Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > What is really going on?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2005, 06:28 AM

Default CHARITYBUSINESS IS PART OF THE GLOBALISATION

The truth about the real effect of the western „charity business”, like you will never hear it from the too well paid poverty experts of the UN or from the charity-chanting-crook-stars: an interview with the Kenyan James Shikwati about the disastrous effects of Western development policy in Africa, corrupt rulers, and the tendency to overstate the AIDS problem.

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,363663,00.html

Excerpts:

The countries that have collected the most development aid are also the ones that are in the worst shape.

Huge bureaucracies are financed (with the aid money), corruption and complacency are promoted, Africans are taught to be beggars and not to be independent. In addition, development aid weakens the local markets everywhere and dampens the spirit of entrepreneurship that we so desperately need. As absurd as it may sound: Development aid is one of the reasons for Africa's problems. If the West were to cancel these payments, normal Africans wouldn't even notice. Only the functionaries would be hard hit. Which is why they maintain that the world would stop turning without this development aid.

(...) this corn ends up in the harbor of Mombasa. A portion of the corn often goes directly into the hands of unsrupulous politicians who then pass it on to their own tribe to boost their next election campaign. Another portion of the shipment ends up on the black market where the corn is dumped at extremely low prices. Local farmers may as well put down their hoes right away; no one can compete with the UN's World Food Program. And because the farmers go under in the face of this pressure, Kenya would have no reserves to draw on if there actually were a famine next year. It's a simple but fatal cycle.

Hunger should not be a problem in most of the countries south of the Sahara. In addition, there are vast natural resources: oil, gold, diamonds.

AIDS is big business, maybe Africa's biggest business. There's nothing else that can generate as much aid money as shocking figures on AIDS. AIDS is a political disease here, and we should be very skeptical.

Millions of dollars earmarked for the fight against AIDS are still stashed away in Kenyan bank accounts and have not been spent. Our politicians were overwhelmed with money, and they try to siphon off as much as possible. The late tyrant of the Central African Republic, Jean Bedel Bokassa, cynically summed it up by saying: "The French government pays for everything in our country. We ask the French for money. We get it, and then we waste it."

No one in the low-wage world of Africa can be cost-efficient enough to keep pace with donated products. In 1997, 137,000 workers were employed in Nigeria's textile industry. By 2003, the figure had dropped to 57,000. The results are the same in all other areas where overwhelming helpfulness and fragile African markets collide.

Jobs with foreign aid organizations are, of course, quite popular, and they can be very selective in choosing the best people. When an aid organization needs a driver, dozens apply for the job. And because it's unacceptable that the aid worker's chauffeur only speaks his own tribal language, an applicant is needed who also speaks English fluently -- and, ideally, one who is also well mannered. So you end up with some African biochemist driving an aid worker around, distributing European food, and forcing local farmers out of their jobs. That's just crazy!

Currently, Africa is like a child that immediately cries for its babysitter when something goes wrong. Africa should stand on its own two feet.

Old 07-10-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: CHARITYBUSINESS IS PART OF THE GLOBALISATION

The fact is these people that are out there like bono , who wants the rich countries of the world to forgive the debts of these poor nations, they don't realize that all this would do is take our money and divert it to the rich bankers and oil interrest people, and if they get it , these rich corperations will do it all over again, the only way these countries are ever going to get out of the shit hole they put themselves in, is to quit feeding off the tit of the rich.
http://www.davidchandler.com/writings/WTO-IMF-IBRD.htm
Old 07-10-2005, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Torchlithill wrote:
the only way these countries are ever going to get out of the shit hole they put themselves in, is to quit feeding off the tit of the rich.
That's why I don't give to 501-c3 corporate/state organizations (the church included). :-P
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 07-10-2005, 02:25 PM

I don't think that the answer is as easy as the TIT thingy!!

Examine these two comments from the post!!

Hunger should not be a problem in most of the countries south of the Sahara. In addition, there are vast natural resources: oil, gold, diamonds.

IN ADDITION THERE ARE VAST NATURAL RESOURCES; OIL, GOLD, DIAMONDS!!

AIDS is big business, maybe Africa's biggest business. There's nothing else that can generate as much aid money as shocking figures on AIDS. AIDS is a political disease here, and we should be very skeptical.

Do you seriously believe that the powermongers would allow a country with vast natural resources to be self-reliant?

As far as I'm concerned, Aids is a disease, ah, how did Minuteman want to refer to them? they created.

Don't you think the funds are diverted into their bank accounts???

Again, keeping people sick, hungry and dependent on them is how this all started, isn't it?

Population control so they remain in control.

So, how did they get themselves into the shithole?

Please explain!!

I'm at a loss here!!
Old 07-10-2005, 05:29 PM

What I'm saying is, that the rulers of these impoverished nations, make deals with the rich oil companies and such, the majority of any profit goes to the rulers, the people dont get shit, the rulers then live like theres no end in sight to their extragagent lifestyles, thus they give away more of the countries resources, to get more of their glory and power back, the people still dont get anything, and then when the debt is paid off, the only beneficiaries are the despots, the oil companies, the bankers, ad nauseum, the people still get nothing.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:42 PM

So, then you don't think Live 8 acutally aids in anyway?

But, again, you say, the people got themselves into this shit hole.

I disagree!!

The powermongers create shit holes in other countries, America included through their control and ownership of EVERYTHING!!

Case in point!! IRAQ!!

They steal from the poor and give to themselves.
As you said with the aid for Aids. It all just gets funneled back into their bank accounts or funds the lavish lifestyles of the rulers in other countries who are just as corrupt.

So, if they do this to one, to a community, to a specific race, etc. then they suppress the PEOPLE through any means possible!!

They must keep the masses powerless so that they cannot rise up against them. This creates civil wars, etc., and then they step in.

I really don't believe that you can blame the people.

Especially in countries where there is famine and people live with disease.

We are their slaves and whether we rise up or not, we will still be their slaves until the stranglehold on Congress is removed.

Until the bankers go and return the power to coin money to Congress, we will always be their slaves.

However, much more than that is necessary!!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:04 PM

In general no I dont think that live 8 will actually accomplish anything substantial, the effort would be better construed if they also put more energy into telling the power elite that taking advantage of these nations needs to be squashed, and that all transactions will now need to be open in the world arena, if they want their sweetheart deals to see the light of day, when they say no , which would be the likely outcome then live 9 should be used to get the word out that the power elite are intentionally damning the people of africa, and only interrested in helping the criminal element.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:24 PM

It ain't gonna happen!!

They will never allow anyone except themselves to control the world's natural resources. So, they must retain a stranglehold on those countries which are rich in diamonds, oil, etc.

SO, if Live 8 is successful and they relieve the poorest nations of their debts and double the aid, what does BONO suggest then????

Better trade deals is one suggestion.

However, when people have been impoverished for decades and their offspring the same, it is a vicious cycle and a country that is economically poor and starving will not overcome just by relieving debt and doubling aid.

It takes leadership and independence and they are not independent.

They need to own their own natural resources, but then again, do we, in America own anything that is not controlled by them.

I own my home, but I'm not sure that at some point they may kick me out to put up a "parking lot."

Therein lies the problem!!!

They are the problem.

There isn't any reason why people in this world should be hungry. Our food is plentiful.