Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 PM

Default Re: New Flu Spreading Like Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by layinglow1 View Post
"It may turn out that H1N1 runs its course like ordinary flus, in which case we will have prepared and we won't need all these preparations," Obama said.
But "we're taking it seriously," he said. Even if the flu turns out mild now, it could come back in a deadlier form during the normal flu season, he said."

"Even if the flu turns out mild now, it could come back in a deadlier form during the normal flu season......."

------And there you have it....a subtle way of letting it slip, to absolve the govt. of any foreknowledge that it WILL come back, sooner than anyone thinks...and WAY before the "normal flu season."

Thoughts anyone???
Obama didn't let anything slip.

He said it matter of fact.

He's helping to spread fear.

Just as you are.

How does what Obama said absolve the government of any foreknowledge that the virus will come back sooner than anyone thinks?

He clearly said it may come back in a deadlier form and last time I checked he is the highest ranking government official.

Well, for all intents and purposes, he appears to be, but, as we know, he is not.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:47 AM

whatever....ugh....

I don't have to do anything to spread fear, the media is doing that well enough on their own. I'm just putting two and two together and coming up with my own theory of what might actually be happening to warrant such a drastic response from our govt. over this whole thing, and also a pretty darn good theory as to why people have died in Mexico, but not here in the US....

What Obama said was subtle in that he said it might get worse, in the NEXT flu season....thereby making it look like the govt. has no idea it will be worse in just a matter of weeks, while still planting that seed into the public's mind....

I never said my "theory" was information! It's the theory I have derived from looking at the facts, as the media has served them up, that don't seem to make sense to me personally. By using OUR and WE, I attempted to present a scenario as I see it possibly unfolding in the coming weeks for US, meaning the United States....

sheesh....

As for not spreading fear, well.....the name of this site is "club conspiracy," so....that means people come on here to talk about all sorts of conspiracy theories, which are A. Only theories, not facts, and B. Most conspiracy theories are not good ones, and are pretty scary to think about, by definition. If you don't want to read a bunch of conspiracy theories that might possibly freak you out or instill fear in your mind, you probably shouldn't be reading anyone's posts on this forum.

Stompk: I'm glad you enjoyed my "thoughts" on the subject. It was nice to receive some positive feedback from one person at least.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:13 AM

If the virus lays dormant, that means that signs of illness are not present so, therefore, WE wouldn't seem to get better because WE aren't experiencing an illness.

--The people who get sick with the swine flu do get sick...then get better after a few days, so no big deal. What I'm saying is, at that point, my theory is that the virus has incubated in the person's body (presumably at 101.5 or higher to successfully mutate) then during the time the person seems better, the new strain of the virus rebuilds, or replicates, and launches a second attack, only the second time around the virus is much more virulant, and much more deadly...that is my theory.

What is the deal with your use of the word "WE?"

You say:

It mutates inside OUR bodies.

WE seem to get better.

WE get sick again.

---by WE I mean human beings.

How do you know the Mexico deaths are the second phase of the illness?

because the mexican govt. experienced a spike in flu cases at the end of March....but people didn't start dying until the second week of April....about two-three weeks AFTER the spike...the only way to explain that one, that I could come up with is that the illness resurfaced in the previously thought to be recovered flu victims. It would also explain why the US cases are not dying....yet.....I looked at the news stories, and I pieced together a personal theory about how all this could be happening the way it is, that makes sense to me. I developed a personal theory that the illness that is going around has two phases in its attack in the human body....

How can any conspiracy theory be so "scary" it gives conspiracy theorists a bad name? That is the very definition of conspiracy theories, they are scary!! Most of them are way out there, extremist, not based on real fact or information, or just plain kooky....Some of them are thoughtful and insightful as well. Everyone on here deserves to deliver their theories and thoughts without immediately getting dumped on by what are supposed to be their fellow supporters.

Now, I presented a theory....and asked for people's thoughts. Not their attacks, pessimism and non-productive criticisms. So, once again, I'll ask:

Thoughts anyone??
Old 05-02-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
"It may turn out that H1N1 runs its course like ordinary flus, in which case we will have prepared and we won't need all these preparations," Obama said.
But "we're taking it seriously," he said. Even if the flu turns out mild now, it could come back in a deadlier form during the normal flu season, he said."

