Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul Watch...

Let's treat with the "Third Party" issue first. I learned from Dr. Paul's 1988 campaign when he ran on the Libertarian ticket that (1) TO EVEN GET ON THE BALLOT, thousands of signatures had to be garnered in EACH state and (2) A fee of so much per name had to be paid to bureaucrats in each state to verify each signature.

If I remember correctly, this came to between 50-100 thousand dollars per state. Multiply that times 50 and you begin to see how much money a candidate or party must have going in to even get a Third Party candidate's name on the ballot.

Dr. Paul is a Republican, a limited government, non-interventionist, Constitutionally TRUE Republican. Why should he even consider running on a Third Party ticket?

From this point on, you are going to get MY opinion; I have not asked anyone the reasoning behind the Bill calling for a Letter of Marque and Reprisal sponsored by Ron Paul. You or anyone else can freely do so and will, no doubt, get an answer - though it may take some time since everyone working in the campaign's pulling double duty to make the contributions go as far as possible.

Again, in reference to your first post, it is always best to ensure that the terms used are clearly understood. Towards that end, I quote from Black's Law Dictionary, Fifth Edition:

LETTER OF MARQUE AND REPRISAL: An authorization formerly granted in time of war by a government to the owner of a private vessel to capture enemy vessels and goods on the high seas. Art. 1, Sec. 8 of the U.S. Constitution.

After clicking on the link you provided and reading the information there, my first thought was that Ron is trying to short-circuit a war with Pakistan. The sabers are rattling for the U.S. to go into this nuclear-armed country, ostensibly to route out Osama ben Laden and his AlQuida cohorts.

Nothing happens in a vacuum; just about the whole world, with the exception of Americans, believes Ben Laden dead and buried but the neocons refuse to turn loose of their Number 1 bad guy so they are keeping the lie (and Osama) alive.

Since the military hasn't done such a great job of locating Ben Laden, why NOT authorize "bounty hunters" to go after him? That is pretty much what we are talking about here. They would register and put up a security deposit and be on their own with no US tax dollars involved.

This is what could have been done with Sadam IF they could have proven their 911 charges against him, BUT THEY COULDN'T, it was all lies, so Iraq was illegally/unlawfully invaded.

In my opinion, (I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH) Ron was saying, in effect, let's get more people with better chances of finding him on the job rather than bumbling our way into another theater of war.

If the guy is dead, what is the harm? If he is alive, bring him in and try him for his accused crimes, but stop stamping all over the Middle East killing hundreds of thousands of civilians while supposedly looking for one man. It's insanity.

One thing I do know for sure, Ron Paul would never take a frivolous or un-Constitutional action. As the saying goes, "You can take that to the bank."

Why not send your question in to Ron Paul so he can answer it, perhaps in the next debate?

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country." Nobody gives their life for anything. We steal the lives of these kids. We take it away from them. They don't die for the honor and glory of their country. We kill them."-- Admiral Gene LaRocque
Old 08-04-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
redrat11 wrote:
Quote:
BlueAngel wrote:
I think Dr. Makow should weigh in with his opinion of Ron Paul or an article on his website, at least.
Apparently you need someone do your thinking for yourself.... :-?
Apparently, you selectively did not read my comment where I stated my thought on the subject.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
BlueAngel wrote:
Quote:
redrat11 wrote:
Quote:
BlueAngel wrote:
I think Dr. Makow should weigh in with his opinion of Ron Paul or an article on his website, at least.
Apparently you need someone do your thinking for yourself.... :-?
Apparently, you selectively did not read my comment where I stated my thought on the subject.

You said Ron Paul walks both sides of the fence, can you elaborate on that? Also, I doubt if Makow would endorse Ron Paul, but, yes I would also like to know his views on R. Paul. personally I'm not confortable with his libertarianisn.... :-?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Barbara wrote:
Let's treat with the "Third Party" issue first. I learned from Dr. Paul's 1988 campaign when he ran on the Libertarian ticket that (1) TO EVEN GET ON THE BALLOT, thousands of signatures had to be garnered in EACH state and (2) A fee of so much per name had to be paid to bureaucrats in each state to verify each signature.

If I remember correctly, this came to between 50-100 thousand dollars per state. Multiply that times 50 and you begin to see how much money a candidate or party must have going in to even get a Third Party candidate's name on the ballot.

Dr. Paul is a Republican, a limited government, non-interventionist, Constitutionally TRUE Republican. Why should he even consider running on a Third Party ticket?

From this point on, you are going to get MY opinion; I have not asked anyone the reasoning behind the Bill calling for a Letter of Marque and Reprisal sponsored by Ron Paul. You or anyone else can freely do so and will, no doubt, get an answer - though it may take some time since everyone working in the campaign's pulling double duty to make the contributions go as far as possible.

Again, in reference to your first post, it is always best to ensure that the terms used are clearly understood. Towards that end, I quote from Black's Law Dictionary, Fifth Edition:

LETTER OF MARQUE AND REPRISAL: An authorization formerly granted in time of war by a government to the owner of a private vessel to capture enemy vessels and goods on the high seas. Art. 1, Sec. 8 of the U.S. Constitution.

