Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Why talk like a Robot ?

Peace,

In my first visit to Japan, one thing really amazed me, in almost all the shops, the employees act and talk like Robots! this is their culture maybe, i thought.

But then i remembered that back in Egypt the political leaders do the same when they give a speech?? what about the west, they all literaly change into emotionless robots when addressing the masses?!

What about the eloquent letters that i used to get from some aquaintances, that could very much pass for a speech!

what about when i call my internet provider and the lady changes her voice to the extent i think it's a recorded message!!

I am not saying that we should all speak to strangers same as we do with loved ones, but why not show me a sign of humanity when you are talking to me!

Apparently we have drifted way far off the straight path, but God willing not for long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[3:19] The only religion approved by GOD is \"Submission.\"...
Old 05-29-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Why talk like a Robot ?

I have seen this Robot Talk
before also. The "successful" businessman
giving the speech had, as it turns out later,
really stolen the eight million dollars.

I believe the Holy Spirit
or God's Presence, or whatever Ahmad calls it,
had "left" the room or "pulled away"
from the situation.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:23 PM

Ahmad, I think you've stumbled on something. Many politicians have trouble speaking clearly, it's a real strain for them.

People are trained in school the difference between formal speech and person to person. Formal speech can be taught to 'others' whether these rulers are robots or not.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:14 AM

Peace,

I thought there was one kind of speech, human speech!

The existence of two forms of speech maybe an indicator of the existence of another species, which the scripture calls the Jinn-beings.

I also believe that speech is an effective tool of control, for example in Egypt the politicians almost always use formal speech (which is standard Arabic) the majority of Egyptians can barely understand it! this keeps a calculated distance between the elite rulers and the subservient masses.

In Japan this takes a more extreme form, they actually have more than one style of speech! 1- the polite speech, 2- plain speech, 3- Respect language

Here is a definition i found in a Japanese language book:

Quote:
1- Polite speech: is used in formal situations where participants interact rather like "representatives" engaging in "official business". Polite speech is used in business, in the class room, when addressing an audience, when speaking to a superior, shopping, or when speaking to a stranger on the street.

2- Plain speech: is used in informal, everyday situations between family, friends, equals, or when addressing inferiors such as children. Most thinking is done in plain speech.

3- Respect language: besides the use of polite speech, further respect may be shown by the use of honorofic terms when referring to others, and humble terms when referring to oneself.
The majority see this Japanese attitude as very healthy, however it is destructive in reality, since it widens the gap between the superiors and inferiors to the extent that the individual reveres his superior more than God thus makes him unable to question him, and all his actions will be calculated according to what his peers, superiors will think of him, this is a form of idol-worship the only unforgivable sin if maintained till death.

I think it has origins in the Samurai age when there was a caste system like the Indian one. Humans should interact respectfully using one style of speech, not too slang, nor too formal, this balance should be maintained since the language i think affects our attitudes and is used to make us subconciously submit blindly to authority.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[3:19] The only religion approved by GOD is \"Submission.\"...
Old 05-30-2005, 12:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to DT291 Send a message via MSN to DT291

The major differences between polite and plain speech in Japanese is just changing the form of the verb you use at the end of the sentence usually. Respect speech is basically polite speech gone overboard. Honorifics suck :|