Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > What is really going on?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2009, 02:11 AM

Default Flight 1549 in the Hudson

I've always thought something huge may occur close to the weekend before the inauguration. The emergency landing of Flight 1549 into the Hudson was quite incredible and if not for the excellent piloting and response from the airline crew, that plane could very well have crashed into some densely populated sections of NY or NJ, possibly killing the passengers as well as hundreds if not thousands of people depending on where it crashed.

I've seen videos of birds hitting planes and their engines, causing planes to go down, so I know it's quite possible although very rare. That being said, I can't help but also wonder whether the heroic actions of the pilot could've thwarted some sort of planned operation. It would have been much harder to find evidence for tampering, or a planted bomb, on the charred wreckage of a land crashed plane. Now that the plane is completely intact, whether it was a bird(s) or something else that could've caused both engines to fail (I believe it was both) can be investigated.

Mind you, I'm just wondering...as I always do whenever something this newsworthy takes place. I'm looking forward to the plane and engines being fully inspected and hope it's done in an open way for all to have access to the results.

I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering as well. What are your thoughts?

P.S. I'm new to this forum so let me just say once again.... I'm JUST wondering.... not making any claims, hehe.. I've seen how some treat others sometimes on here. I'm not blaming Bush, Obama, Zionists, Freemasons, Christians, Muslims..... or Canadians.

Last edited by Kaje23 : 01-16-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Exclamation Re: Flight 1549 - there ARE other Possible Causes...

I agree with your thoughts on Flight 1549.

Here are a few other facts to consider: the bird migration patterns run primarily from April through October (it is now mid-Jan) and both engines being affected at the same time is extremely rare .

In addition, the wreckage will be studied "out of the sight of the public" in order to determine the cause.

BTW, all of the points above are from early national news coverage of this event.

The most telling information often comes out right after an accident or other negative event occurs (first interviews with victims before they are told not to talk, early photos, etc.) then mostly disappear as "the authorities" get involved and squelch information in an effort to protect us from our natural fears, anxieties and possible panic.

I hope at least some of the media will have open access to the wreckage-analysis process (or at least have good connected anonymous sources who will provide them with the facts as they are uncovered).

Will we ever REALLY know the TRUE cause? Hard to say, isn't it?

Here's something that struck me (other than the accident being so close to the inauguration): when I heard that it was Flight 1549 the numbers had a familiar pattern... 5 minus 4 is 1, and 1-1-9 is 911 in reverse--suggesting the possibility that this may have been caused by something other than "just birds".

Perhaps a confused terrorist used to reading right to left?

Anyway, the gov't has ZERO incentive to admit the cause was something other than birds; after all, why create a public scare so close to the inauguration AND more importantly in this fear-driven economy. That would naturally only make things worse. We all remember what Sept. 11 did...

But Kudos to the truly amazing pilot and the fast-acting crew and rescuers--"Miracle on the Hudson" is an understatement, isn't it.

Take care and keep considering all possibilities (good and bad).

--Cat

Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Flight 1549 in the Hudson

Quote:
Here are a few other facts to consider: the bird migration patterns run primarily from April through October (it is now mid-Jan) and both engines being affected at the same time is extremely rare .

Hi Cat, and thanks for sharing. Interesting info regarding the bird migration patterns. I was expecting to see footage of flocks of birds flying on the runway sometime yesterday or today but figured that since I don't have cable and the news channels running the story constantly I just may have missed it. Plus I figured all the attention would be focused on the plane .. but surely some junior crew could have been sent to the airport.

Quote:
In addition, the wreckage will be studied "out of the sight of the public" in order to determine the cause.
That's too bad.

Quote:
The most telling information often comes out right after an accident or other negative event occurs (first interviews with victims before they are told not to talk, early photos, etc.) then mostly disappear as "the authorities" get involved and squelch information in an effort to protect us from our natural fears, anxieties and possible panic.
Too True!!

Quote:

Here's something that struck me (other than the accident being so close to the inauguration): when I heard that it was Flight 1549 the numbers had a familiar pattern... 5 minus 4 is 1, and 1-1-9 is 911 in reverse--suggesting the possibility that this may have been caused by something other than "just birds".
Quite a stretch .. but ain't that what we're good at! Too coinkidinkie if ya ask me.

Quote:
Perhaps a confused terrorist used to reading right to left?

ROFLMAO .. Good one!!

Quote:

Anyway, the gov't has ZERO incentive to admit the cause was something other than birds; after all, why create a public scare so close to the inauguration AND more importantly in this fear-driven economy. That would naturally only make things worse. We all remember what Sept. 11 did...

