Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > What is really going on? > The War in Iraq
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: US Casualties: An Email From US Soldier Stationed At Abu Ghraib Prison

Hey True, you said Shits, not Shiites! haha! :-P

:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 04-24-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: US Casualties: An Email From US Soldier Stationed At Abu Ghraib Prison

An accident I assure.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:00 AM

Default US Casualties Put At Double Official Figures.

I still say the official figure is not that far off but I'm sure we'll know the true number eventually.

----------------------------------------------------
[size=mediaum]Coverup of the Number of US Soldiers Killed in Iraq[/size]

by Jesus Davila

July 12, 2005
El Diario (Puerto Rico) and the Coastal Post

Email this article to a friend
Print this article

Official US. government reports on soldiers under US command killed in Iraq are so fragmented that they account for less than half of the total number, according to information uncovered as part of an inquiry by the Government of Puerto Rico regarding the total number of Puerto Rican war casualties.

This analysis was confirmed by El Diario/La Prensa's review of multiple documents, including official reports issued by the US Department of Defense, the Iraqi Ministry of the Interior and more than 230 battlefront reports, which reveal that more than 4,076 troops under US command have been killed in 799 days of battle.

This information contrasts markedly with the limited information on casualties generally issued by US military authorities, which focus only on US uniformed troops. These total 1,649.

Military affairs expert Jose Rodriguez Beruff from the University of Puerto Rico said that the figures showing more than 4,000 dead indicate that, far from winning the war in Iraq, "what is happening is that the troops are being worn down." He said that traditional theorists calculate that for an armed invading force to win a guerrilla war, its casualties should be one to ten of its enemy's. In this case, that would require 40,000 casualties among the insurgents.

In addition, Rodriguez Reduff warned that the reports should be reviewed on an ongoing basis, as he suspects that the number of casualties is even higher.

Calculations are even more difficult when it comes to the wounded, which US authorities number at more than 12,600, and medical discharges -- those maimed or suffering from physical and mental injuries -- about whom only partial reports can be obtained. In this category, large discrepancies in counts have been publicized by news outlets such as the national German Press Agency (DPA), which ran a story reporting on US Army documents putting the number of US soldiers with war-related mental ailments at 100,000.

That issue is more controversial. The Argentine press agency Argenpress reported about 17,000 unreported cases of war-related mental illness. But no matter the scenario, the numbers of wounded and medical discharges are larger than those officially announced, as is the case with casualties.

The figures came to light in the course of an ongoing investigation that El Diario/La Prensa is making on the number of Puerto Rican and Hispanic casualties in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. That inquiry prompted Congressman Jose Serrano (D-NY) and An’bal Acevedo Vila, then Resident Commissioner of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, to request a full casualty report, which yielded a partial list with 200 Puerto Rican losses, including casualties, wounded and medical discharges.

After his election as Governor, Acevedo Vila renewed his request to the Department of Defense for a total and specific accounting, but as of press time he had yet to receive an answer.

According to documents reviewed by this paper, in addition to the 1,649 fatalities among US uniformed troops, there were 88 from Great Britain, 92 from other coalition member countries, 238 reported by private contractors, and at least 2,000 from members of the Iraqi Army. The biggest defect in published counts is the missing casualties among Iraqi troops under command of the occupying forces.

Translated from Spanish by Carolina Gonzalez

See official figures of US casualties at http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties.htm
Old 07-14-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: US Casualties Put At Double Official Figures.

!!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:15 AM

I know a MARINE still in the States. He has told me that the numbers are not accurate.

What?

Did you think they would tell us the truth????

THEY ARE LIARS!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:28 AM

Depends what you mean by accurate.

%10 off.

20% off.

200% more?

Roughly 150,000 are in Iraq.

5000 dead and 15,000 injured (what i've heard) would be a casualty rate of %13 which is EXTREMELY high for a "mere" insurgency.

In contrast, the German army suffered 500,000 casualties from a 3 million man army in the first year of Operation Barbarossa...the Invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941. Thats a %16 casualty rate.

This was a war of continuous mobile operations. A VERY brutal and non-stop affair.

The invasion of the beaches of Normandy were expected to produce a casualty rate of %10+...they ended up at the 3-5% rate.

Can you see what I mean?

The numbers actually look reasonable to me at around 13,000 injured and 1600 dead over a period of 3 years. Thats a casualty rate of around %10 unadjusted for the time in theater. More like 3-5% over all. That is what you would expect for an intense counter insurgency.

I have no privelidged knowledge. I think the anti-war movement is barking up a possible non-existent tree here.

Sorry. My numbers are not EXACTLY adding up but you will get the picture. I expect the number of dead to be the figure people are looking for and it would be better to focuss only on those figures but I dont have them for Normandy or Barbarossa.

5000 dead is an awful lot. I dont believe it.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:54 AM

I've got this link on my site, don't know if it's already been mentioned, 9000 dead? http://kcindymedia.org/newswire/display/2774/index.php
Old 07-14-2005, 08:55 AM

I'm not talking percentages here, TB.

I'm talking about almost 2,000 dead reported. Now, if the number is 2,000 more than that, I don't give a CRAP what the percentage is for the war and if it is justifiable or not due to the insurgency, etc.

It's not justifiable for them to lie to us about the number of those killed in combat, wounded in combat.

That is the problem I have with it. It's not about percentages, as far as I'm concerned.

"The numbers actually look reasonable to me at around 13,000 injured and 1600 dead over a period of 3 years. Thats a casualty rate of around %10 unadjusted for the time in theater. More like 3-5% over all. That is what you would expect for an intense counter insurgency."

The numbers look reasonable!!!!

Okay, you're thinking in terms of the kind of battle that is being fought.

I'm think in terms of none of the numbers being reasonable because BUSH invaded a country based on lies!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:56 AM

I'm going to ask my SOURCE in the Marines why he is certain the numbers reported are inaccurate.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:05 AM

When I was 19 I was as dumb and ignorent as any.

I am now 34.

There was No internet when I was a lad. NO anti-war movement and NO Michael Moore making millions with extremely popular "reasonable" attempts at exposing a prat called Bush.

You join the army to be a hitman for capital...you're a fucking idiot.

The MArines are a death cult. Do you understand? Get your son out if you are serious about the truth.

There is NO honour in the armed forces...NONE, ZIP, NADDA and I have no time for whiny brats who dont have the courage to refuse to serve in a murderous war for capital and control.

A country is best served by pointing out it's faults.

The ability to shut your mouth and do as you're told is not honourable. Only weak minded fools join the armed forces in this day and age of open deciet.