $300.00. Bon Jovi fans will probably pay that price.

Springsteen doesn't sell out his venues because his ticket prices are too high, but because he is not as popular as other artists of his caliber.

Or, do you worshippers place Springsteen in a class of his own?

I do. He attracts a certain kind of person. Not appealing to a wide audience.

Springsteen's cash cow days are long gone.

Use you up and spit you out.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:24 PM

Springsteen tickets eBay fury for fans

Questions asked after record sell-out for Belfast gig

Thursday, September 06, 2007

By Maureen Coleman

Organisers of Bruce Springsteen's winter concert in Belfast today moved to quell anger among fans who were left empty-handed after tickets sold out in a record-breaking eight minutes.

Fans attempting to purchase their tickets online when they went on sale at 9am were furious to discover that they had all gone by the time they were due to be released - yet dozens appeared almost immediately on eBay, selling for up to treble the price.

And queues of would-be concert-goers hoping to see The Boss at the Odyssey Arena on December 15 were turned away from retail outlets shortly after 9am.

Several disappointed online bidders contacted the Belfast Telegraph to express their frustration that tickets were being sold on eBay for anything from £100 to £250 each.

South Belfast woman, Ann Gorman, logged onto Ticketmaster's website at 8.45am, but was told tickets would not be available until 9am.

Precisely 15 minutes later she attempted to buy tickets, only to be told they were all sold out. But she was angry to discover that tickets were immediately selling on eBay for two and three times the price.

"I said I would get tickets for my nephew but then decided to go to the gig myself as well," she said.

"I know it was 9am, because the news had just started, and yet I was told the tickets had all sold out. But there they were on eBay for £200.

"I can't understand how so many tickets were sold when they were only supposed to be on sale at 9am. I'm curious to find out how this happened and how many tickets were actually made available online by Ticketmaster.

"Bruce Springsteen is very much a man of the people and I'm sure he wouldn't be too pleased to hear that so many of his fans weren't able to get tickets to see him in concert."

Seasoned gig-goer David Spence also attempted to buy tickets online but was unable to do so.

Mr Spence, a teacher at Portadown College, said: "This would have been the ninth time I was going to get to see him.

"I've been to about 50 gigs and I'm well used to buying tickets online. I was at a high-speed computer at 8.55am, continuously refreshing the page until 9am, when I tried to buy four tickets.

"I was told there were no tickets left, so tried again, this time for two. But it still came up that all the tickets had gone.

"What I want to know is how 10,000 tickets could sell out by 9am. I know it's one of only two gigs he is doing in the UK, but I was on the ball immediately and if anyone was going to get a ticket, it would have been me.

"How many tickets did Ticketmaster actually make available to the public or were some held back for corporates? It's very frustrating."

A spokeswoman for the Odyssey Arena said, as with all its events, tickets had been made available to simultaneously purchase by a number of methods - the Arena box office in person or by phone, almost 100 Ticketmaster outlets, credit card booking and online via Ticketmaster.

She said that many people had opted to buy online and like phone lines, the web could only cater for a limited number of users at one time.

"The high demand for tickets this morning meant that from 9am, when the event went on sale, as well as queues at the Arena Box office, Ticketmaster outlets, on phone lines, there were several thousand Internet users in a queue online.

"With the Odyssey Arena being one of only two UK and Ireland shows Bruce Springsteen will be playing this year, it was always expected to sell out quickly, which unfortunately means some fans will be left disappointed.

"The concert in fact sold out in eight minutes, which equates to over 20 tickets per second and more than 1,000 per minute."

Commenting on the sell-out gig, Odyssey Arena's chief executive, Nicky Dunn, said: "We are delighted that the Odyssey Arena concert is one of only two shows Springsteen will be playing this year in the UK and Ireland.

"As a result a huge number of visitors from across Ireland, parts of the UK as well as European cities such as Madrid and Barcelona, will be travelling to Belfast for their idol."

Prior to the Springsteen concert, the record sell-out was 15 minutes for Oasis in July 2005.

-------------------------------------------------

So, why is it that Springsteen tickets are so hard to come by on Ticketmaster and other outlets?

Is the quick sell-out all about hype?

