Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > What is really going on?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 02:35 PM

Lightbulb Will Obama End The DU Environmental Hell The U.S. Military Has Created?

While many Americans are extremely concerned with global warming, very few Americans are even aware of the absolute environmental hell that the U.S. military has created in Afghanistan and Iraq by using depleted uranium munitions in those nations.

Under President George W. Bush, the United States has been using thousands upon thousands of tons of depleted uranium munitions - dirty bombs made from nuclear waste - in their wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The resulting devastation from using these dirty nuclear weapons is a crime against humanity of the utmost magnitude and it is time for Barack Obama to declare that he will permanently ban these weapons:

FutureStorm: Will Obama Stop The DU Environmental Hell The U.S. Military Has Created?

Old 02-03-2009, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Will Obama End The DU Environmental Hell The U.S. Military Has Created?

First of all, does the term "depleted' mean nothing to you? These rounds are not radioactive, they are "depleted" meaning that their radioactivity has worn out. That is the natural course of uranium, or any other radioactive material. They all have a "half-life" whn 50% of the natural radioactivity has been depleted. Over time, all of the radioactivity is gone.

Two, they are not widely used, and they have not used thousands and thousands of tons of them. They are very expensive to manufacture, and they are only used to destroy armored vehicles, hardened sites, etc. They don't out them in every belt of machine gun ammunition, and they are not fired from rifles at all.

Three, there is no such environmental hell in Afghanistan or in Iraq. Your opinion does not make this the truth, nor do the opinions of environmental whackos..

Fourth, even if he were to ban them, Mr. Obama could not permanently ban them. The next President could reinstate them.

You really need to learn something about the subjects you write about. Reading one extremist source is not really researching the subject.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Will Obama End The DU Environmental Hell The U.S. Military Has Created?

Read about depleted uranium munitions and the possible negative impact on one's health when exposed to same.

Depleted uranium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by BlueAngel : 02-03-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:18 PM

Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source on any subject. It is entirely written by people that want to write about a subject. Many of its writers are people with a "cause", and their articles are neither besed on science, nor are they accurate.

Believe whatever you want, you will anyway. It is sad to see a mind so closed to reality, as yours is.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post
Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source on any subject. It is entirely written by people that want to write about a subject. Many of its writers are people with a "cause", and their articles are neither besed on science, nor are they accurate.

Believe whatever you want, you will anyway. It is sad to see a mind so closed to reality, as yours is.
If you are speaking to me, I was referencing the "possible" negative impact to one's health when exposed to DU as written in Wikipedia.

POSSIBLE being the OPERATIVE word.

I do not trust Wikipedia as a completely reliable source, but they are not always inaccurate.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM

Then stop quoting them as the source of your information, if you do not trust them. That was the ONLY source you quoted regarding your opinions on depleted uranium.

I have personally handled those munitions, and have held a very sensitive geiger counter to them. Not a twitch.

But of course, you don't trust anyone, so why should I bother trying to educate you. Your mind is made up, based on what you read, and how you interpret it in your paranoia.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post
Then stop quoting them as the source of your information, if you do not trust them. That was the ONLY source you quoted regarding your opinions on depleted uranium.

I have personally handled those munitions, and have held a very sensitive geiger counter to them. Not a twitch.

But of course, you don't trust anyone, so why should I bother trying to educate you. Your mind is made up, based on what you read, and how you interpret it in your paranoia.
Excuse me, but I'll quote who I want to quote and, as I said, Wikipedia is not always inaccurate and you're certainly not as reliable as they are.

Who cares that you've handled those munitions.

That doesn't mean you have knowledge as to their health risks.

I don't need you to educate me, so, please, don't bother. Just a waste of your time.

My mind is made up on WHAT I KNOW and not what I read.

That's the difference between me and everyone else like you.

What paranoia?

Because I stated there are POSSIBLE side effects of exposure to DU?

Oh, yeah.

Real paranoia!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:53 AM

Coincidently there are health worries regarding British troops in Iraq, due to handling DU weapons, while nothing has been proven, the indication is that it might be responsible for the abnormal symptoms of the British troops.