Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > New World Order > Other NWO topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: MIND CONTROL AND THE MUSIC INDUSTRY

This is a most PATHETIC analogy of the song "Born to Run" and what it represented at the time:

Born to Run is deemed the 7th most perfect song according to British pop glossy Q.

"Born to Run is a song that struggles to be contained in just four and a half minutes. Epic in every sense of the word, Springsteen's hymn to a lost America crams in all the bombast and melodrama of a Hollywood blockbuster. Yet it's a song full of honest emotion. Written at a time when his career was in free fall and with the world around him in turmoil, Born to Run sounds as if Springsteen means every word.

Springsteen's hymn to a lost America??? He never once mentions America. He mentions a town that rips the bones from your back. He refers to himself and Wendy as tramps. Together they can break the trap, one day they'll walk in the sun, but until then, Tramps Like Us Baby we were Born to Run. Give me a break!! Oh, poor thing, the world around him was in turmoil. What was happening?

By 1974 America had lost faith in itself. The nation was in the grip of an energy crisis, was losing the war in Vietnam and reeling from the Watergate scandal. Meanwhile Springsteen's first two albums had failed to sell. He coined the phrase Born to Run believing it to be the name of a film he'd once seen and because it reflected the "cinematic drama" he wanted to create. In Springsteen's film he and his girl, Wendy, played doomed lovers. And inspired by his recent purchase of a '57 Chevy, he voiced the character's desire to flee their mundane existence and brought hope to an America overshadowed by fear and uncertainty".

Oh, yep. Born to Run addresses the faith that America had lost in herself, the nations' energy crisis, the war in Vietnam and the Watergate scandal. I guess that's why he mentions all of these in the song. Get real! He coined the phrase Born to Run BELIEVING it to be the name of a film he'd once seen??? He doesn't remember? Any films by the name Born to Run? This writer refers to the song "Born to Run" as a film. He and Wendy brought hope to America in this song because Springsteen voiced the character's desire to flee their mundane existence. Oh, please!!!!Real hope in the line, "I wanna die with you Wendy, on the streets tonight." Yes, such a hopeful song!! Get your head examined.

Not to shabby considering Born to Run is listed amongst Billie Holiday's Strange Fruit, Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah, Lou Reed's Perfect Day and the Beach Boys'classic God Only Knows.

I'd say this writer's review is pretty shabby and a bunch of psychobabble.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Maybe this is the movie that Springsteen BELIEVES his song "Born to Run" was based upon.

Does he have long-term memory loss?

Does he have dementia?

He doesn't remember what provoked him to write a song about Wendy?

I guess it's because in the end as Springsteen says, "you have to look at a song and not know where it came from."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/movie/4218/moviemain.jhtml
Old 09-18-2007, 01:12 PM

Patti Scialfa facts:

David Sancious & Tone

In August 1974 Sancious and Carter left the E Street Band and formed their own band Tone with Gerald Carboy (bass). At various times the band would feature Patti Scialfa, Gayle Moran (from Return To Forever and The Mahavishnu Orchestra), and future Santana vocalist Alex Ligertwood. Springsteen encouraged Sancious in his solo career and made sure music executives heard his demos, leading to a contract with Epic Records.

Obviously, Springsteen and Scialfa go way back. Back to when she was a teenager. Maybe even when she was a "little girl."

Barney's

Beginning in the late 1990s, Patti made this New York City department store her home away from home. According to rumor, she has told friends she is unconcerned with how her patronage of the upscale retailer will reflect on the blue-collar image of her husband (rock legend Bruce Springsteen), reportedly stating "Like those douchebag fans of his will cut me a break anyway!". She was also heard to remark, "The guy's a freakin' multi-millionaire! Where do these overgrown children expect him to shop? Wal-mart?", finally adding, "Is there anything sadder than a bunch of overweight, balding, middle-aged guys with a case of hero worship? I mean, get a life!".

WOW!! Scialfa doesn't care about Springsteen's blue-collar worker image. Does anyone really think Springsteen is a blue-collar worker or a hero for the blue-collar worker? If they do, I suggest they stop drinking the Bruce Kool-aid. Sounds as if Scialfa doesn't like having to play "pretend." Funny, she calls the fans, middle-aged, overweight, balding guys. No mention of females. I wonder if she's looked at her husband lately. What does she think he is? Not balding. Not middle-aged. Any less pathetic than his fans???