That's exactly where my concern lies. My initial fear of an event taking place so close to the inauguration was that it'd be done to incite fear and panic during the transition. I was afraid some 3rd term edict during national crisis would have gone into effect.... written as fine print in one of the many last minute bills put into place during the past couple of months.

Quote:
But Kudos to the truly amazing pilot and the fast-acting crew and rescuers--"Miracle on the Hudson" is an understatement, isn't it.

Yessirree!!! What an awesome pilot and crew. I'm glad they can be considered the heroes in this incident instead of the corpse recovery crews ... or black clad military police immediately dispatched to control the population.

Quote:
Take care and keep considering all possibilities (good and bad).

Thank you once again for replying and giving great input for me to continue to consider.

--- KJ

Last edited by Kaje23 : 01-16-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 PM

Interesting thought.

Of note, the pilot was instructed by an air traffic controller to land at a nearby New Jersey airport and used his best judgement when he decided to make a water landing.

Of note, as well, was Mayor Bloomberg's comment that he doesn't consider this a terrorist act because there weren't any others that immediately followed.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 01-16-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:09 PM

Ok, I can now turn my Conspiracy alert to orange now as I'm just learning on the news that the engines are missing from the plane and searchers plan to search for BOTH of them at the bottom of the Hudson.

I can now make my claim that rogue Canadian Geese, frustrated and exhausted due to their yearly migration south en masse, flew not INTO the engines, but along side them with tools, dismantled them, and have taken them to their secret bunker where they plan to build their own jet liner to accommodate the geese who are tired of flying south on their own.

I predict that evidence will be found, in the form of sets of tools stolen from a La Guardia airport hangar, in a New Jersey storage unit filled with geese shit. The tools were stolen because the Canadian Geese only had access to metric tools and these will be american standard!!

Who's with me?!!!!

Last edited by Kaje23 : 01-16-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaje23 View Post
Ok, I can now turn my Conspiracy alert to orange now as I'm just learning on the news that the engines are missing from the plane and searchers plan to search for BOTH of them at the bottom of the Hudson.

I can now make my claim that rogue Canadian Geese, frustrated and exhausted due to their yearly migration south en masse, flew not INTO the engines, but along side them with tools, dismantled them, and have taken them to their secret bunker where they plan to build their own jet liner to accommodate the geese who are tired of flying south on their own.

I predict that evidence will be found in the form of sets of tools stolen from a La Guardia airport hangar will be found in a New Jersey storage unit filled with geese shit. The tools were stolen because the Canadian Geese only had access to metric tools and these will be american standard!!

Who's with me?!!!!
I laugh at your post only because all passengers survived.

From what untrustworthy news source did you hear this?

Obviously, the FAA will not be producing geese feathers from the engines of the plane as evidence of the cause.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 01-16-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post

From what untrustworthy news source did you hear this?

Obviously, the FAA will not be producing the geese feathers from the engines of the plan as evidence.

I'm currently watching the local 5 o'clock news and they did a lead in saying that both engines were missing. I've watched it through the plane coverage and now there's no mention of missing engines. Hmmmm... seems either my local news channel is desperate for ratings... or the B.C. Geese syndicate got to them.

I was just about to post a question to others whether they've heard anything of missing engines before you replied.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post

That wasn't part of the diabolical plan!! Geese aren't perfect.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:28 PM

I'm just being ridiculous at the moment as humour's my way of dealing with this incident until further info comes to light.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:35 PM

Searching the HUDSON RIVER for the recovery of engines vital in determining whether or not BIRDS caused the emergency landing of Flight 1549.

Bloomberg.com: Transportation

US Airways Plane’s Engines Are Focus of Crash Search (Update1)
Email | Print | A A A

By John Hughes

Jan. 16 (Bloomberg) -- New York’s Hudson River is being searched by U.S. authorities for two missing engines central to determining whether bird strikes forced the emergency landing of a US Airways Group Inc. jet.

Sonar is being used to search downriver from where the plane crashed into the water yesterday, said Kitty Higgins, a National Transportation Safety Board member, at a New York press conference today. It is too early to decide whether birds caused the crash, she said.

All 155 people aboard US Airways Flight 1549 survived after the pilot reported birds striking the engines following takeoff from LaGuardia Airport. New York Governor David Paterson called it a “miracle on the Hudson.”

“Having a successful ditching of an airplane is a very rare event,” Higgins said of the landing. The plane stayed afloat long enough for the passengers and crew to evacuate and be rescued by ferries and fire boats.

The plane, an Airbus SAS A320, will be lifted out of the river onto a barge tomorrow for further inspection, Higgins said. Authorities will also retrieve the “black boxes,” a flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder in the tail of the plane.