A tactic to attract interest as if he's the hottest ticket in town.

Is it because they are bought up by brokers before they are on-sale to the public and then sold for higher prices on EBay and through other independent sources?

Let's see what's available on EBAY for Bon Jovi?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:52 PM

A poster at BTX says that he loves having Scialfa in the band.

I don't think this poster is a band member, but the way he stated the above sure sounds as if he thinks he is.

My opinion is that Scialfa's latest CD, including some of the songs on her earlier two CDs speak to her own infidelities/temptations just as many of Springsteen's songs speak to his infidelities and sexually deviant behavior.

Have to wonder about Scialfa, as well.

She drank a lot of Tequila in order to bring out the flirtatious GIRL who was sending signals.

In one of her other CD's, think it is 23rd Street Lullaby, one song speaks about her love interest with a BOY.

Why didn't you just have Springsteen perform some "mind control" magic and call out one of your alters?

Come on! How old are you? Aren't you the mother of three?

Oh, yeah. I forgot that doesn't matter. No sexual inhibitions when you;re in the cult. Besides, the children have been exposed to it since birth.

Back to the daughter wearing the "red-headed" t-shirt, public affair with Springsteen, pregnant with his child while he was married to Julianne, asking, "no foreplay" during an interview, standing on stage while your husband sings "red-headed woman" and all of the other sexually deviant songs and lyrics about his other love interests (male and female; little girls); draping yourself on your bed in such a weird manner in the People Magazine story and basically just accepting it all.

Are Clarence and Springsteen still romantically involved?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:08 PM

The Fuse
Bruce Springsteen

Down at the court house they're ringin' the flag down
Long black line of cars snakin' slow through town
Red sheets snappin' on the line
With this ring will you be mine
The fuse is burning
Shut out the lights
The fuse is burning
Come on let me do you right

Trees on fire with the first fall's frost
Long black line in front of Holy Cross
Blood moon risin' in a sky of black dust
Tell me Baby who do you trust?
The fuse is burning
Shut out the lights
The fuse is burning

Tires on the highway hissin' that something's coming
You can feel the wires in the tree tops hummin'
Devil's on the horizon line
Your skin and I'm alive

Quiet afternoon in the empty house
On the edge of the bed you slip off your blouse
The room is burning with the noon sun
Your bittersweet taste on my tongue
The fuse is burning
Shut out the lights
The fuse is burning

A poster at BTX comments about the song, "The Fuse."

I’ve long considered The Fuse, along with Paradise (see my extensive post about the latter here http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?p=545891&highlight=paradise#545891 ) to be the forgotten masterpiece of the The Rising album.

A masterpiece is never forgotten. It is recognized as such. If not, then it isn't a masterpiece.

Not only is it one of the few Bruce songs (despite his claims to the contrary) to in fact be about sex, but it also has some of the man’s best apocalyptic imagery and one of his most subtle characters in years.

Springsteen claims the song isn't about sex??? Well then why is it about sex??? Oh, yes, one of Springsteen's most subtle characters in years makes an appearance in this song. Or do you mean one of his alters?

I’m just going to do a straight interpretation here- the lyrics are certainly confusing enough!

A straight interpretation, you say. What else is there? A crooked one? By all means, proceed. With such confusing lyrics, how could the interpretation be straight?

I’d love to hear your views on other aspects of the song as well though.

The song is basically about, I think, passionate (physical) love in the face of the coming apocalypse (presumably set right after 9/11). These characters are not living in the future: the end of the world is about to arrive (Devil’s on the horizon line). But harking back to Nebraska (just make sure my pretty baby is sitting right there on my lap), the narrator of this song doesn’t care about the future, the world, his life. He has given up- now he wants immediate, sexual satisfaction: a last hurrah of sorts, I suppose.

Sounds just like Springsteen. Doesn't care about anything except immediate, sexual satisfaction. So, if the end of the world is coming because the Devil is on the horizon line, what's happening when Springsteen says the devil is snappin' at his heels or in the mailbox? Just a little visit?

Down at the court house they're ringin' the flag down
Long black line of cars snakin' slow through town

Images of death and defeat- Bruce doesn’t beat the listener over the head with full-blown apocalypse imagery yet.