After clicking on the link you provided and reading the information there, my first thought was that Ron is trying to short-circuit a war with Pakistan. The sabers are rattling for the U.S. to go into this nuclear-armed country, ostensibly to route out Osama ben Laden and his AlQuida cohorts.

Nothing happens in a vacuum; just about the whole world, with the exception of Americans, believes Ben Laden dead and buried but the neocons refuse to turn loose of their Number 1 bad guy so they are keeping the lie (and Osama) alive.

Since the military hasn't done such a great job of locating Ben Laden, why NOT authorize "bounty hunters" to go after him? That is pretty much what we are talking about here. They would register and put up a security deposit and be on their own with no US tax dollars involved.

This is what could have been done with Sadam IF they could have proven their 911 charges against him, BUT THEY COULDN'T, it was all lies, so Iraq was illegally/unlawfully invaded.

In my opinion, (I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH) Ron was saying, in effect, let's get more people with better chances of finding him on the job rather than bumbling our way into another theater of war.

If the guy is dead, what is the harm? If he is alive, bring him in and try him for his accused crimes, but stop stamping all over the Middle East killing hundreds of thousands of civilians while supposedly looking for one man. It's insanity.

One thing I do know for sure, Ron Paul would never take a frivolous or un-Constitutional action. As the saying goes, "You can take that to the bank."

Why not send your question in to Ron Paul so he can answer it, perhaps in the next debate?
I'm going to do in-depth research on Ron Paul, I want to know all the "associations" and organizations he endorses. i will post my results in a few weeks. :-)
Old 08-04-2007, 08:42 PM

RedRat said:

"You said Ron Paul walks both sides of the fence, can you elaborate on that? Also, I doubt if Makow would endorse Ron Paul, but, yes I would also like to know his views on R. Paul. personally I'm not confortable with his libertarianisn...."

Your most recent comment has no association to what you stated earlier when I said it would be nice for Dr. Makow to weigh in on his opinion of Ron Paul. Your reply was that I needed someone to do my thinking for me. My reply was that I had posted my thoughts about Ron Paul which is that a candidate can appear to be one thing to the public, but be playing both sides of the fence. What's to elaborate? You know what the means. I wasn't asking for Makow to endorse Ron Paul. I said it would be nice to know his opinion, but, I'm certain he feels the same as I do. But, I could be wrong.

What's the deal with you thinking GOD is going to save us and your apologies for not ENDORSING Ron Paul.

This isn't a Ron Paul website where all must approve of him.

It's a Conspiracy Forum.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
BlueAngel wrote:

What's the deal with you thinking GOD is going to save us and your apologies for not ENDORSING Ron Paul.

This isn't a Ron Paul website where all must approve of him.

It's a Conspiracy Forum.[/b]
I think that a catastrophic 'event' bigger than 911 will happen, and it's my hope that GOD can intervene to help, he's never let me down, (I don't know about you, nor do I care,) but, I'm not ashamed to say these things, and I don't care what you think of me. And My apologies were to the many people out there strolling by this website, who happen to be R. Paul supporters, I have nothing personal against his drive for the presidency, I hope he wins, my point was the problems we face, are monumental in nature, I think and believe we've as Americans have well passed the point of NO-RETURN. Our country anyway. :-?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:09 PM

RedRat said:

"I think that a catastrophic 'event' bigger than 911 will happen, and it's my hope that GOD can intervene to help, he's never let me down, (I don't know about you, nor do I care,) but, I'm not ashamed to say these things, and I don't care what you think of me. And My apologies were to the many people out there strolling by this website, who happen to be R. Paul supporters, I have nothing personal against his drive for the presidency, I hope he wins, my point was the problems we face, are monumental in nature, I think and believe we've as Americans have well passed the point of NO-RETURN. Our country anyway."

You're counting on GOD to save the world because he's never let YOU down and, therefore, his intervention would be acredited to your relationship with him. Awesome, RedRat and God alone will save the masses. You shouldn't care what I think about you. It's also good that you don't know about me or care. You're a Ron Paul supporter and will be voting for him before you accomplish your in-depth research. Still don't get the apology. If you don't care what people think, why apologize? As far as the point of NO-RETURN, I wouldn't count on it.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 PM

I'm a powerful being with ESP powers, I've been incredibly blessed by GOD with EXTRA SENSORY PERCEPTION powers, such as REMOTE VIEWING, Physhic mind visions of future events, and general awareness of the "unseen powers" at large.

I'm not ashamed to reveal this, nor do I care if anyone believes me, I cannot use these powers at whim, because they only come from GOD, as a tool that he uses so to lay bare his great power from above. is that all? :-o
Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
redrat11 wrote:
I'm a powerful being with ESP powers, I've been incredibly blessed by GOD with EXTRA SENSORY PERCEPTION powers, such as REMOTE VIEWING, Physhic mind visions of future events, and general awareness of the "unseen powers" at large.

I'm not ashamed to reveal this, nor do I care if anyone believes me, I cannot use these powers at whim, because they only come from GOD, as a tool that he uses so to lay bare his great power from above. is that all? :-o
Sound like the CIA missed out or not!

What's with your OUT OF CONTEXT QUESTION to me?

IS THAT ALL?

IS WHAT ALL?

Care to elaborate or be more specific or is your intention not to be?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:30 AM

IOWA DEBATE???????

going on NOW!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3444367&page=1

I had no idea this was planned for today.