"Even if the flu turns out mild now, it could come back in a deadlier form during the normal flu season......."

------And there you have it....a subtle way of letting it slip, to absolve the govt. of any foreknowledge that it WILL come back, sooner than anyone thinks...and WAY before the "normal flu season."

Thoughts anyone???
Yes.

My thought.

Please provide the entire text wherein Obama states as you have defined above in quotes.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:16 PM

seriously? Why would I spend my free time trying to get the entire text of an article for you? So....you don't believe Obama said that, or you think I'm making it up....which one?

Besides, you already said the statement made sense, and that there was nothing subtle about it....

Oh wait, you think the rest of the article disclaims my theory....

??

let me see if I can find the article...if it can be tracked down quickly...

sigh....
Old 05-02-2009, 01:28 PM

here is a new article from today....I have no idea how to track down the article I quoted from yesterday. I don't have the time. But he did say that....and here is what he is saying now...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. is taking “all necessary precautions” now to be prepared if the swine flu develops into “something worse” in this country, President Barack Obama said Saturday.

Swine flu, or H1N1 flu as the government prefers to call it, has caused only one confirmed death in the United States. But medical authorities fear it could become much worse, Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address, and that’s why he has thrown substantial federal resources into the campaign against it.
“This is a new strain of the flu virus, and because we haven’t developed an immunity to it, it has more potential to cause us harm,” the president said. “Unlike the various strains of animal flu that have emerged in the past, it’s a flu that is spreading from human to human. This creates the potential for a pandemic, which is why we are acting quickly and aggressively.”
The virus, which has claimed far more victims in Mexico than elsewhere, has not proved as potent in the U.S. “We cannot know for certain why that is, which is why we are taking all necessary precautions in the event that the virus does turn into something worse,” he said.
He recapped his administration’s efforts. They include asking schools with confirmed cases of the flu virus to close for up to 14 days; urging employers to let infected workers take all the sick days they need; and reminding Americans to wash their hands often, cover their coughs and stay home if ill.
Obama noted that the flu strain “can be defeated by a course of antiviral treatment that we already have on hand.” One-fourth of the nation’s 50 million courses of the treatment have been distributed to states, he said.
Obama has asked Congress for $1.5 billion to buy more medicine and equipment if needed.
“It is my greatest hope and prayer that all of these precautions and preparations prove unnecessary,” the president said. “I would sooner take action now than hesitate and face graver consequences later.”
Old 05-02-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
seriously? Why would I spend my free time trying to get the entire text of an article for you? So....you don't believe Obama said that, or you think I'm making it up....which one?

Besides, you already said the statement made sense, and that there was nothing subtle about it....

Oh wait, you think the rest of the article disclaims my theory....

??

let me see if I can find the article...if it can be tracked down quickly...

sigh....
Why not spend your free time presenting the entire text?

You didn't seem to have any problem finding the specific quote.

It must have been contained within a larger text.

Where is the larger text?

You certainly seem to have enough free time to spend on this site presenting fabrications.

I never said the Obama statement you posted made sense.

If he said that which you said he did, I rendered my opinion as to why he would have made the statement.

I said that if he said that which you say he did, he is spreading fear just as you are and that he didn't say it because he wanted to abstain the government from any responsibility because he is the highest ranking government official.

Not really.

But, for all intents and purposes the American people have been brainwashed to believe this.

The statement you claim that he said, was not subtle.

You have not supplied the complete text from where you derived that which you say Obama spoke.

Back up what you claim Obama said.

Otherwise, it will be discarded as false and having been fabricated from your own mind.

While you're at it, please present the relevant information other than from your own mind that speaks to what you propose as FACT that those who died in Mexico from the Swine flu first experienced it as it lay dormant in their bodies; went away; came back and then killed them.

If you can't, we shall dismiss this rubbish, as well.

Sorry that requesting you back-up your fabrications with fact causes you to sigh.

Obviously, this is too daunting a task for you to undertake.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-02-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
here is a new article from today....I have no idea how to track down the article I quoted from yesterday. I don't have the time. But he did say that....and here is what he is saying now...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. is taking “all necessary precautions” now to be prepared if the swine flu develops into “something worse” in this country, President Barack Obama said Saturday.

