Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2005, 09:57 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TinaS Send a message via Yahoo to TinaS
Default Re: The Battle For Your Mind

I somewhat agree with this post, although I tend to think that we must be careful in determining whether a church is christian, even though it posts "Jesus" on the door. I went to a church a year ago, that I thought was wonderful at first, but soon became cautious at the practices of the pastor and his flock. They used alot of mind control tactics, even though it was disguised as good biblical teaching. Other red flags went up inside of me when he started giving his own interpretations of what the bible said, or when he couldn't answer questions raised about it. He would also give prophecy about what God said an individual of the church should do and if they didn't do it, they were treated like a child being punished. :-( When I had mentioned to some of the church members, that I thought had become good friends, I was thinking about looking at other churches, some of the members stopped talking to me, discussion on why I wanted to leave was hush hush, and I received a threatening email from the pastor about talking bad about him, the church, or its members.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: The Battle For Your Mind

Thanks, TinaS. I was a victim of my own naive trust for so long, until I began looking behind the scenes and under the rocks. As it says in the lecture, experienced Christians tend to respond on a subconscious level to the practices and traditions of the Church and often dangerously suspend their critical faculties. I remember a little congregation in Portland, OR some years ago. It had all of the earmarks of a cult, and yet the pastor called the congregation the "True Church of Christ." Just being the Church of Christ wasn't hard-core enough for them. There was a lot of fear and guilt manipulation, which had many people emotionally and mentally paralized, including me. It was only by the grace of God that I was able to walk away. My eyes were opened that day. And don't forget that the best research into SRA in the country puts abuse incidents in the basements of churches at least 50% of the time. I find it hard to beleive that in all of these cases the staff of these churches are totally unaware. Let me know if you want some links or book titles.