Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2008, 02:14 PM

Question just a thought

Am I correct in saying, that the difference between a message board, and a forum is that a message forum strolls down after every thread, for example, there may be room for 10 to 20 threads, and after every thread the forum scrolls down when a new message or post is placed? Where-as a forum such as this, there are compartmentized different topic forums in which to post a thread? My suggestion for this forum, would be to add a small 5 to 10 message scrolling forum within the actual forum, I think alot of people seem to gravitate toward scrolling message boards it seems, personally I like them both, the adding of this forum to the other forums in the community is a good idea, Im just wondering why not alot of people don't come here from those forums? maybe they don't have a liking of conspiracy talk? there does seem to be a million forums out there, that could be it. Or maybe there all just Paranoid.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:32 PM

Lightbulb Re: just a thought

the ability to post anonymously without logging in would be nice, and a newsfeeder or links to different types of newsites, such as drudge or other news sites out there would save time from jumping all over for news of the day.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 PM

Default Re: just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrat11 View Post
the ability to post anonymously without logging in would be nice, and a newsfeeder or links to different types of newsites, such as drudge or other news sites out there would save time from jumping all over for news of the day.
Huh?

Post anonymously without logging in?

How could one post without logging in?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Huh?

Post anonymously without logging in?

How could one post without logging in?
there are various forums BA where you simply post a thread or respond with a post in a thread without logging in, you are considered anonymous by the forum, its a great feature for people who are weary or scared to give there email address I suppose, its nothing new, it does bring more people "out of the woodworks" to express themselves on forums anonymously. I'm surprised this CrowdGather does'nt have this feature on any forum that I know of.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 PM
workin' for the man

Send a message via AIM to justgroovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrat11 View Post
Am I correct in saying, that the difference between a message board, and a forum is that a message forum strolls down after every thread, for example, there may be room for 10 to 20 threads, and after every thread the forum scrolls down when a new message or post is placed? Where-as a forum such as this, there are compartmentized different topic forums in which to post a thread? My suggestion for this forum, would be to add a small 5 to 10 message scrolling forum within the actual forum, I think alot of people seem to gravitate toward scrolling message boards it seems, personally I like them both, the adding of this forum to the other forums in the community is a good idea, Im just wondering why not alot of people don't come here from those forums? maybe they don't have a liking of conspiracy talk? there does seem to be a million forums out there, that could be it. Or maybe there all just Paranoid.
Could you link me to the kind of message board you are speaking about?

And yes I think a front page would be great for this site, with links to various news articles and such. CG is still trying to get their server situation straightened out so I'm not sure just when something like that could happen. I will, however, forward your thoughts along so they are put on the to do list.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgroovy View Post
Could you link me to the kind of message board you are speaking about?

And yes I think a front page would be great for this site, with links to various news articles and such. CG is still trying to get their server situation straightened out so I'm not sure just when something like that could happen. I will, however, forward your thoughts along so they are put on the to do list.
Thanks justgroovy, if you go to godlikeproductions.com which is a conspiracy message board, anyone can post anonymously, It allows people to either sign up as a member, or you can post anonymously all the time, its one of the oldest conspiracy boards on the net, if you also notice, they have news links at the top of the page to check out, just different than a topic conspiracy forum like this, I think a combination of message and topic forum structure would be great, as I think only AboveTopsecret.com has that going, although I don't go there at all, as it is considered a Pentagon governemnt CIA front in the conspiracy minded world.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:36 PM

Here's a link to Godlikeproductions.

The only way one could possibly post a comment would be to click on the join link wherein they ask for your email address and all the other usual information and, I suppose, you can REGISTER as anonymous, but they still have your email address.

Any suggestions as to how one might post anonymously without registering and joining the forum, RedRat?

Just tell us how to post anonymously without registering.

Thanking you in advance.

Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum

Last edited by BlueAngel : 08-26-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 PM

Oh, and by the way, RR, what do you think about justgroovy working for the "powers that be?"

Last edited by BlueAngel : 08-26-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:46 PM

Here.

Godlikeproductions wants your name and email address in order to post.

Godlike Productions - Join Us

Don't believe everything the RAT tells you justgroovy.

You might want to check it out for yourself before you fall prey to his fabrications.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:54 PM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This is more of a reader's forum than anything else and, quite frankly, I think it suffices in that manner.

There has previously been MUCH interference without moderation and now that it has dissapaited, this forum is a LOVELY place.

Why do you want to attract people who are afraid to register using their email address and name?

Afraid of what?

Being caught engaging in psychological operations?

These are the people you want to attract here?

It figures.

Otherwise, I fail to see why anyone else would be concerned as to registering and posting.

Freedom of speech STILL exists.

Go FOR IT!