Swine flu, or H1N1 flu as the government prefers to call it, has caused only one confirmed death in the United States. But medical authorities fear it could become much worse, Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address, and that’s why he has thrown substantial federal resources into the campaign against it.
“This is a new strain of the flu virus, and because we haven’t developed an immunity to it, it has more potential to cause us harm,” the president said. “Unlike the various strains of animal flu that have emerged in the past, it’s a flu that is spreading from human to human. This creates the potential for a pandemic, which is why we are acting quickly and aggressively.”
The virus, which has claimed far more victims in Mexico than elsewhere, has not proved as potent in the U.S. “We cannot know for certain why that is, which is why we are taking all necessary precautions in the event that the virus does turn into something worse,” he said.
He recapped his administration’s efforts. They include asking schools with confirmed cases of the flu virus to close for up to 14 days; urging employers to let infected workers take all the sick days they need; and reminding Americans to wash their hands often, cover their coughs and stay home if ill.
Obama noted that the flu strain “can be defeated by a course of antiviral treatment that we already have on hand.” One-fourth of the nation’s 50 million courses of the treatment have been distributed to states, he said.
Obama has asked Congress for $1.5 billion to buy more medicine and equipment if needed.
“It is my greatest hope and prayer that all of these precautions and preparations prove unnecessary,” the president said. “I would sooner take action now than hesitate and face graver consequences later.”
Obviously, no one knows for certain how deadly this virus can be and this appears to be what Obama is communicating in the text you have provided of his radio address.

From what I have read, some people do have an immunity to it.

This site does not embrace FEAR MONGERS!

If you want to live in a state of FEAR, please do so, but don't attempt to spread it like a virus.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-02-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:36 PM

I'm confused.

This is an excerpt from the article below:

'But experts said there is much they don't know about the outbreak in Mexico, where tests confirmed 16 deaths and nearly 450 people sickened. A multinational team of virus sleuths are trying to piece together the epidemiological puzzle.'

16 deaths in Mexico????

I thought the number was near 200?

Huh?

Clarification requested.

Mexico swine flu deaths ebb - but caution urged

Mexico swine flu deaths ebb - but caution urged

By ALEXANDRA OLSON, Associated Press Writers

Alexandra Olson, Associated Press Writers –

Sat May 2, 6:00 pm ET

MEXICO CITY – Mexico said a swine flu epidemic appears to be easing, but urged citizens Saturday not to let their guard down against a virus that has killed 17 people and is spreading across Asia and Europe. Experts warned the virus could mutate and come back with a vengeance.

With no suspected swine flu deaths since Wednesday and fewer people turning up at hospitals with virus symptoms, Mexican officials were guardedly optimistic that the worse was over in the outbreak's epicenter. Cases outside Mexico suggested the new swine flu strain is weaker than feared. But governments moved quickly anyway to ban flights and prepare quarantine plans.

The World Health Organization decided against a full pandemic alert, but that doesn't mean people can relax, said Dr. Mike Ryan, WHO's global alert and response director.

"These viruses mutate, these viruses changes, these viruses can further reassort with other genetic material, with other viruses," he said. "So it would be imprudent at this point to take too much reassurance" from the small number of deaths.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also said it's too early to declare victory.

"We have seen times where things appear to be getting better and then get worse again," said Dr. Anne Schuchat, the U.S. agency's interim science and public health deputy director. "I think in Mexico we may be holding our breath for sometime."

The global caseload was 763 and growing — the vast majority in Mexico, the U.S. and Canada. Costa Rica reported its first confirmed swine flu case — the first in Latin America outside Mexico.

Swine flu cases have been confirmed in 18 countries so far — including Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region — and experts believe the actual spread is much wider than the numbers suggest.

U.S. President Barack Obama urged caution Saturday.

"This is a new strain of the flu virus, and because we haven't developed an immunity to it, it has more potential to cause us harm," Obama said. Later, he spoke with Mexican President Felipe Calderon for about 20 minutes to share information.

What started as a swine flu outbreak more than a week ago in Mexico quickly ballooned to a global health threat, with the WHO declaring a pandemic was imminent. Now public health officials are having to carefully calibrate their statements. Push the message too far, and they could lose credibility if the virus fizzles out. But if they back off and it suddenly surges, the consequences could be much more dire.

Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova — who has fended off criticism that his government reacted too slowly at first — dismissed criticism that Mexico later overreacted in ordering a five-day, nationwide shutdown of all nonessential government and private businesses.

"It's absurd to think that Mexico was putting on a show," Cordova said. "I think it's preferable, at a certain moment, to take advanced measures and succeed in containing the problem than to not take them and ask, 'Why didn't we take them?'"

Mexico's last confirmed swine flu death occurred Tuesday, and the last suspected death came Wednesday, said Pablo Kuri, an epidemiologist and adviser to Cordova.

Cordova said hospitals are now handling fewer patients with swine flu symptoms, a sign that the disease at present is not very contagious. Mexican investigators who visited 280 relatives of victims found only 4 had the virus.

But experts said there is much they don't know about the outbreak in Mexico, where tests confirmed 16 deaths and nearly 450 people sickened. A multinational team of virus sleuths are trying to piece together the epidemiological puzzle.

Kuri said three of the dead were children: a 9-year-old girl, a 12-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy. Four were older than 60.

The other nine were between 21 and 39 — unusual ages for people to die of the flu because they tend to have stronger immune systems.

Although most of the dead were from Mexico City, they came from different neighborhoods in the metropolis of 20 million people, Kuri said. And he said health investigators haven't found any similarities in their medical backgrounds.

One explanation may be that they sought treatment too late — an average of seven days before seeing a doctor. For those who recovered, the average wait was three days, said Hugo Lopez-Gatell Ramirez, deputy director of Mexico's Intelligence Unit for Health Emergencies.

Many of the sick around the world were people who had visited Mexico, including 13 of Britain's 15 cases.

China sealed 305 people inside a Hong Kong hotel where an infected Mexican tourist stayed.

South Korea reported Asia's second confirmed case — a woman just back from Mexico — and other governments prepared to quarantine airline passengers, eager to show how they have learned from the deadly SARS epidemic in 2003, when Hong Kong was criticized for imposing quarantines too slowly.

With the disease on its doorstep, China suspended all direct flights from Mexico. Health workers in white bodysuits patrolled the lobby of the sealed Metropark Hotel where the 25-year-old Mexican stayed before he became Asia's first confirmed case late Friday.

Mexican Foreign Minister Patricia Espinosa complained that China had isolated 71 Mexican nationals in six cities, including Beijing, without reason — and urged Mexicans not to travel to China until the situation was resolved.

"These are discriminatory measures," she said.

Governments must act cautiously, said Michael Osterholm, an infectious disease specialist at the University of Minnesota who has advised the U.S. government on flu preparations.

"This is a flu virus acting like a flu virus and causing, at worst, mild to moderate influenza," he said. "We have no room for complacency here, but we have to have a proportional response. What are the risks at the immediate time?"

___

Associated Press writers David B. Caruso and Malcolm Ritter in New York, Lauran Neergaard in Washington and Paul Haven and Juan Carlos Llorca in Mexico City contributed to this report.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm confused.

The following is an excerpt from the above article:

'But experts said there is much they don't know about the outbreak in Mexico, where tests confirmed 16 deaths and nearly 450 people sickened. A multinational team of virus sleuths are trying to piece together the epidemiological puzzle.'

16 deaths in Mexico????

I thought the number was near 200?

Huh?

Clarification requested.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:04 PM

This is rubbish.

I'm certain the Mexican death toll from the Swine Flu was reported to be nearly 200 and now it's at 19.

Mexican swine flu death toll rises to 19

Mexican swine flu death toll rises to 19

AP – 6 mins ago

MEXICO CITY – Mexico's health secretary says the number of confirmed swine flu cases has risen to 473, including 19 people who died.

The previous confirmed death toll was 16.

Jose Angel Cordova is urging citizens not to let their guard down against a virus that has killed a total of 20 people and is spreading across Asia and Europe. Experts warned the virus could mutate and come back with a vengeance.

Cordova spoke at a news conference Saturday.

Cases outside Mexico suggest the new swine flu strain is weaker than feared. But governments moved quickly anyway to ban flights and prepare quarantine plans.

(This version CORRECTS Corrects in graf 3 total deaths to 20 instead of 16. Moving on general news and financial services.)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but the previously reported Mexican deaths due to Swine flu was near 200 and now it's at 19.

Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-02-2009 at 09:16 PM.