Oh, please. Springsteen spares the listener from beating them over the head with full-blown apocalyptic imagery at this point. Jeez. I don't think they'd survive if he didn't. Just confusing lyrics, depressing, and, as per usual, finding a way to incorporate sex.

The man takes great pains to explain his cryptic/confusing/non-sensical songs with psychobabble that explain nothing, but when a song is clearly about sex, he says that it is not. Go figure! I mean, certainly the theme of this song is SEX and all the other words are filler. It's Springsteen's MO for most of his songs which basically always revert to sex as the theme. Gets pretty boring!

They’re ringing the flag down- surrendering, perhaps, or at the least pulling the banner to half mast to recognize the deceased. The second line clearly connotes a funeral.

Clearly in this song, there is one line that is CLEAR, the poster says. Half-clear. Not all funerals consist of black cars.

Long black line of cars snakin' slow through town.

Red sheets snappin' on the line
With this ring will you be mine
The fuse is burning
Shut out the lights
The fuse is burning

A rather dark call to live in the moment (sexually and otherwise- “with this ring will you be mine” seems to be basically the narrator ensuring that he’ll have accomplished the marriage before his own funeral). The fuse is burning- that is to say, time is running out- so shut out the light- meaning, as Bruce would put it, will you pull your pants down.

A rather dark call to live in the moment??? HUH??? Oh, yeah, real dark. My goodness, this song just encompasses such emotion about the character, I just can't contain my tears. So, he'll be getting married right before he dies. NICE!!! As usual, as Springsteen would put it, will you pull your pants down. He's 58 and still asking this of other women/little girls? I wonder if his kids think he's a sex maniac???

Trees on fire with the first fall's frost
Long black line in front of Holy Cross
Blood moon risin' in a sky of black dust
Tell me Baby who do you trust?
The fuse is burning
Shut out the lights
The fuse is burning

This imagery is less about death alone, and more apocalyptic. Trees are burning, even as the temperature drops, perhaps from a terrorist attack, perhaps spontaneously- maybe even) metaphorically. The point is, things are happening which are unnatural and unexpected (at least in the narrator’s mind. Many turn to religion as a last refuge (“long black line in front of Holy Cross”), but, the narrator points out, this seems to have no effect (“Blood moon risin’ in a sky of black dust” is a very apocalyptical 9/11 reference [the black dust], and although the actually Blood Moon, or Hunter’s Moon did not rise that year until Halloween, the line is rife with non-specific dark imagery.) This line also shows that the narrator is not alone in his fear of the inclement end of times. Whom should she trust, asks the narrator, the Church, which has already failed? Or me, instinct, yourself? The fuse is burning- there’s not much time left. Let me do you right.

Oh, please, he asks whom she trusts because the church has already failed. Oh, yep. I see that line right there in the song. The church has failed. Give me a break. It all comes down to the fuse is burning, let Springsteen do you right.

Tires on the highway hissin' that something's coming
You can feel the wires in the tree tops hummin'
You can feel it in the air that the end is near-

even ordinary occurrences like tires hissing on the highway and telephone wires seem suspicious and omen-like.

Devil's on the horizon line
Your skin and I'm alive

The Devil is on the horizon line- the narrator is sure that the end is just around the corner, and we will all be dead. And yet, your skin, indeed, any skin- the act of sex makes the narrator feel more alive than ever- indeed, sex in the face of the apocalypse feels almost like a victory.

The end is near but this guy's thinking about having sex. Oh, yeah. Real logical. You mean sex in the face of the Devil and not the apocalypse, don't you?

Humans’ ability to gain happiness from one another precludes everything, even their imminent destruction. This line (and, indeed, the whole song) harks back to 1992- The Fuse is a reconsideration and expansion, with the hindsight of 9/11, of the ideas expressed as “here’s to our wide destruction/baby let me be your soul driver.”

Oh, yeah, this song harks back to "here's to our wide destruction /baby let me be your soul driver." Certainly, I see the connection.