One poster says, Scialfa has one sweet hiney almost as if he's experienced it personally.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:52 PM

Rehearsal again today with the E Street Band.

It was just so interesting and exciting for some of the fans to watch Springsteen pose for photographs next to a vintage car possibly for a future cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE!

Everyone reads that!!

He even posed against the railing with the ocean behind him.

My!

Incredible.

Rolling Stone was taking photographs of Springsteen for a possible future cover of their magazine.

Like I said, incredible.

I wonder how they kept the crowd contained.

Springsteen must be really excited.

Afterall, being on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine is such an honor.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 PM

LOOK!!

Their hero was indirectly mentioned at the EMMY's.

Or, maybe their Daddy is more like it.

I really do think they're waiting for him to receive some type of recognition by the world at large for this "heroic" label they place upon him and know not why.

They just wish everyone would LOVE him the way that they do.

I wonder why?

Is it because they need validation for their sick "obsession?"

----------------------------------------------

When the Sopranos won for best drama, David Chase thanked the Jersey music scene for their inspirationan and especially certain people (or certain people's music) that Little Stevie introduced him to..It was obvious he was referring to Bruce Springsteen! I can only think of one time a Bruce song was used in the Sopranos..It was when Tony was listening to tapes from an F.B.I. agent of what his own mother had said about him.. Anyone remember what song it was??? Also, when I looked online it said Bruce's State Trooper was used once in the show... Was this where?

Can you believe it? Springsteen's music was used several times on a show about organized crime in New Jersey?? David Chase thanked certain people that Little Stevie introduced him to. OH, my. OH, my. He must have been referring to THE BOSS man.

Again, incredible!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:12 PM

Joel Selvin's (SF Chronicle) Review Of Play It As It Lays

"Patti Scialfa might be taken more seriously if she were not Mrs. Bruce Springsteen. Her records belong up there with Rosanne Cash, Emmylou Harris - any of the female rock auteurs of the day. Her third album, "Play It as It Lays," is a concise, 10-song set that clocks in at fewer than 40 minutes without a wasted moment. She's got a gift for pungent lyrics twisted around swampy, soulful grooves. Her husband adds some instrumental parts, but there are no George-and-Tammy moments. Scialfa can be sexy and light or resolute and scornful with equal authority - a grown-up woman searching for signs of life around her. In its solemnity of purpose, its dedication to her singular voice as a performer, "Play It as It Lays" is anything but a vanity project for a rock star's wife. Unfortunately, that's pretty much how it will be seen." - Joel Selvin, September 16, 2007

----------------------------------------------

Oh, come now! Excuses. Excuses. Oh, yes, Scialfa has an impeccable voice, great guitar player, but because she's married to Springsteen, people won't notice her latest CD, "Play it as it Lays" as a work of art, but only as a vanity project for a rock star's wife.

Actually, Scialfa has way too many back-up singers and when used in the song "Like Any Woman Would," they just sound really corny. Whatever diddy they're repeating just sounds really corny. Scialfa never gets her songs off the ground. You keep waiting for her to break loss, but she doesn't.

Scialfa also does this thing where she gasps for air while she is singing.

Very distracting.

Yep. That's about how people see Faith Hill, isn't it? A vanity project for a famous country singer's wife. Why does Patti Scialfa need to be taken more seriously??? If her music were good, she would be. Excuses, excuses. I guess that's why Patti joined the E Street Band as a back up singer. I mean, the record companies were all over her, huh???
Old 09-18-2007, 08:02 PM

Patti Scialfa was singing in bars at the age of 15. She's been in and around the music industry for a very long time. She's 53 or so.

She was a back-up singer for the Stones.

She joined the E Street Band as a back-up singer in her 30's.

Do you think the music mobsters just missed an incredible talent?

Right?

That's not what they look for, is it?

You don't have to be incredible; just enough talent; looks, sex appeal, stage presence for them to work with; enhance.

Obviously, she doesn't have it.

She's been with Springsteen for 20 years.

During this time, don't you think being married to him would have been publicity for her career/talent if she had what it takes to be famous in her own right?

