Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM

Default Parents voice concerns on violence in schools

Parents voice concerns on violence in schools
Pierro, the freshman beaten Aug. 28, said he's had problems at school since kindergarten. "Racial problems," he said. "I've been suspended for defending myself." "There are problems," said Megan Pierro, his mother. "There are racial tensions." She pledged, "I will not go quietly. I want justice."
DEMING - There is a problem in Deming Public Schools, parents and students told the district Board of Education at its monthly meeting, Thursday, at the Emmett Shockley Administration Building, 400 Cody Road.
Eighteen people from a group of as many as 50 parents and students addressed the board about ongoing harassment, name-calling and physical altercations against students much of it said to be racial.
This followed revelation last week of an Aug. 28 beating of a Deming High School freshman, Sean Pierro, by a group of as many as 16 to 20 students at the Hofacket campus. The beating, recorded on cell-phone cameras, has been seen on at least two television stations. Local authorities have received calls from national media outlets requesting comments.
Four students three with Columbus addresses, one with a Deming address have been cited by Deming Police for battery. The investigation is continuing, Police Chief Michael Carillo said.
Read on:
Parents voice concerns on violence in schools | National Policy Institute