Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010, 10:44 PM

Arrow Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

Title of this seems a little odd. True christianity, as in the teaching of Jesus Christ in the Bible repeatedly states that the belief in God will provide the believer with everything he needs.

Also to show only love for every man/woman/child.
So being "vs." anything seems to me to be only something a latter day "christian institution" (I include all orginised religion as an institution) could do

All the main prophets I am familiar with set out a way of life and living that if followed correctly would leave no place for institutions of any kind government included.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 PM

Question Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
why dont you just call orgo to a church and ask a priest or a bishop what a christain is
you dont expect a valid answer from the net do you?
I wouldn't expect a valid answer from them either.

what about if a priest or bisop was contacted via internet? would this make answers more/less valid?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 PM

Question Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
starting points
1 or 2 or many.. what was first. what was the first thing that existed. somthing had to be first. first from what.. nuthing?.
if theres nuthing theres no matter no universe nuthing.. in order for things to evolve somthing had to be first. so how can somthing start from nuthing. this includes that big bang thing. all life. all things.. of anything that exist. had a begining.
I think maybe people confuse the bible with chritianity. only bits i know of regarding creation are long before J.C.'s time and he dosen't cover the subject.
Only the christian institutions claim or claimed to know the secrets of creation. think catholic church were pioneers of many fields of science.

I dont think J.C. would have had a problem with anyones ideas on creation and the way it all works so long as you wern't a dick about it.

Like Richard Dawkins. think he might have called him out.

Seriously though to think and marvel at creation is great but to insist on answers is really to try to gain domonion over it. not gonna happen i dont think. if our conciousness could grasp the wonders of the world then it might not sem so wonderful.

also, so far as current fashionable scientific beliefs go, attempts to measure the age/size/expansion rate of the universe are supposedly approaching an answer. if successful will the priests in white gowns (scientists, doctors proffessers) start trying to discover what lies beyond the measured boundary, and how big and old it is? I know they like to plan ahead so they must do....
Old 10-20-2010, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Christians V.S. THE WORLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roof_top_eagle View Post
Christianity has a good backing scientifically. You bring up Scientology, that is as whacked as Jehovah's witness and Mormonism. Both thought up by a person as their own form a Christianity because they didn't like what was being taught. It was created by a guy named Hubbard in 1952. You can't call it a religion because it was created by man. Check wikipedia Scientology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and the definition of religion is "1.a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs." unless Hubbard was superhuman?

Dumbest thing i've heard in a while.

Scientology was indeed created by man, but so was Christianity. Go back to bible school. EACH AND EVERY religion was created by man.

And scientific backing? WTF? There is NO scientific backing for ANYTHING in Christianity. Please try and prove that. Christianity is the opposite of science.

Last edited by horatio13 : 10-20-2010 at 09:28 AM.