THEY'RE BOTH IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. IT'S NOT LIKE THE MOBSTERS DON'T KNOW WHO SHE IS.

It's obvious she doesn't display much talent in her role with the E Street Band.

Her talent isn't enough to give her the boost she needs to make it as a solo artist in her own right, so the blame is shifted to being Springsteen's wife; living in his shadow.

Just call a spade a spade already.

I assume Scialfa didn't have the foresight to know that she sabotaged her career when she had an affair with Springsteen; was with child while he was married and then wed.

Obviously, she didn't realize that marrying Springsteen would deter her from super stardom in the music industry.

It's the other way around. I highly doubt that anyone would know who she was musically if she wasn't married to Springsteen.

He's in the business, this should have been her rise to fame if she was truly the talented artist that so many want us to believe that she is.

Those are the facts.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:02 AM

Why are people so stuck on Elivs?

There is something morbid about worshipping a dead guy the way people worship Elvis.

Obviously, Elvis' career was in decline.

Obviously, he's generated more money dead than he probably would have alive.

Last night on ABC's Elivs special, Patti Scialfa performed her song, "Looking for Elvis."

I'm wondering.

Did she know about this upcoming special and write this song so that she might have her time in the SPOTLIGHT as the Springsteen fanatics refer to it.

Elvis was entertainment.

Another "false" hero worship of a DEAD GUY!

I don't remember what she said when describing what her song meant, but certainly the ENTIRE song is not about Elivs.

Don't tell me "I'm standing when I'm on the floor," a line from her song.

Seems she follows the same MO as Springsteen. There always has to be an explanation about her songs, which make no sense, and the theme doesn't stick.

Before the commercial break the narrator said Patti Scialfa would be performing together with Bruce Springsteen.

HUH???

Oh, the mystery.

Springsteen's mouth was seen on the harmonica or bullet mic.

One posters says Springsteen new it was Patti's song and her time in the spotlight and stayed in the background.

HUH???

What is it with this talk about how Springsteen allows Patti her time in the spotlight?

Like, what was he going to do while they recorded this song for the special?

Jump out in front of her?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:11 AM

"Trust none of what you hear
and less of what you see"

A line from Springsteen's Magic song.

A poster seriously thinks this is a DIG AT BUSH.

They grasp at straws to know that their hero is what they think he is, when he is not.

Another poster states:

With this song, and some others on the album, Springsteen has returned to a earlier style of placing political points subtly into the songs. The reference to truthiness can be seen in the line:

"So leave everything you know
Carry only what you fear"

That's a political point?? Say what you mean and mean what you say. If it's open to interpretation, it doesn't carry concrete meaning.

By convincing the public to make decisions based emotional responses such as fear, a politician (guess who) can trick them like a magician.

Yep and a musician who practices "mind control" on his fans can trick and string them along just like a politician, always looking for him to fulfill those promises and say what he means in his lyrics.

It is known in politics that people are more motivated by fear than optimism, and hence the emphasis on negative campaigning and scaremongering. This can allow politicians to justify the erosion of freedoms and the committing of atrocities.

Oh, that vivid imagination just leaves you wandering like a ghost amongst the trees. Thank goodness Springsteen has interpreters working for him.

"And the freedom that you sought
Driftin' like a ghost amongst the trees"
Old 09-19-2007, 08:17 AM

PATTI SCIALFA Play It As It Lays (Columbia)

On her third solo album, Patti Scialfa whose work will likely never achieve the critical attention it deserves because she's so easily dismissed as Bruce Springsteen's wife manages a neat fusion of gospel, country blues, swampy rockabilly, Nashville soul and 1960s girl-group pop on a set of 10 original songs that provide evidence of a true artist with lots of interesting things to say. Beautifully arranged and elegantly performed by crack session musicians (including a wonderful string section and Springsteen on organ), these songs are melodically and lyrically inventive, and give Scialfa plenty of room to display her considerable vocal skills. Top track: "Looking For Elvis," for its wide-eyed invocation of possibility.

Greg Quill

-------------------------------------------------

Here we go again.

Always the excuse first. Her work will be dismissed because she's Springsteen's wife.

Now the fluff!!

"Looking for Elvis" if the top track according to this review, for its wide-eyed invocation of possibility.

Oh, yes.

The possibilities.