Like I've said, if a song has too much imagery and too many cryptic lyrics that it loses it's meaning (if it ever had one) and has to be interpreted to this degree, forget about it. Who wants to sit around wondering what Springsteen is talking about? His die hard fans, perhaps. If a listener doesn't get the meaning, the music doesn't move them on the first listen, second listen, it isn't going to be a hit.

Quiet afternoon in the empty house
An ostensibly average, meaningless day
On the edge of the bed you slip off your blouse
The room is burning with the noon sun
Your bittersweet taste on my tongue
Sex.
The fuse is burning
Shut out the lights
The fuse is burning

So, now the all of a sudden it's a quiet afternoon in an empty house; a meaningless day. What happened to the end of the world? Yep. You got it. SEX!!

The narrator knows better than to be drawn in by the quiet of the afternoon, or the heat of the noon sun- he knows what is about to happen (or at least thinks he does- he is, like the rest of America, feeling rather paranoid about the future after the attacks of September 11th). The fuse is burning- come on let me do you right.

At this point, you're not interpreting. You're adding a story to a song that didn't have a story to begin with. The narrator is like the rest of America?? Where do you get this from? Your vivid imagination??? He's paranoid after the attacks, but, in his paranoia, he still wants to do her right. One trick pony! One track mind! What a tool you are!! Maybe you ought to just write Springsteen's songs for him.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:33 PM

WOW! I think I needed an editor for the last post.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:53 AM

In an interview of the Italian edition of "Vanity Fair" Scialfa said "The Word" is about how her father was never able to show her the love he had for her. And that she felt betrayed when he died but that with time she understood that she must accept others as they are or their limits.

-----------------------------------------------

Maybe someone ought to tell Scialfa that there is no LAW requiring that she accept others as they are or their limits.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:41 AM

Within an article on this thread that contains a review of Springsteen's MAGIC CD, the writer says that "My City of Ruins," was written before 911 or before "The Rising" CD on which it is contained.

On "The Rising" lyric sheet it indicates all songs copyrighted 2002; however one can assume that the copyright date is not always the same as the date the song was written.

-----------------------------------------------
CORRECTION:

I indicated on this thread that Springsteen co-wrote "Countin' on a Miracle" with Joe Grushecky. That is incorrect. On "The Essential" CD, it is written that he co-wrote "Code of Silence" with Grushecky in the winter of '97.

It is written in "The Essential" CD that Springsteen played the country blues version of "Countin' on a Miracle."
Old 09-15-2007, 02:32 PM

Is Springsteen a rip-off artist as well as his handlers within the music industry?

Seems another track on the Magic CD, "Long Walk Home," sounds similar to Soul Asylum's, "Runaway Train."

We know that Springsteen and The E Street Band don't corroborate together with writing lyrics or composing the music.

They learn their respective parts; fly in separately and together to the studio to record.

Or, do they?

Seems they rehearse before every tour.

So, what's the scoop?

Where does the music come from?

P.S. It would have been more creative had Scialfa not used the name of a book for the title of her CD.

----------------------------------------------

There are many hardcore fans who complain about the quality of the DVDs that are produced for various Springsteen shows by his staff.

Dark, quick cuts and too much focus on Springsteen's face.

It's said that Springsteen approves all and is a perfectionist.

Well, the perfectionism certainly doesn't show.

Perhaps there is much focus on his face because if they focused on his guitar you wouldn't see much.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:34 PM

Springsteen puts on very long shows, according to his fans.

Maybe the reason for this is due to the fact that he sings long, drawn out versions of various songs and incorporates preaching into his performances, as well.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:01 PM

Yep. The Magic CD hasn't been released yet, but every last song on it is a classic according to some fans.

This particular line in one of the songs really has them excited:

"Pour me a drink, Theresa, and I'll watch the bones in your back like the Stations of the Cross."

Yes. Just lovely.

Wonderful imagery.

Or, this bridge in the song, "Last to Die" seems to be the best Springsteen has ever done, according to one of his fanatics.

He asks, is it just me?

Yep. It's just you.

The sun sets in flames as the city burns
Another day gone down as the night turns"

To the heart-wrenching follow-up

"And I hold you here in my heart
As things fall apart"

---------------------------------------------

Another city burning.

Another failed love interest.

Maybe Springsteen should have named this CD, "Bleeding Heart."