The recorders will be shipped to Washington for analysis, Higgins said, giving investigators information about what the pilots said in the cockpit and the manipulation of flight controls during the event.

The pilot, identified as Chesley B. “Sully” Sullenberger III, set down the A320 gently enough to keep it afloat, and the “sheer luck” of having ferries nearby hastened the recovery of passengers in freezing weather, aviation consultant Robert W. Mann said.

‘Inspiring’ Work

Sullenberger “is the reason my 2 1/2-year-old daughter has a dad,” passenger Brad Wentzell said in an interview shown on CNN. At a press conference today, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said he would present the crew with a key to the city for their “inspiring” work in bringing down the plane without serious injury to anyone.

One of the flight attendants suffered a broken leg, Bloomberg said.

The icy conditions of the recovery effort “make it even more remarkable,” said Peter Goelz, former managing director of the NTSB, which sent investigators to New York.

Temperatures were about 19 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 7 Celsius) at the time. John Perugia, chief of Emergency Medical Services for the Fire Department, said the survivors could have lived for no more than four minutes in water that Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta said was between 36 and 41 degrees Fahrenheit.

The accident occurred after the A320 left LaGuardia at about 3 p.m. for Charlotte, North Carolina, carrying 150 passengers and 5 crew members.

Radioed Controllers

As the plane climbed, the pilot radioed controllers that bird strikes had robbed the engines of power, said Doug Church, a spokesman for the Air Traffic Controllers Association. The pilot reported that he couldn’t return to LaGuardia or reach New Jersey’s Teterboro airport, and brought the jet down in the river, Church said.

“You can handle hitting maybe one bird, but not three or four,” Goelz said. The Federal Aviation Administration said there were reports of a large flock in the area, while saying it wasn’t sure whether the birds caused the accident.

Bloomberg told reporters that the pilot did a “masterful job” in pulling off the river landing and then walked through the partially submerged jet twice to ensure that it had been cleared of people. The mayor is the founder and majority owner of Bloomberg LP, the parent of Bloomberg News.

Sullenberger has worked at Tempe, Arizona-based US Airways since 1980, flying Airbus A319, A320 and A321 jets, according to the Web site of Safety Reliability Methods Inc., a consulting firm he founded in San Francisco.

‘Proud of Dad’

“Obviously, we’re very proud of Dad,” his wife, Lorrie Sullenberger, told reporters outside their home in Danville, California. President George W. Bush spoke to the pilot, said his spokeswoman, Dana Perino. Bush also released a statement praising Sullenberger’s skill and bravery.

Sullenberger, 58, has a total of 19,663 flight hours, US Airways said in a statement today. The copilot was identified as Jeffrey Skiles, 49, who has 15,643 hours.

Higgins of the NTSB said it hasn’t been confirmed which pilot was at the controls during the accident.

Touching down on the water means going without the landing gear that take the pounding of transitioning from flight to rolling down a runway. Instead, the fuselage absorbs the force of striking an ocean or river while traveling at 150 mph (241 kilometers) or more.

‘Tremendous Impact’

Passenger Bill Zuhoski, 23, who was seated in the back of Flight 1549, said he felt a jerk, saw flight attendants appear nervous and then heard the pilot order everyone to prepare for a crash.

“How do you brace yourself for impact when you know your plane’s going to crash?” Zuhoski, 23, of Long Island, New York, told reporters at Roosevelt Hospital in Manhattan. “The impact was the most tremendous impact you can imagine. My head slammed and I lost my glasses and the water immediately began rushing in.”

In 1968, all 107 people aboard a Japan Airlines Corp. DC-8 were evacuated after the plane landed in San Francisco Bay, 2 1/2 miles short of the San Francisco airport, according to safety Web site planecrashinfo.com.

More commonly, water crashes are like the March 1992 accident at LaGuardia when an ice-laden US Airways Fokker F-28 stalled on takeoff and plunged into Flushing Bay, killing 27 passengers and crew, according to the NTSB.

Icy Crashes

In January 1982, an Air Florida Inc. Boeing Co. 737 struggled for altitude after taking off with ice in the engines and on the wings, striking a bridge and then slamming into the frozen Potomac River, the NTSB found. The death toll was 78, including 4 fatalities on the ground.

Losing power on takeoff and landing is perilous for pilots because they’re close to the ground and moving relatively slowly, giving them scant time to restart their engines or steer to safety.

To contact the reporters on this story: John Hughes in Washington at jhughes5@bloomberg.net

Last Updated: January 16, 2009 20:05 EST